"It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Ethan Talon

Re: "It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan held both of Trinity's hands in his, "Trinity, I am not a man of many words. Everyone here knows I'm a man of action. I'm a hammer and I see all problems as nails. But, you make me want to be a better man. A better lover. A better rancher, and steward to the land. Beside you I feel invulnerable, and when you are gone meek and timid as a lamb. I will wake up each and every morning being happy you are there next to me, and that I will endeavour to be worthy of your love."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Ethan... I will always be at your side to encourage you, just as you encourage me. It isn't always easy to wake up and do chores and lead a crew. When I lost you and I started this ranch, I had no clue how to do this. Yet I did this because I knew it would make me stronger. It would make me a better person. I have never wanted anyone else at my side. Even when we fight and bicker, it's because we know we love each other. That we'll get past it. That the two of us will go the distance." Trinity looked into his eyes. "Although I am not calling you 'sir'." she teased.
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"You better not! I need an equal and partner," he said with a grin. He gave Leo a side wise glance, that was as clear as if he had spoken it aloud, "Okay old man. Stop gawking and let's get on with this."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Leo Ryder

Post by Leo Ryder »

Leo cleared his throat and looked at Ethan. "So... Ethan Michael Talon... do you take this woman, Trinity Marie Morris to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and health, in good times and bad, in peace and war, for richer or poorer, for as long as you both shall live or until the Galaxy goes entirely cold and dark?" he smirked slightly at the last part. "I feel like in this family 'till death do you part' doesn't quite apply since so many of you manage to come back."
Col. Leo Ryder
Civilian Security Services

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

He started to object to that gross over characterization, then realized that he was probably right. Of course his "death" wasn't anything weird. He was just lucky that the bomb hadn't landed any closer, and an Imperium officer saw that he would make a valuable prisoner.

"I do, wholeheartedly I do."

Leo Ryder

Post by Leo Ryder »

"And do you Trinity Marie take this man Ethan Michael to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and health, in good times and bad, in peace and war, for richer or poorer, for as long as you both shall live, or until the Galaxy goes entirely cold and dark?"

"I do, I completely do." Trinity said with a huge grin.

"Rings please?" Leo said as he turned to Lana who held them in her hand. "This rings are an unbroken symbol of your love and the union we're creating today. Complete, unbroken. In the olden times, rings were a sign of power, of position. These represent that you are each one part of an incredible whole. Ethan, Trinity... as you slip these rings on each other's fingers, I want you to repeat after me. With this ring, I do thee wed."

Nick smiled as he watched his father's expression and the two caught each other's expressions. Leo had wanted to do the wedding ceremony for someone in the family for years, but either they eloped, had gotten married on a ship, or another member, Nicholas and lately Cece had been the go-to for performing weddings. He glanced at Tess and thought back to the day when he put the ring on her finger, he was so nervous he put it on the wrong finger at first. Then he thought back to their vow renewal after years of separation. He was older, wiser, but still nervous. He could see that Ethan was both thrilled and yet had those same nerves that he tried very hard to keep in check. Ever glance at Trinity, he could see him still shocked that this day had come. His hand felt the small pack on his hip that kept his internal organs working and the micro electronics in the bionics in his hip and spine functioning. His time was short, but he would be able to die happy knowing that he married off his great-granddaughter and his son's best friend's son. Finally the two families were unified.

"Goes on the ring finger..." Leo said to Trinity as she saw her moving toward his middle finger.

"Oh yeah..." Trinity blushed. "Nervous."

"I know how it is." Leo whispered.
Col. Leo Ryder
Civilian Security Services

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan chuckled and flexed his fingers trying to get used to the unfamiliar fell of the rings. He then took the last ring from Lana's outstretched hand, and mused absently that it would have been weird to have little Trinity, and Young Ethan as the flower girl, and ring bearer. Yeah, way too weird, he told himself.

"With this ring I do the wed," he said aloud.

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

Trinity looked him in the eyes and smiled. "With this ring I do thee wed."

"Then by the power invested in me, by the Terra Alpha Alliance and the House of Muddy Boots, I now pronounce you husband and wife... Trinity, give your husband a kiss he will never forget." Leo said with a wink.

"Oh he won't forget this anytime soon..." Trinity said as she stood on her toes, thankful that she wore some heels with a bit more platform to give her the height she needed to not look entirely silly when she kissed Ethan. The two of them held it for a solid minute and a half before breaking it off.

"Mister and Missus Ethan and Trinity Talon!" Leo announced.

"Can I get an Ooh Rah?!" Vin said as he addressed the Marines.
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Bullshit! I can't hear you? No wonder your girlfriends and boyfriends are cheating on you! Worthless peices of maggot pie! You don't belong in my beloved Corps!" Garza shouted.

"Ooorah Sergeant Major!" The Marines shouted loud enough to shake the rafters.

Ethan shook his head at Garza who had a grin on his face. "Pretty sure you didn't need to channel Gunnery Sergeant Hartman."

"I was a DI for the last few years," Garza defended. "Hell I recognize half those faces. Besides it's not often I get the chew out officers."

Ethan laughed.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

Angel approached the newly married couple and put her arms around them both. "You have no ideas how happy this makes me." she kissed Ethan and Trinity on their cheeks. Turning around she smiled broadly. "On behalf of the Ryder and Morris family I want to invite everyone to join us in about... half hour... hour... in the barn for the reception. There are cocktails and finger snacks... we've also got the New Zealand's saucer set up just above the cloud line if anyone needs to change or freshen up." she nudged Trinity. "We've got a ton of pictures to take."

"Yay." Trinity deadpanned. "Let me guess, the whole Flag officer board?"

"Oh just a few important ones. Mattis for one, keep in his good graces..." Angel whispered. "And the rest of the family want their own with you two, Jack and Kinsey will go last since well... they're already... freshening up." she winced slightly. "Weddings always seem to do it for those two. Ever since they were dating. Anyhoo... we hurry, the more time you two will have together and then... you two can disappear around 10 or so... we can keep the party going all night."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."