Dark Threat

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Jack Ryder

Re: Dark Threat

Post by Jack Ryder »

"If it saves everyone else... at least for today... it's worth it." Jack said and saluted his father. "How you raised me."

"Uhm no, it's not, i raised you to survive and stay out of shit like this." Nick replied

"Admiral... you can use my lab. Sure something will help you there." Jack said and approached Dominus. "End this before we all do something we regret."

"So unlike Jackson." Dominus said with a nod of his head. "You're actually using your considerable intellect." he looked at Ryder and Talon. "Control, call off the attack. Proceed to Pythus." he cocked his head. "As promised. Now keep your word and perhaps you may see your son again in this lifetime."

~ I love you Kinsey. Tell the kids I love them too. I left something for Kiera and Zeke in the glove box of my Vette. Might help you too.~ Jack replied mentally, keeping it all intentionally vague in case Dominus somehow added telepathy to his list of powers or he had a telepath among his goons. This was a dangerous gambit, but it would be worth it in the end. He hoped.
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“If you hurt him I will hunt you down and rip you apart.” Kinsey informed Dominus coldly.

Dominus

Post by Dominus »

"Oh I don't doubt that." Dominus said as he gave her a once over. "Now if K'n'zy was more like you... " he snapped his fingers. "Transport to Flagship. Now."

Nick glared at him and whispered into his communicator. "Byron Ops... keep a lock on him as far as you can. Transmit data to Calhoun."

"Your wife is a smart woman to keep her distance. Would hate to fry her." Dominus said as they beamed away.
Lord Dominus

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca glanced at Nick and Jack. She hated what would become of him. A clean death now would be far more humane. Her thumb pressed on the activation button taking the play out of the mechanism before it lit.

Sighing in defeat she flipped the kliden in hand and clipped it to her belt. She kneeled in the grass and with closed eyes she reached out with the ijulna. Knowing Jack was a telepath she projected, ~Use the ijulna. I will take on your pain.~

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey watched as Jack disappeared with Dominus in the light of a transporter beam. Her rage had stayed bottled up but as reality settled in she could. A statue a few feet away exploded.

“I’ll pay for a new one.” Kinsey informed Nick latter of fact. “We need whatever intel we can get out hands on. Jack said he has an escape plan and I trust him but when the hell have our plans ever worked out? Especially when it comes to Jackson and Dominus.”

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick nodded his head and reached into his pocket and pulled out a battered old isolinear chip. "These are the Python files. Remember, I used to be the CO of Exploration and Colonization, unless the entire sector's had planets move, this is as accurate a map as we'll get, given the fact that the whole damn sector moved, but that's neither here nor there. We know where it is now and he's gone from threat to Enemy Number One."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca's eyes flew open. She remained motionless trying to take everything in.

Ja'larin approached Nick, and handed him a data rod. "This may help. I tried to download as much as I could from his database."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Probably out of date but it's a good start." Nick said as he handed the rod to Kinsey. "Now I'm not anyone's boss but... I think we know what we need to do next. We need to go back to the Pythus Sector and shut him down. Jack's tougher than he lets on. Although ever since he married Kinsey he's been more... what's a nice way of saying more reckless and risk taking?"

"We shouldn't have let him go but... this ended a lot cleaner than it should have." Clint said as he put his bow across his back. "If you assemble a team, count us in. Jack and Kinsey are family. Hell we're all family here."

"Even me?" One of the cloak suited Secret Service guards said.

"Even you 21..." Nick replied with an eye roll. "And seriously dude... where the fuck where you?"

"I killed like three of his guys... they were in suits too." 21 replied.

"And that ladies and gentlemen are what we're facing... Nick Ryder gone bad. He's intelligent, he's brutal, and he doesn't give two fucks about anyone." Nick said bluntly. "Only thing he cares about is loyalty and bringing chaos. He may not have access to our database or anything like that, but he's built his own and face it... we're matched. He wouldn't ask for an entire sector of space to rule if he didn't have the infrastructure in place."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca discreetly checked the bodies of Dominus' fodder. The man she had incapacitated lay lifeless, from what looked like suicide. That made her dislike the man even more, but you had to respect him. This type of loyalty didn't come from fear.

Sighing she approached Nick. "I tried to link myself to Jack before he was gone. I have no idea if it worked. I haven't done that before. But, hopefully I can help him endure the pain."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Hopefully you won't need to endure it." Nick said as he looked over at Kinsey. "For her sake." he looked around and raised an eyebrow. "Where'd Ethan go? The bald guy."

"Yo, over here!" Clint pointed to a spot in the park where Ethan was laying on his back with his ankle twisted completely around. "You alright?"

"Oh yeah, my ankles just twist around like a pretzel normally, of course I'm not alright. I'm in a lot of pain!" Ethan said back and winced. "Figures that son of a bitch would let me get hurt, cloned me back to life from my severed head which someone attempted to use as a bowling ball..."