Dark Threat

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Re: Dark Threat

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I could ask Alice if she wants to help. Besides... Gale's cool being with Isabella. Probably as much as he is with either Alice or I. Which is... comforting and disturbing." Nick said as he crossed his arms."My first week in Pythus, I was nearly killed at least three times and that was when I was still working more or less in Intelligence with Rexi. And we had a full starship crew and support team at our disposal. And Dominus knows that we're coming. He's not stupid, he knows we're not going to just leave him be. He'll be waiting. But I also know he's not going to be so easy to take down. Look at what happened when I was taken and thought dead. Everything continued on. Hell, somethings even ran better. He's had decades to form a power base. Thing is... so have I." he glanced at Becca and the Jase. "You're part of that power base Kinsey. We're going to have to be clever in this. And keep in mind, he doesn't just have Jack, he's also got any Starfleet that was still left in the sector when it was lost almost thirty years ago. Who knows what's happened to them."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Then we either meet force with overwhelming force, or we err on the side of caution, we make sure Dominus doesn't know we are there until it's too late. Both have their drawbacks. The covert option, if things go pear shaped... well it will be a one-way trip."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Let's have a modicum of optimism huh?" Nick replied and gave Becca 'the look'. "Jack may be my skinny nerd son, but he's tougher than he lets on. I'm more worried about Dominus and unfettered access to Pythus now that we know where it went and that it's actually accessible to normal space again. We know he's enslaved the Faerians. He's got the Brethren working for him. And he's got a planet killing weapon that he really doesn't have any problems using." he tapped his wrist band. "Let's reconvene at my war room in my basement in... two hours. Kins, go over the data. J'Larin, start calling in assets. Clint, I want tracking sats set up on every colony we've got from here to Earth. Becca..." he tossed her a set of keys. "You're driving, I'm making calls."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca slid into the driver's seat of Nick'd car, and turned the key. "What are you thinking?" She said as Nick sat in the seat next to her. "I think we need a Narlin ship. Or at least their cloaks."

She put the car into gear and pulled up to the street. "Which way?"

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Left." Nick said as he pulled out his padd and started going through his contacts. "I think as much as the Narlins would be happy to help, I don't want to involve them in this. At least not yet. Neither of us are on active or even reserve duty, so its not like we have any real authority to command a Naval team." he looked over at her. "But I think maybe... we should use one of my ships. I've got a phase cloak, stealth gear, experimental weapons, the works. Big enough to do an evac, small enough to not look like we pose a massive threat. I was going to use it as my personal craft for appearances and other do-gooder missions with Alice, but it's certainly mission capable. She IS coming with us on this. We're going to need a good multi discipline science officer and the fact that she can crank out more therms than I can when she's stressed. She melted a good part of the old Vella Cava station when we escaped." he pulled up a list of names. "How do you feel about having a team of Augments join us?"

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

She shrugged, "Kahn? He's not the same man our Kirk encountered."

She turned and accelerated down the street. "You may not want the Narlins involved, but I suggest we at least bring one along. No one in the galaxy knows cloaking technology like the Narlins. The Imperium knows there are Narlin ships in their space, and they haven't found them yet."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Yeah because they lack the right sensor protocols." Nick said with a grin. "Remember who helped design those back in the day when I was still S31..." he chuckled. "But yeah they know how to keep a really good stable cloak AND they're good fighters. V'Pier and I had very good cloak tech, but Narlin tech is just a work of art." he hummed. "Khan prefers to be called Noonian now. Unless we're in a scrap, then he'll go by Khan. Hey, he's my brother in law now. I used to hate that guy ever since I was enhanced, everyone brought him up. Then what happens, my little sister marries his alternate, who's also my former secretary and our 2nd President's grandfather. Becca... why do I have this knack for latching onto strong, capable women? Like look at this contact list of my best agents and operatives, almost all women. A handful of guys. Admiral Tomlinson used to joke that his contact list and mine should date, no one would be a wall flower." he snapped his fingers. "Of course... Kassie Kaine, my old Yeoman, she's Price's aide but Jack gave her and Jason a civilianized Nova class as a wedding present. Support ship. It's a civilian starship, all the 'good' weapons are well hidden and blocked from scan. It's a glorified party boat to anyone else... keep that parked near Aderaan, last time we were in Pythus they were pretty much a way station. Her ship can be where we call in support from and act as our relay point, if we do end up needing the Fleet, she can direct them from there. Only thing is... can Price do without his aide de camp for the duration of this mission? Course, Jack's her father in law so keeping her out of this will be near impossible and Jason sure as hell won't stay on the sidelines when it comes to his dad."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"If he needs an aide there's McKenzie. That woman has Julie's house running like a well oiled machine. Never seen a more capable aide. No accounting for her taste in loyalties." She said with a grin. Shrugging she continued more seriously, "Talk to Trinity. She has your pigheaddness, with Yeoman Corps training."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"She's a lot like her mother. Yet, I think she's a lot less... what's the word... dainty. Granted Angel can get dirty with the best of them, but she always was in a clean and pressed uniform and made up and cleaned up as soon as she could. Trinity... she's pretty good at faking it with perfume and long sleeves." Nick said with a smile. "This sucks...their wedding is this weekend too. Kiera and Zeke are here. Pretty much the whole family is here, except Jack and we're all going to be launching and planning a rescue mission. Some honeymoon, 'hey Trini... mind rallying your brand new regiment to go and find your uncle?'."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I was thinking more along the lines of her helping out Jon. Besides the regiments have their own commanders. A Colonel to be exact. Here's an idea. What if we asked President Ortiz to back us up? I doubt Dominus would be expecting that."