Homecoming - Continued

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Jack Ryder

Re: Homecoming - Continued

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Is it what we think it is?" Jack said with a raised eyebrow. "We can talk over dinner... I don't think Kinsey's eaten anything but muffins from the reception desk and tea."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Dinner sounds wonderful!” Kinsey exclaimed saving Keira from what she though was about to be an awkward conversation.

“Yeah sure dinner sounds great.” Keira agreed with a glance at Zeke.

Zeke Ryder

Post by Zeke Ryder »

"Beats the replicated stuff we've had on the Calhoun." Zeke agreed. "I really did miss living here... still kinda home. Even though I'm getting used to Xenex. One of the other Chieftans have been joking that my eyes are getting more lavender."
Zeke Ryder
Mate of Keira of Condacin
Leadership Council of Xenex

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Y'know... they ARE a little..." Jack said as he stopped and looked at them. "Fascinating... just a little bit near the iris, don't really see it if you're not looking for it. I always suspected that regular... contact with a Xenexian will eventually cause a bit of a change in the mate or simply being on the planet." he removed the contact lens from his left eye and blinked a couple of times. "Left eye is my only 'good' eye, but see just a hint. Won't see it in my right eye, I had an accident in the lab a few years back. You do realize... this may be a good thing, means that humans could potentially save the Xenexian race."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Keira laughed, “at the rate you guys are going. Three now right? Not counting Carly that is.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"I count Carly." Jack said with a chuckle. "And you. But yeah... Alex is getting big, might be time to try for another..." he said with a smirk. "If it happens it happens, but y'know it's shocking how fast she got her figure back. I'd even say her fighting reflexes are back to what they were, even if she doesn't think so." he cleared his throat. "But in all seriousness, combination of the treatment Kinsey had when she got pregnant with Mac and Jason and well... lots of contact. Terrans could mate with Xenexians and get your birth rates up. You can only make do with what you have for so long before you start inbreeding and that's not exactly healthy. Your planet has less than two generations before it can no longer repopulate itself. Mid 26th Century and Calhoun will pretty much be all you'll be able to populate."

"Yeah... Council wasn't too crazy when our own scientists were saying the same thing. Terrans on Xenex are still a sore subject." Zeke said with a sigh and nodded his head. "Unless we find some other planets with Terran offshoots."

"There are a few." Jack replied and smiled slightly. "I can't get over how big you two have gotten, and how mature you both sound. You know, we could set you two up at the Compound. I'm sure we could talk the Presidents Price into getting you office space. And Ally would love to have an excuse to play hooky from work with you two."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“That would great at least while we’re here.” Keira said and squeezed Jack’s hand. “We really can’t stay any longer then two weeks.”

“We know.” Kinsey said with a loving smile at Jack. “He just wants to father you is all. Let him he misses you.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"She's right... even though deep down I really really want you two to stay here with us longer." Jack replied and put his arms around the two of them. "So I am going to spoil you both and make it incredibly hard for you to go back to Xenex."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kassie Kaine-Calhoun

Post by Kassie Kaine-Calhoun »

Later that evening --

Kassie walked into the dining room with a couple bottles of homebrew and gave Keira and Zeke a smile. "Brought the 'good stuff', I'm pretty sure you two are old enough to drink this stuff now." she gave Jack a smirk. "I can't get over how mature you both look now. By the way, before you leave, I got a whole trunk of clothes you can take with you. Some of the office gals thought it would be a good idea to do a clothing drive for Xenex, since well, we heard about how some of your more outlying areas are struggling with getting decent stuff. We also got some moisture evaporator systems for the desert dwellers too. We kept it a surprise, but when you're married to a Xenexian..."

"Super generous Kassie... thanks." Zeke said with a huge smile. "Yeah I wanted to pick up some of the bikes and cycles I still had in storage for much the same reason. It's baby steps but we're doing what we can to get things rebuilt. Although after what happened on Thessia... everyone is on edge. We've been fortifying some of the caves and building more underground things as well." he sighed heavily. "They're worried that the Brethren will wipe out what we've worked so hard to rebuild."

"Keira, I'll be sending you whatever we hear about their movements. You're my sister in law... I'm keeping you in the loop regardless of any 'access' that you're granted or not." Kassie said and poured a glass of homebrew for Kinsey. "Oh and the President said you're doing a great job 'mom'. Not that you've done a ton but what you've done so far is helpful."
Kassandra "Ka'h'zy" Kaine-Calhoun
Price Administration - Xenexian Delegate