"It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Lana Ryder

Re: "It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Post by Lana Ryder »

"But Trinity isn't fat..." Lana whispered "She's almost smaller than I am."
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"If anything the opposite is true," Ethan muttered. "This is why you aren't the best man David."

The other man grinned, a toothy expression. "I serve at the pleasure of the general."

"I hope you like scut work. Because after this, that is your future. "
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

Lana giggled and smiled at Ethan. "Trinity did just get in that huge order of jeeps and ground vehicles that were stored away at Camp Marshall, under like twenty layers of dust. Marshall is like the dirtiest, dustiest depot apparently."

"Toothbrush clean." Leo said with a smirk. "That's what I used to do to my scut monkeys."

"So mean Great-grandpa!" Lana said with a big grin.
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Certain folk only learn from mean," Ethan said scowling at David, but there was a twinkle of amusement in his eyes.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Leo Ryder

Post by Leo Ryder »

"Alright let's get this show on the road." Leo said with a chuckle and nodded to Olivia who was sitting behind the organ and tapped his microphone. "Before we begin I wanted to say a few things... first, this is a wedding not an excuse to heckle the bride or groom. Second, please refrain from firing projectile weapons or beam weapons until after the ceremony and in the designated spot. Last thing any of us need is a shuttle or aircar crashing to the ground and ruining the day."

He whispered to Ethan, "That has seriously happened... more than once." he glanced at a couple of Marines sheepishly putting their sidearms back in their holsters. "Olivia... if you please..."

She began the wedding march as Trinity entered through the back and started her march down the aisle. Although she was so tempted to tell Jena and Vin to break into 'White Wedding' by Billy Idol, but refrained from that idea when she saw Leo shake his head 'nope'. Old man always knew when one of the girls was about to get into something naughty...
Col. Leo Ryder
Civilian Security Services

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"I'm sure booze preceded that too," he replied in a soft tone. He grinned making eye contact with Trinity, "On thing is certain. I am marrying up. I don't deserve her."

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"I don't know Ethan... you sell yourself short." Lana replied and smiled. "But she is especially gorgeous today. You entirely deserve her."

"Kid's right... about time the Sandovals and the Ryders finally match up. So it took our family a generation to make it happen. I'm sure your ma and Nick thought it'd be Aimee and one of Nick's kids, course... still can't rule it out." he whispered. "Not like Jena hasn't been in a multiple marriage at the same time, not entirely illegal. Course, who wants to try to please more than one person? I have a hard enough time with Tess and she's damn near the perfect woman. Ask any married guy here, we all married up. Ask any married woman... not sure if we want that answer, but Lana here... is right. You two, made for each other. Don't let anyone or anything sell that short."

"What he said." Lana whispered and watched as Trinity's father Nathan took his seat next to Angel.
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

Trinity couldn't take her eyes off Ethan, it wasn't often that he cleaned himself up and got dressed up but when he did, she was always impressed. A part of her still couldn't believe it was actually happening, she was actually in her dress, she was actually walking down an aisle with their friends and family, and more people than she originally thought she invited, but she didn't care, they actually showed up for this. Ever since he finally admitted he was in love with her, she anxiously waited for this day. Not because she wanted to 'claim' him as 'her's' but because they were always partners. Since they were children, they were together. He was her best friend. The only one she could really be herself with. Of course, he was also the only one that could drive her crazy and rile her up like no other man could, the only one she would actually get jealous over.

And yet in a little while, it would be official, Trinity Talon wouldn't just be a DBA on some business documents because of the inheritance but actually her name. She had no doubts that she would take his name, not hyphenated but actually his family's name. Even with his mother returned, she wanted to be a Talon.

"Hey handsome..." Trinity whispered to him as she got closer to the podium. "Love your choice in groomsmen... best cousins?"
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Well, Lana isn't technically family yet, and Diego isn't related to any of us. Are you Garza?"

The Hispanic Marine grinned, "No sir! But, there is enough family here I might be able make it happen." He theatrically leaned over to peer at the bridesmaids, and winked.

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Well I've got another single cousin..." Trinity said with a light chuckle.

"Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match..." Leo hummed to himself. "God, you are so channeling the Kellows, talkative bunch, good byes took three days." he said with a smirk as he glanced at Tess. "Alright..." he cleared his throat. "We're here today to join these two in the bonds of matrimony, Ethan Michael and Trinity Marie. I've been blessed to know these two as adults and as children. Not many great-grandparents can say that, unless you're a Vulcan of course. I've watched their parents and grandparents form lasting friendships and it's so abundantly clear that these two have that bond. A bond that once joined will never be broken. For those that don't know, the Ryder and Sandoval families have been close for decades. My son Nicholas and Ethan's mother Rebecca met as teenagers, as classmates. And to see the paths that lead to this day, it's a special thing. Through a rather dark future to now... a very bright future. Trinity, Ethan... if I have one wish for the two of you, it's that the future is as bright as you can make it. I won't promise you that it'll always be clear, there won't be clouds, there won't be storms and darkness won't come now and again, but there is a light inside you both that shines brighter than any of that. You found your way back to each other once. That, to me, tells me that your story is not over nor will it be over for a very very long time." he held both their hands. "So... any special words you want to say to each other before we go from the book? Everyone is on your time now... so take as much of it as you can. Because no one is getting a single scrap of food that's in that barn until the kiss!"

"Well then in that case..." Trinity teased and kept her veil down. "You want to go first Ethan?"
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division