Homecoming - Continued

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Jack Ryder

Re: Homecoming - Continued

Post by Jack Ryder »

"I'd know if she wasn't." Jack whispered. "She's been haunted by a lot of unlocked memories but we've been working through them. It helps that the President has made her an Intelligence adviser. Gives her something to do, plus Daisy Hill's back on her staff."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Keira made a disgusted face, "Not Daisy she's so...what's that word...peppy?"

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"That's a word. Hey, she keeps her organized and I get more Kinsey time." Jack said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Oh and guess who else has come back from the great beyond that is long term mission, your Aunt Ally... her undercover mission is finally over, so Price put her into Kinsey's team."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"Really?" Keira said excitedly. "Do you think she'll want to go shopping? I haven't done that since we moved to Xenex."

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"That was the first thing she asked about when I told you were coming. You'll need a shuttle to carry everything in." Jack said with a wink. "Which we're giving you."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Zeke Ryder

Post by Zeke Ryder »

"Did I hear we're getting a shuttle?" Zeke said as he turned his head and looked at Jack.

"Well that rickety old thing you salvaged is hardly worthy of Kiera and... I do want you two to be safe. I still think of you as my 'firstborn' Kiera... always will. And Zeke has been my favorite nephew... well my ONLY nephew but I care about you both quite a lot. Dad has the shuttle in his garage, we're still installing a few things on it. Mainly a better comms system and improved shield emitters." he gave Kinsey a wink. "And more insulated smuggling compartments."

"You guys are the best... really." Zeke said with a smile. "Oh and Kinsey... we've got a few things for you too. We've been excavating near your family's old homestead. We found what was left of an old computer data storage unit, we've got some old pictures of you and some of your parents as children. Must have belonged to your grandparents. As well as some other pieces of jewelry and such that survived the Brethren attack. Now we know which side of your family your personality came from. Totally came from your paternal grandmother's side. Apparently... from the records we dug up, she was a smuggler and a brewer too in her younger days."
Zeke Ryder
Mate of Keira of Condacin
Leadership Council of Xenex

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Always did suspect that. Calhoun women have always been forces to behold." Jack said with a smirk. "As I am sure you have found out being married to one."

"Even half Calhoun women..." Zeke said with a smile.

"I have long considered taking a trip back in time to get some historical records and visual evidence to help you lot rebuild Xenex. And yet... I've wondered if you were better off simply creating something brand new, without the feeling that you HAD to rebuild the past." Jack\ said with a wink. "You've done pretty well so far."

"Would settle a lot of bets and arguments." Zeke countered.
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Oh,” Kinsey inquired with a smirk. “Somethings are better left in the past. Besides I don’t need you going back and tormenting Jonas.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Oh but it would be hilarious... although he does still owe me but I'd rather torment him now than when he was a kid and had no idea of what was coming." Jack said with a wink. "Speaking of kids... how HAVE you two been getting on eh? Must say you are looking quite the woman lately Keira, which is proving my point to Kinsey that she stopped aging at your age."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Keira blushes slightly, “We’ve been getting on just fine Jack. Though we should probably talk later.”