Homecoming - Continued

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Zeke Ryder

Homecoming - Continued

Post by Zeke Ryder »

Zeke and Kiera walked off the transport and looked around. He grabbed their bags and smiled as he smelled the distinctive scent of the fresh cinnamon pretzel twists from a sidewalk vendor.

"Haven't smelled those in months." Zeke said and then noticed Jack and Kinsey walking towards them. "Y'know Uncle Jack is going to want to spend some time with you. How much you want to bet he thinks you're pregnant..."
Zeke Ryder
Mate of Keira of Condacin
Leadership Council of Xenex

Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Homecoming - Continued

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"Try not to think to much about it around him." Keira whispered with a smirk and took off running towards Jack. She didn't miss a step as she threw her arms around him and squeezed tightly.

"I always knew you were her favorite." Kinsey laughed.

"I missed you." Kiera whispered.

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"I missed you too luv." Jack said with a smile and hugged her tightly. "How was the trip? I hope you can stay planetside for awhile."
"That's the plan for now. Xenex needs representation with the Alliance council so we volunteered. Given that we're the Kiera and Zeke of this reality after all." Zeke said as he walked over to Kinsey and gave her a hug. "You're looking a lot better than the last time I saw you."

"She's actually been taking care of herself." Jack said with a chuckle. "I see a lot less hair in the sink drain after a shower, so she's less stressed. For now."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"Yeah well at least I'm not going grey." Kinsey said as she ruffled Jack's hair.

"I suppose dying has it's benefits but I shouldn't have had to hear you're alive from Carly." Keira glared at her. "Anyway we'll be here for a week or two depending on how things go with the council. I would stay longer by I have my own council to get back to."

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Well for the record, it's actually some errant nanobots I implanted in my scalp. I think they make me look distinguished." Jack said with a smirk.

"I'm sure he SAYS that... but he freaks out every morning in the mirror... am I right?" Zeke winked at Kinsey.

"Please make it two weeks... you know I still get cold sweats when I even think about heading to Xenex." Jack whispered to Kiera. "And we should have told you first... but it wasn't exactly the easiest thing to verify, when all I had to vet her identity were my own scans and a few very old strands of hair still in her brush." he sighed and hugged Kiera tightly. "Let's make a pact right here... that the past is the past and we act like the family we should be."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"Alright two weeks and I think I can agree to that." Kiera whispered back.

Kinsey picked up Keria's bag and slung it over her shoulder as Keria finally let go of Jack.

"So...I figured you two would want your own room at the compound." Kinsey said with a glance at Jock. "I also figured you'd want to spend some time with Jack so James and Clint have plans to keep you busy Zeke. If they get to clingy you can tell James he can't see Mackenzie for awhile and Clint that I'll make the President send him on a mission somewhere until hell freezes over."

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Works for me." Zeke said and nodded his head. "Yeah I wanted to work with Clint a bit, Xenex kinda needs at least something of ran intelligence network."

"What about the schools?" Jack inquired.

"Those too... course most of the younger generation is here on Terra Alpha, but we're only like barely a half year from the time when a lot of them will be considered 'adults' and the old guys on Xenex want some of them to help." Zeke said as he ran his hand through his hair. "I think it's too soon... I think it was too soon for us to be 'adult' but at least we're not numbered in the hundreds anymore."

"Whatever you two need, we'll help with. I try to keep my ear to the ground and learn who has some pull or resources we can keep in mind. After how close things were with the election, we can't afford to not be watchful." Jack said with a sigh and held onto Kiera's hand as they walked. "So, first night back home... anything you want to do or go to? K'n'zy's influence has had one positive impact, if Kinsey says she needs the day off... no one complains."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Keira a raised an eyebrow as she glanced over at her sister.

"And how is that going, by the way, we tried to keep it quiet back home but word spread from the colony." Keira informed them. "Mostly talk that you'd been killed and replaced. I'm glad it wasn't true."

Kinsey shrugged, "I'm better."

Keira raised as skeptical eyebrow as she looked over at Jack for confirmation. If there was one thing she hated about her sister it was her ability to tell half truths. She could give you enough just so she could say she didn't lie.

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"She's better." Jack said with a nod and shrugged his shoulders. "Was weird for a while but Thessia... kind of got things back to normal-ish for her."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"You're sure?" Keira inquired slowing her pace just enough to put space between them and Kinsey.