Dark Threat

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Rebecca Talon

Re: Dark Threat

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca kneeled next to him. Feeling his head, and then pressing her fingers against his neck. "Ethan, your pulse is over 150. Can you try to relax for me?"

Pressing a button on her belt, a med kit was beamed to her from her transporter buffer. Flipping the case open she grabbed a hyposray, and loaded it with a strong pain killer. "Ethan, are you allergic to any kind of pain meds?"

Ethan Riddic

Post by Ethan Riddic »

"No idea... never really used them." Ethan said with a half smile and winced. "And this isn't the body I'm used to either... should have known that they couldn't clone Furyan as easily as Terran, it's close but no cigar." he clenched his fists and took a few deep breaths. "First time I've seen a planet since we left. Lost the bet I had with Kirby... thought she'd be the first one to get out. Cloned her too. Only one they didn't clone was Lothar and Deveraeux... spaced them. Gave 'em the option to fight to the death or take the long walk out an airlock. Thought the Imperium assholes were bad but Dominus... his people are insane. Wait until Marcus sees her... "

"Marcus is... he's been dead for a few years now Ethan." Clint said, his voice flat and the guilt from his role in his death bubbling up again.

"Damn... was a good soldier but it happens..." Ethan said, trying to keep his mind off the pain while Becca worked. "How's Liv?"

"Living with Becca's son and daughter and my granddaughter and Jena Tana..." Nick said as he approached him.

"Heh... not shocked. Tana always had a crush on Olivia and about 99% of the population of the galaxy." Ethan chuckled and winced. "If you have to cut it off, cut it off... peg leg will go up Dominus' ass just as well as a size 13 boot."
Major Ethan Riddic
Marine Clone

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Well that's s bit dramatic don't you think?" Rebecca asked as she pressed a hyposray to his neck. "Besides I'm a Magical Space Monk, not a doctor."

She winced looking at the mangled flesh, "Nicholas, do you think your mom is up to looking after him?"

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"That'a what she does." Nick said and gave her a look. "Magical space monk? Been hanging out with me too long, getting my sense of humor."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Only almost all my life," she said dryly. Pressing her combadge, "Rebecca Talon to Central Transporter Control."

"Go ahead Admiral, " a male voice replied.

"Get a lock on my combadge, and transport it to Mercy Hospital." She leaned over and clipped the device to his shirt.

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Mercy Hospital... la di da using the real name for it not just 'Naval Medical Center'." Nick teased and crouched down next to Ethan. "Just recover... want me to tell Olivia you're... well back."

"Honestly sir... not sure. Will she really want a clone of her husband?" Ethan said and closed his eyes. "She's probably moved past me anyway."

"She was kind of cloned too, got more in common than you realize..." Nick heard the confirmation chirp on the communicator. "And don't beat up the nurses!"

"No promises that I won't try to escape!" Ethan chuckled as he was beamed away.

"Marines..." Nick rolled his eyes. "Iris..." he said as he tapped his glasses. "Get these corpses to the secure lab at AlphaTek tower, perhaps they'll give us some information after all." he walked over to Kinsey and held her hand. "We'll get Jack back... same promise I made to him with you. About damn time you got to be the badass rescue party."

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"I will get him back I just haven't figured out how yet." Kinsey said as she clutched the data chip in her hand. Finding Jack wasn't going to be the issue, not with Dominus so determined have Pythus. The issue was going to be the rescue party. Her first choice would always be Clint and Selene but they had already suffered far to much in the hands of Dominus's family and she wasn't about to introduce Dominus to any more of her children. Right now she was the rescue party and as much as she wanted to hop the first ship off world she had to be smart about it.

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Whatever you plan... count me in." Nick said as he put his hand on her shoulder. "I'm going to see if Admiral Rigan will let me take the Tigris. That bird has seen more Pythus action and for as old a ship as it is, it's always gotten me and mine home. Or we could steal the New Zealand... another old ship with a good history." he added with a wink. "Speaking of New Zealand, I may have some people that could give us some needed man power. Bunch of Maori warriors, mustard out Marines that we could tap before Trinity get's to them."

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Are you sure about this? You should stay here with Alice and Gale this could turn into a one way trip quickly. I won’t risk any of them.” Kinsey said as she nodded towards Clint and Selene. “They’ll want to help. We’ll have to slip away and the less that know the better. Dominus could have eyes and ears everywhere.”

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I will come, and so will Ja'larin," Rebecca said simply. "And if you want boots let's talk to Ethan. I think the 69th is under his command now."