New Power

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Re: New Power

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Told you for years, I'd support your kids. Just like I did with Aimee and have been doing with Ethan. Of course old Ethan is going to be nothing like your Ethan, you never came back in his and Trinity's timeline, because my daughter never went back in time." Nick said with a gesture of his hand. "So... don't give up. You're like a sister to me and frankly, if Milo doesn't wake up and smell the hottie then he's a bigger fool than I thought he was. Hell, all this talk about the Jase, you could run a ranch and live a normal life. You've more than paid your dues. We all have. But I think we'd get bored without the action, we both know it."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca shrugged, "It's not that I'd get bored. Lord knows there's always more work to do than there are hours in a day running a ranch. Especially one the size of the Rafter-S. I am not one to sit on the sidelines when the proverbial excitement hits the fan. I tried at the onset of the Dominion War. My words said no, but my heart said yes. I'm just not built to let others do the important tasks. Neither are you.''

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Yeah, can't sit back while others are giving everything they've got. Although balance... just because we're fighting the literal forces of darkness doesn't mean that we shouldn't be allowed at least a LITTLE time for our own enjoyment." Nick said with a smirk. "And look... if it doesn't work with Milo in the end... it doesn't work. It happens. Nat's first husband wasn't a bad guy... not evil at least. It just stopped working."

"That's true... we both moved on pretty quick. Felt like I was sleeping next to a loaf of french bread. He said the same of me. I honestly didn't get too... okay I burned his clothes... but after I calmed down, didn't shock me that he went for someone more like him. Calmer, more sedate. He called me a hyperactive puppy. Which isn't too far off the mark." Natalia chuckled. "Just lacked a similar passion. Nick and Alice have that. Noonian and I have it as well. Either you two work as a couple or you don't. Which isn't a bad thing. Okay so you faked your death... cheated it... hardly the first person to do that. You had your reasons."

"Of course when you don't tell your best friend... even after the fact..." Nick poked playfully and chuckled. "Eh, I know how the thing goes... do what you have to do. That's what we were all trained for. What all the schemes and plans and contingencies are for."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"That's the rub isn't it?" Rebecca said. "Those outside can never understand, and those who are inside know too much."