"It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Ethan Talon

Re: "It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Post by Ethan Talon »

"I assume it's our very own pet admiral," Ethan teased Angel. "If not, I'm sure we can scrounge up another admiral or even a president or two."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Pet Admiral?" Cece said with a crossed arm stare into Ethan's eyes. "Not a really nice thing to call your mother in law." she patted his cheek. "Thought I trained you better. I may have to object to you marrying my former Yeoman." she gestured over her shoulder. "I did bring a certain Colonel."'

"Hey, it was one of the things I've wanted to cross off my bucket list for a while." Leo said with a smile as he walked over with a cane and a limp. "Not sure how much longer I've got, but... you're some of the last of the 'older' great-grandkids to get hitched."

"Besides, I can't perform the ceremony since i'm technically no longer in Command of a starship." Cece said as she handed Ethan a small box. " General Patton's stars from that museum on Earth that I raided before it was blown up. Was waiting for someone in the family to actually hit General."
Carly "Cece" Calhoun-Ryder
Nanny/Bodyguard/Tech Support

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Thank you, but I cannot except. This belongs in a museum. Somewhere, not squirreled away." He glanced around and then he smiled at Lana. "As best man I have a job for you. Talk to Trinity and see if she really didn't ask anyone to do the ceremony. If not... ask Nick Ryder. If for whatever reason he can't do it, ask one of the hundreds of admirals here." He glanced at Cece, "Admiral Ross married Ben Sisko, and Kassidy Yates."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Leo Ryder

Post by Leo Ryder »

"Kid, get the dust out of your ears, I said I'd do it. And keep the stars, they belong on a uniform and worn not sitting in some case. Patton had a lot of shit floating around, besides he had eight of those buggers on his uniform, two of them is nothing." Leo said with a smile and put his arm across Ethan's shoulder. "And son... my time is short, Cece can hold the book. I'm marryin' you two today. Tess thought it hilarious but I am actually an ordained minister. It's a goofy made up 'church' - the 'House of Muddy Boots' but it was intended so ground pounders like you can marry your sweethearts before you go off and do something incredibly heroic and may or may not come back. We're Catholic but the family priest is out and y'know I haven't had a chance to marry off any of the family yet."
Col. Leo Ryder
Civilian Security Services

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Okay good," he said more confidently than he felt. Suddenly he started to feel doubt that he didn't have earlier. "Lana," he said and handed her Trinity's ring. "I expect you know what to do."

Shrugging his shoulders he tugged on the jacket, and tucked the stars into a pocket just before walking into the hallway. "Okay let's do this."

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"Of course I do!" Lana said as she took the ring and held it tightly in her hand.

"So I take it Lana's the best man?" Leo teased.

"Grampa!" Lana said with a laugh.

"Y'know you're cute enough to be called whatever and it'll somehow be adorable." Leo said and winked at Ethan. "Daughters are strange and mysterious creatures but they is never a dull moment. I had a feeling ever since this one was born, she'd be a bundle of pep. Alright... let's make this happen."

"Cece, I wasn't kidding about holding the book." Leo said as he picked up his cane. "Promised Trinity years ago I would be there when she finally walked down the aisle. I keep my word. Ethan, after the ceremony and you're officially and legally a part of the family... got some stuff I want to go over with you." he glanced at Lana and then back to him. "Important stuff."
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Kalia Lei

Post by Kalia Lei »

Meanwhile --

Kalia and Trinity were laughing together as they were walking out of her bedroom. "Oh seriously Kalia... you need to totally do that."

"I was joking... but wait... you think I should?" Kalia raised an eyebrow.

"Of course! It's a great idea, you need to make a name for yourself. I think a new last name and a new career would entirely make your life a lot more enjoyable." Trinity said and patted her back. "Talk to me after the wedding." she gave Kalia a big hug and smiled. "Sorry about being such a jealous bitch and being all cold."

