The Mata Haris

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Trinity Talon

Re: The Mata Haris

Post by Trinity Talon »

"The uniform code would allow for that, kind of why some Naval ships still wear the old Starfleet uniforms from before the fall, and others even go as far back as Dominion War era uniforms." Trinity said with a nod of her head. "You should see the Maori Marine guys... some of them like wearing vests that show off their arm tattoos. Y'know... I'm going to ask dad if his Marine division is transferring or not, bunch of Kiwis and Maori, just in case the Indians give us a hard time. But I'm going to crack those nuts." Trinity winced when she realized what she said. "Annnnnd on that note... I am going to shut up now, put some meat in my mouth." she put her hand over her mouth and laughed. "Drunk Trinity everyone... she'll be here all night."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan grunted and scraped his plate clean, "Probably ought to keep the field uniforms... well, uniform."

"Makes sense," David agreed.

Ethan smirked staring up at the ceiling. Shouting he said, "Hey you two! Stop doing the nasty and come and eat!"
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

Olivia could be heard laughing as she thumped on the floor twice and came down moments later in just one of Jena's shirts, with Jena herself in tow, wrapped in a sheet. "Hey you two were really out late... or early..." she said with a smile as she sat down. "I suppose we needed to take a break... big green needs water anyway."

"I've lost all track of time." Jena said as she pretty much chugged a glass of water and sighed with a smile. "Oh... Mrs. Ackers... I'm going to need a lot of towels." she pointed to her leg. "The drug I took to make myself look non-Orion for our mission, it's not wearing off like it should, so we're spray tanning the green away for now."

Trinity snickered and smirked as she looked at Jena. "Yeah that could tan really weird, supposed to be super sunny and hot today, like in the 90s, can only imagine what a weird tan you'd get with half light and half green skin."

"Liv's been scraping my skin so the tanning stuff sticks better. Among other things." Jena said with a saucy grin.

"Among a lot of things." Olivia said as she put some of the eggs on her plate and contemplated the bacon.

"Oh eat the bacon... you don't have to be a veggie... " Jena said as she took a piece. "Meat IS good y'know."

"Such a bad influence." Olivia said and put a couple of pieces on her plate. "And here I thought Aimee was the bad girl of the family."

"Says the former spy boss that did a three point landing over the balcony on her way down." Jena replied. "Same girl that can drop a six foot six woman in two seconds."

"I'll have to teach you that move Trinity... works great for keeping your mate in one place." Olivia teased. "My Ethan... he was about Jena's size, actually a tad shorter, and I could take him down. Marines never quite 'get' the 'stay in bed, it's your day off'."

"Oh I have my ways." Trinity gave Ethan a wink. "Although cowboys don't quite have days off, but hopefully the new hires I bring in... we can actually take days off."

"Cherish those days off, you never know how many you'll get." Olivia said with a slight sigh and started to eat a piece of bacon. "I worry about you Marines a lot. I'm not putting on a uniform again but... I'd be willing to help with hand to hand combat training if you need an instructor. I helped train my Ethan's unit... " Olivia said and then saw Jena and Trinity blushing and smirking. "NOT THAT UNIT... although..." she smiled and looked up. "You guys know what I mean... right?" she asked Ethan and David.
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"I would like that a lot," Ethan said as he reached for another biscuit and this time smeared it with homemade strawberry preserves. Not too worried about the Highlanders. Dougal was a Starfleet Marine, and the Irish were formed during the Imperium war. It's the Cowboys and Indians I worry about. I'm not sure the cowboy Commander could pour sand out of a boot with the directions written on the heel."

David looked up, "Hey I resemble that remarke!" The two cousins burst into laughter.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Jena Tana

Post by Jena Tana »

"Oh we'll press 'em into shape." Jena said with a wink. "You do realize that I used to be a competitive weight lifter and I wrestled." she flexed her biceps. "Not as big as they used to be, but at least I can fit into clothes without shredding them. We can run the same training we did on the old Mata Hari. Angel was all stressed out because half the crew failed their yearly physical, so... I worked them harder than bootcamp in about three weeks, every single person that didn't pass, passed and could go hand to hand with a Klingon and live to tell the tale."

"Captain Worf was a read hardass during that too. He pulled zero punches." Olivia nodded her head and chuckled. "No one outside of S31 believes that Worf was our CO for about a year."

"I served under him and I don't believe it." Jena replied. "Speaking of hardasses... your Aunt, Trinity... when she's training... she's downright sadistic."

"Only when I think they need it. My Ethan didn't think I was sadistic enough at times." Liv wiggled her eyebrows. "Ooh rah... please LT... no more. You'll drop and give me fifty more... bitch."

"And everyone thinks I'M the dominant one in this relationship..." Jena teased.
Jena Tana Ph.D
Structural Engineer
Drummer

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"There is a conundrum. You train them well enough, not to get themselves killed, the bean counters at the top decide they can give us all the tough assignments, and we end up being the spear point of the next bloody battle. We're militia for God's sake!" Ethan nodded his head in decision, "Let's drill their asses into the turf. Not just conditioning, but small arms and hand to hand. We'll put them on old projectile rifles. If they can master those they can master a phaser. We'll need to find people who can train sword and knife fighting. Anyone know any Narlins looking for a job?"

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"I'll talk to Kahlia, she named her latest kid after my father and my sister, so I think she'll be up for doing us a favor and loaning someone out. Although I could train bladed weapons as well. I actually started teaching Lana and Vin how to handle a knife safely once they started to learn to walk and pick things up. I used to have no less than three blades on me at all times. Collapsible katana, a blade in my boot and one in my bra." she sighed and shook her head. "It's actually be completely refreshing to just throw on a shirt and not think about where I can hide a blade. Although if someone came through that door, Mrs. Acker's knives would do the job."

"Don't touch her knives, she's serious about them." Trinity said with a laugh. "I tried to take one to open a box and she slapped my hand so fast. She's like a Ninja."

"Maybe she is.' Olivia eyed her up. "You'd never know. I had a woman in my team, she was in her seventies, looked like a grandma... but she could kick ass without breaking a sweat."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Oh I'm not ninja to be sure dear, but I'm not an old woman... Well, THAT old of a woman." She shrugged and started gathering up the empty dishes. "I'm just thankful for the job. You're good people to be sure," Mrs
Ackers crooned. "Oh, Ethan, we're getting down on meat dear. You might want to butcher another steer."

David finished off his coffee and pushed himself away from the table. "I'll take care of it. You need to get some sleep cousin."

Ethan nodded, "Thank you."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Yeah... we need some actual sleep." Trinity said as she got up and looped her arm around Ethan's back. "Liv, Jena... you going to be up for a while?"

"Wasn't planning on it... " Olivia said as she finished off the juice she had poured for herself. "Lana's still asleep. Three of us spent most of the evening shopping and wandering around and practicing our set list for the reception. Made about fifty bucks busking. New holographic drum kit is going to be pretty slick looking, sounds just like the real thing without the set up."

"We had to stop because we were too loud." Jena said with a proud smile. "Hey, did Aimee do something with that guitar and amp we gave her?"

"Ohhhh yeah... I recorded some of it." Trinity nodded her head. "Girl's got pipes."

"Well then that's promising... Mata Hari's will actually have another guitarist until I can teach Lana how to play synth keyboard." Olivia nodded her head. "Felt so good to just perform, not performing as a side to a mission. Felt like an artist again..."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Well don't look at me. I can play the guitar fairly well, and song well enough not to scare the cattle off and that's about it."