"It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Ethan Talon

Re: "It Ain't Nut'n. Just a little 'I do'."

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Okay," Ethan said not entirely sure he wanted what was required of him. Turning to Leo he extended a hand, "Thank you sir. It was an honor."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Leo Ryder

Post by Leo Ryder »

"And I'm honored you let me do it." Leo said with a firm handshake in return. "Trinity was the last marrying age kid left. Well, other than Cece, but she's told me she isn't getting married anytime soon. At least not officially, whatever that means." he chuckled as he saw the lipstick on Ethan's cheek and handed him a handkerchief. "Got a little on your cheek son... keep it you'll probably need it. Tess teases me all the time about keeping 'snot rags' on me, always come in handy for some use or another."
Col. Leo Ryder
Civilian Security Services

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan laughed and handed it back, "My dad taught me a lot of things on how to be a gentleman. Look a man in the eye when you're shaking hands. Hold a door open for a lady." He reached into his pocket and pulled out his own handkerchief, "You never know when you will need this." He absently dabbed at the lipstick smudge and playfully elbowed Trinity in the ribs as mock admonishment.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Hey!" Trinity nudged him back and laughed. "My lipstick is budge proof... sure as hell not getting it on my dress or on your suit." she wiggled her eyebrows. "Got a few things I want to do to you Mr. Talon..."

"Pictures first... hanky panky later." Tess said as she approached them. "Welcome to the family Ethan. Officially. So Trinity... Ethan... as a wedding present, I've been thinking of opening a clinic for the ranchers. I'd like to do it around here, I'll pay for the construction and staffing and supplies. Full maternity suite. You're not having my future great-grandchildren in a barn."

"You and mom are the fifth people today to talk about children..." Trinity said with a smirk. "I'm not pregnant yet... really! Just put on a few pounds... I actually eat more than once a day now. Our cook is too good at her job."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"And most of the time Mrs. Ackers doesn't give you the choice. 'Come and sit down dear. You can't be working on an empty stomach,'" Ethan quoted.

Tess Ryder

Post by Tess Ryder »

"Ackers? I think she worked in one of my clinics in the kitchen... " Tess chuckled lightly and patted her stomach. "Its one reason why I have not been able to quite get down to my 'fighting weight' as it were. And having another child at my age recently. Tasha's baby weight is taking longer than I expected to come off. Of course I AM in my 90s... rejuvenated body or no, only so much it can bounce back from." she gave Ethan a wink. "Still dears... I'm giving you a proper clinic here."
Rear Admiral Tess Ryder-Kellow
Director of Terra Alpha Naval Medical Hospital

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Well, we need one. The Doc in Reilly City is over a hundred, near sighted, and I'm pretty sure suffering from early onset dementia," Ethan said. "You are better off going to the vet. At least Doc Chambers has a few more things than a sixty year-old tricorder."

Tess Ryder

Post by Tess Ryder »

"And you'll see me and Tasha around more... trying to get the little girl used to open air, not just playing in the daycare's playground." Tess said with a smile. "Plus it gets me out of the hospital for a little longer... trying to break in some of our newer head nurses and doctors, too easy for them to call me down to help when something get's hairy." she put her hand on Leo's shoulder. "Might help him with officiating more weddings, could be fun. I like making floral arrangements."
Rear Admiral Tess Ryder-Kellow
Director of Terra Alpha Naval Medical Hospital

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"I look forward to it," Ethan said.

The reception later found Ethan standing around the stock tank filled to the brim with ice and beers. Ethan, beer in hand, was in the middle of a group of cowboys. There was a live band playing music in the background.

"Stock prices are down because of all of us are producing," Ethan stated. "They should stabilize. I told you Bill, you needed to start growing your own hay. Buying hay from us to get you through the winter cuts into your profits."

Bill nodded, his gray cowboy hat dipping up and down in agreement. "I know, but when we were selling them at 800 credits a head I could increase my herd size and make up for the loss."

"What is the latest price?" Another cowboy said wearing a black Stetson.

"I didn't check them today," Ethan said. "Last time I saw it was 350."

"That's a bit up," Bill said a little happier than he was a moment before.

"Yeah, the Marines are buying up a lot of beef," Ethan said. "At my urging I might add."

"War?" Black hat asked.

"It's certainly looking like a possibility. I got 2nd Batallion, 69th on a mission with the Jase'dasis as we speak. I hope it doesn't come to it through."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Gentlemen..." Angel said as she approached the guys and fished a cold beer out of the tank and popped it open and took a long swig. "Don't drink the red wine... give it to Ackers for making dressing or cooking." she cleared her throat and raised a finger. "We're just preparing but I've been doing what I can to make sure the Defense department pays going rate plus 5%, which is better than the market plus 2% they wanted to do. Hell, my clothing factory is back in production for uniforms, found it's actually more efficient to have tailored uniforms than having replicated. Last longer. And the textiles we get from the ranchers that do various wool and the leather keeps a lot more people employed."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."