"You love Ethan, which I can entirely see... I'd much rather have you as a friend than a rival. Besides... I need to get away from the whole Lei, Ryder, Sandoval clan for a while, you notwithstanding. " Kalia said and closed her eyes and sighed heavily. "By the way... Kai did say that he wants you and Ethan to visit sometime. Unofficially of course."

"We'll keep it in mind, got a lot on our plate right now." Trinity said as she touched up her veil in a mirror. "But it'll happen."

"Of course. Glad you liked the sword, was one of the Lei family artifacts I kinda swiped when I left Earth, belongs in your collection. You're as much a Lei as I am. Of course, don't tell mother that I gave it to you. Was great-great-grandmother Miko Sasayaki's. Kinda where she got the codename 'Whisper' from, it's the translation of the last name in Japanese."

"Not many of the Sasyaki family left are there?" Trinity inquired.

"None they were mostly wiped out in the Tzenkethi War. At least those that didn't marry into the Lei family. Happens when the only three males left in the family go into war and the daughters marry into the Lei clan. Mother's father's family was not very pleased that he had a daughter as his first born. And a son that was disavowed as a double agent." Kalia said and glanced at the photos on the wall. "Grandfather is quite pleased that Kaikoa is trying to bring honor back to the family name before it is too late. Yet... I feel like the only way I will bring honor to it, is to forge a new path myself."

"Like I said Kalia Sasayaki has a nice ring to it." Trinity said as she handed her a tube of lipstick. "By the way, be a bridesmaid... you can stand with Captain Matau, Pete's one of the Maori Marines from mom's ship, the Kitea. Older than us, but he doesn't act like it."

Kalia glanced at the guys standing around and saw him in his Marine uniform. "How much older?"

"He's thirty six... looks older because the grey, apparently his family is like that. Grey at like seventeen." Trinity said with a slight wink. "Unless you can't handle a guy only a few years older than you."

"You setting me up?"

"Hardly... I know better than to do that, but still... at least he can dance and won't step on your prosthetic foot." Trinity said with a smirk.

"Alright... and Trinity... thank you." Kalia said and pinned the flower to her dress and headed off to join the rest of the wedding party.
General Kalia Lei
XO-82nd Volunteer Marine Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Still wondering what,"important stuff" meant Ethan found himself standing at the alter staring back at a sea of faces.

Lana was at his left, and he winked at her. "Thank you for the honor of being here for me," he said to Lana.

Next to Lana was David, and finally his old old First Seargent from the Imperium War, Diego Garza, who looked visibly uncomfortable standing around so many of the brass.

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

Trinity finally approached the hall they were holding the actual ceremony in, she had a slight flutter of nervousness. Not so much marrying Ethan, but that she'd forget something or she'd trip over the dress. She was more than a little surprised to see her great-grandfather Leo standing with Cece. Her mother walked next to her and gave her a squeeze on the shoulder.

"Glad you still fit in the dress... you lost weight." Angel whispered. "I hope you aren't working too hard."

"Just a bit less than usual... haven't quite gotten into the right swing of things between ranch work and the Marines." Trinity said and gave her a wink. "You look good for someone who was an icicle for a while."

"Thanks... I wish I could have called in Jack, but we wanted to keep as low a temporal profile as possible." Angel replied and glanced at those gathered. "Didn't want to come back and find you and Ethan somehow not together or not here at all."

"Oh it'll take a lot to make that happen." Trinity said as she took a deep breath. "Where you this nervous when you married dad?"

"More." Angel replied. "Remember, I was pregnant at the time. So sweetie... you ready?"

"Born ready." Trinity said and gave her a look. "And no mom, I'm not pregnant. Although tomorrow is 'the day'... so we shall see."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

A string orchestra started playing the bridal march, and the voices died and heads turned to the door. To his left he heard David signing so only the groom's...people could hear, "Here comes the bride, big fat and wide. Here comes the groom, skinny as a broom."

Ethan shot his cousin a dirty glance, that said under no uncertain terms to knock it off. The other man grinned, and continued singing this time in Klingon.

Ethan sighed and shook his head.

(((OOC I have internet for now. Don't know for how long)))
Last edited by Ethan Talon on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.