"It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Ethan Talon

Re: "It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan shrugged, "Real food MREs taste better than emergency rations by far, but they weigh more, so it will depend on the deployment, and how the front shapes up. I need to form a logistics Corps. I'll just put Trinity in change of it... not that she doesn't already have enough on her plate."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Remember we do have those new low cost buffer bands, can store way more in those than you can in a pack anyway." Angel pointed to what looked like a delicate pearl watch on her wrist. "Ethan teases me about how much I have stored in the micro buffer. And I think Trinity has some ideas on logistics already, your wife only needs to sleep like 4 hours a night. What do you think she does at 4am when she gets up to pee? We're usually up at the same time. Half this wedding was planned while you slept. Granted I thought you both young for your new ranks, but it was abundantly clear you're more than capable. And I can call you 'son' now. Always wanted a son to be honest." she whispered in his ear. "Trinity's father and I ARE trying... by the way next week... if you and her can't reach us... that's why. Might not be a bad time for you two to... try too. We won one war, that we thought would end everything... we'll do it again."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan chuckled, "There is one thing being a Marine, and ranching have in common. Early rising. She might be up at 4 am, but so am I. There's horses and cattle to feed. The earlier you start that the more daylight you have for all the other things."

He hugged Angel, "Now, mom, I really don't need to know about your love life anymore than you want to know about Trinity's. Oh by the way. Let me apologize to your ears in advance."

He winked , and walked over to the band as they were wrapping up a song. He jumped onto the stage and leaned into the lead singer. "Hey you guys want a break?"

The singer smiled, "I think we would love to. Could use a drink."

"Get some food too," Ethan said.

The band gratefully set down their instruments, and dispersed into the crowd. Nervously picking up a guitar he slung the strap over his head and stepped up to the microphone. "This song is an old cowboy song, and it perfectly sums up my feelings for the love of my life."

He took a half a step back and started picking away at a well rehearsed song.
Just look at you, girl
Standin' here beside me
Starlight on your hair
Lookin' like a dream
I dreamed somewhere
And look at me, girl
You got me actin' just like a lover
In an old time picture show
And how I got the part
I just don't know
But it's written all across your face
Plain as it can be
You're the one that I was lookin' for
Now you're all that I can see
You mean everything to me
And I'd do anything to have you stay forever
I'm an ordinary man
But I feel like I could do anything in the world
When I look at you, girl
Just look at you, girl
Walkin' here beside me
Misty morning light
I see my own reflection in your eyes
And just smile at me, girl
With eyes that tell a story
That words can never say
Tellin' me your love is gonna stay
And we're standin' right together now
In everything we do
And if my world should come apart
I'll still be lovin' you
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

Trinity joined Ethan on stage and put her arms around him and kissed him passionately. "Ladies and gents... I need to borrow the groom for... half hour? Hour?" she teased.

"Fifteen minutes!" Vin shouted with a laugh. "Marines don't need much time!"

"Oh hush you!" Trinity giggled and waved him off as she practically dragged her husband off the stage.

"Heaven help the man that thinks fifteen minutes is enough time." Olivia said as she walked up on the stage and saluted Ethan and Trinity. "General and Colonel Talon everyone... make me a grand niece, I've got loads of girl baby clothes I need to get rid of!"

"Deal!" Trinity laughed and kissed Ethan's cheek again. "You hear that, they want a girl. Although twins DO run in my family... and your's..." she winked at Aimee.
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Aimee Sandoval

Post by Aimee Sandoval »

Ethan smiled, and bowed to the crowd letting Trinity lead him off.

Amiee grinned at her little brother and pulled the strap of an electric guitar over her head. Looking at Olivia, "Since we are already on stage. Might as well send the natives to bed with something a little heavier. What'll it be?"

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

Olivia gave Aimee a wink. "Oh I think it's time we strut our stuff just a bit..." she motioned to 'Big Vin' and Jena to join them on stage. "Black Sheep. Metric... like we've been practicing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP6nYVOyFSk

Hello again, friend of a friend, I knew you when
Our common goal was waiting for the world to end
Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
You crack the whip, shape-shift and trick the past again
Send you my love on a wire
Lift you up, every time, everyone, ooh, pulls away, ooh
From you
Got balls of steel, got an automobile, for a minimum wage
Got real estate, I'm buying it all up in outer space
Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
You crack the whip, shape-shift and trick, the past again