Plans in Motion

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Kinsey Calhoun

Plans in Motion

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey paced in front of her desk lost in thought. A day or two, maybe more, had passed since Dominus took Jack. At some point Kinsey had lost track of time between sleepless nights and pacing. She'd been focus in the moments after Jack disappeared the data on Pythus and been dissected and then handed off Clint for further analysis. It wasn't until Zeke and Keira slipped away in the middle of the night with Mackenzie, Jason, and Carly that she really began to feel the loss.

For hours after the kids left she sat focusing on Jack and trying to sense him through their bond. She'd felt him before when he was in trouble on Terra Alpha and she was on Xenex. Now wherever he was she couldn't feel him and that part of her mind that always jumped to the most extreme began to wonder if he was dead already. The rational part of her knew he was being held somewhere that shielded him from her. It was going to make it harder to find him once they reached Pythus.

Her eyes drifted to the small dose of hashish sitting on the edge of her desk. It was a drug native to Xenex that increased the heart rate of whoever took it. There was also a chance it could increase her abilities maybe enough to break through whatever was blocking her from Jack. There was also the chance given the amount of power she exhibited on Thessia it could kill her, a state that wouldn't help Jack in the least.

"Grozit," Kinsey cursed softly and went back to pacing. She had to figure out a way to rescue Jack that didn't involve endangering anymore of their family and that would be the least likely to alert Dominus.

"Hill," Kinsey yelled. "Get Khan here now!"

Daisy Hill

Re: Plans in Motion

Post by Daisy Hill »

"Right away Kinsey." Daisy said as she tapped her communicator and summoned Noonian Singh to the office. He arrived within moments, apparently he had been in the Compound already with Natalia and Nicholas. Although she did suspect more with his wife than his brother in law by the scent of the perfume that Natalia always wore during the day clinging to him, it mixed well with his cologne, which she suspected was intentional than accidental. There was nothing accidental with the man formerly known as Khan Singh.

"Ah, Agent Hill... how is she?" Noonian inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"She's... going nuts." Daisy whispered and handed him a freshly brewed pot of her favorite tea. "Life insurance."

He chuckled lightly and realized that she wasn't joking as he saw the frenzied woman pacing back and forth.

"You summoned me?" he said as he held up the pot of tea. "I brought tea."
Agent Daisy Hill
Attache to Kinsey Calhoun

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"What? Oh yeah have a seat." Kinsey said motioning to the couch. "Noonian I"m going to be straight with you. I really need Khan right now."

Khan Noonian Singh

Post by Khan Noonian Singh »

"Oh? You need the bastard more than the scientist?" He said with a raised eyebrow as he waved off the couch and poured two cups of tea, before taking a seat. "It's amusing how so many people fear that Khan... until they need that bit of Augment ruthlessness." he smiled at her. "I'll be happy to help in whatever way you require. So what did you have in mind?"
Noonian "Khan" Singh
AlphaTek Industries - BioMedical Sciences
Husband of Natalia Ryder - Former "Despot"

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey took the second cup and joined him on the couch.

"I never feared you." Kinsey said honestly as she took a sip of the tea. She savored it for a moment, Daisy must have pulled from her more pricey stash. "I want a small extraction team and I want to keep as many of our friends out of it as I can including your daughter. She and Clint have always been my go to but with Dominus...You're the only other person who has come from that reality and I can't trust K'n'zy's memories, they're not objective. I've worked out how we would slip away but once we get to Pythus I'm not sure. I put to much faith in being able to sense Jack and now there's something blocking me. Will it be that way once we're there I don't know. I can't trust it to be. I need a plan C."

A'mira Stormborn

Post by A'mira Stormborn »

"Then you'll need me too," the Narlin spymaster announced. A'mira approached and handed her PADD, "Our latest intell on Dominus..." She shrugged, "All of our intell. He's got a station that he uses for political prisoners, and general torture, calls it Hel. I know cliche', but that's Dominus for you. He probably thinks it's some giant joke. The only problem is that we don't have a clue where it is, or if it even exists. We have been scouring the old Pythus sector since you people re-discoverd it. It..." she sighed, "It's nearly impossible to map. The whole damn thing keeps changing. Rifts open, rifts close. They swallow entire star systems, only to return them seconds, hours, or even years later."
Agent A'mira Stormborn
Narlin Intelligence Division Liaison to
Alpha Section Intelligence

Khan Noonian Singh

"Yeah, Nicholas was telling me all his war stories from that sector." Noonian said with a nod of his head. "Could also explain why the Ryder family that spent time in Pythus are so youthful." he hummed. "Well, Lyashev is one of our's and she's one of your's. Could send her. Nicholas is going, regardless of everyone calling him insane."
Noonian "Khan" Singh

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Thank you A’mira.” Kinsey said as she handed the pad the Khan. “I don’t want Nick anywhere near Dominus. We’ll leave in the middle of the night and I’ll involve Alice is I have to. She won’t want him to go more then I do.”

Khan Noonian Singh

"He will be quite pissed." Noonian said as he reached into his pocket and handed her a padd. "Here are his plans, might try to adapt them. Your son and daughter in law are parking their ship just outside the sector to act as a relay. Vice Admiral Rigan has offered the old Tigris for the mission, given that it still has the astrometric data from it's tour in Pythus, it could be useful and it's recognizable. Tigris-A is launching next week, original Tigris is well over 90 years old given how many times it was caught up in chronometric bullshit."

"This Lyashev, I've worked with her, briefly. Not quite your daughter but close enough." Daisy said and nodded her head. "Ma'am, I'm coming with you, you'll need the back up."

"You do realize that Nicholas is not going to take being left in the lurch without a ship lightly. Alice will have to find something to keep him occupied with here." he closed his eyes and shook his head. "I could... have some of my people cause some trouble that he has to stop. One thing about being married to his sister, I am starting to find out all kinds of things. OR..." he snapped his fingers. "His secure storage facility. He's got some extremely dangerous technology stored there, perhaps... someone steals it. He won't trust security to recover it. I know a few... rogue operators, that I only let know me by way of a scrambled voice box and image, they're criminals and I would hate to lose their resources but... this may be worth letting him track and take them down."
Noonian "Khan" Singh

A'mira Stormborn

Post by A'mira Stormborn »

"And you want criminals to have this secret 'extremely dangerous technology'? Are you mad?" The diminutive Narlin exclaimed looking up at Khan. "I could send in a specialized team to steal, trash or whatever, and secure the 'stolen' technology here or on Talaria."
Agent A'mira Stormborn
Narlin Intelligence Division Liaison to
Alpha Section Intelligence