A Fool's Errand

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
A'mira Stormborn

Re: A Fool's Errand

Post by A'mira Stormborn »

"It isn't too comfortable," she admitted with a laugh. "That's why I'm not wearing any, but it will stop a phaser or disruptor blast, and even knives and swords. And, oddly enough the armor does come off."
Agent A'mira Stormborn
Narlin Intelligence Division Liaison to
Alpha Section Intelligence

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well that's good, if you need to move in a hurry that much gear could slow you down." Nick said and smiled. "I'll trust your people can find their way to some quarters and prep space on the ship. I've got most of it automated, so we don't need too many to keep the ship's systems operating, at least until we get into some fire fights and I may need more hands to lock things down, but the AI system is on it's own power supply and computer, we can be entirely dead and the holographic system will still function." he brought up a holographic map of the ship in midair. "Tigris may be old, but she's been shielded and designed to navigate Pythus and it's oddities, been that way since Angel here was a little girl, barely knee high. One of the only remaining ships that we modified that are still space worthy. We have four shuttles and six small one man fighters on board, those too have been given similar tech, so if reality and space change around you, you'll be protected."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

A'mira Stormborn

Post by A'mira Stormborn »

A'mira handed Nick a small silver disk, "They'll stay on the ship or shuttle, and will come if we need them. This will cut through any interference, and provide them our exact coordinates."

Rebecca had approached the priestess. They pressed their left hands together, and touched foreheads in a traditional Narlin greeting. "Hello my friend."

The taller alien smiled, "Narla has seen it fit to bless me."

"Master Ja'larin will be pleased to see you," Rebecca said. "Nicholas this is Quera Nightwalker. The only Narlin to attend the Jase'dasis Academy."

"And the first to quit before the trials in nearly a century," Quera added. She approached Nick and placed a hand over his heart and closed her eyes, "Jack is alive for now. His future is uncertain though, but he isn't alone. Two women. One from his past, and another his future. Lover...? No. I don't think so, but she will be important to him."
Agent A'mira Stormborn
Narlin Intelligence Division Liaison to
Alpha Section Intelligence

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well don't talk about other women around Kinsey. Not that Jack would ever cheat." Nick said. "But that's good confirmation to know that he's still alive. Dominus hated his version of my son. I hated him too but because he was a brutal asshole. Dominus hated him because he wasn't ENOUGH of a brutal asshole for him. Go figure." he shook his head and put his hands on his hips. "Once Kinsey and her team is aboard, we'll get under way. Jack's pod is in the cargo bay, but... only he can get inside and actually activate it. Probably afraid his old man will use it and screw up the timeline."

"No... not quite that." a holographic figure said as he materialized. "Just that you do not possess the same El-Aurian variant DNA as him and it won't work for you. Although a case could be made for Kinsey or his children." a vaguely Jack looking hologram said. "I apologize, I am JR, a sort of... holographic avatar of Jack from the future well a past future. In any case... I'm here to watch over Kinsey and verify that that Jackson Ryder we rescue is actually YOUR Jackson Ryder."

"What do you mean by that?" Nick said with a confused expression.

"Dominus has access to cloning facilities. Why would he risk the real deal, one with a considerably vast knowledge that he can exploit, when he can simply 'leave out' a Jack that looks like the real thing but isn't." JR replied. "Again... theoretical but Jack himself set this protocol up."

"Told you genius paranoia runs in the family." Nick said to Becca with a shrug of the shoulders. "Remember though, Jack isn't the only objective, we get an opening to take Dominus out of play, we take it. And we try to re-establish control of Pythus. New UFP can handle it long term but short term, this is unfinished business."

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“My teams on board and we need to talk.” Kinsey said as she strolled into the lounge. The sight of Jack standing there brought her to a stop her eyes wide. “Jack?”

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"JR." Nick replied. "That AI from the future."

"Sorry about the shock Kinsey." JR said with a slight nod of his head. "Jack made sure I was activated to verify it was really him we bring back." he replied.

"Son or not, Jack's what we referred to as a 'super scientist' in the old days, Alice fits that bill as well." Nick said and approached Kinsey. "We're getting him back, he's still alive."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I still have a bad feeling about this," Rebecca said.

Ja'larin Yamour

Post by Ja'larin Yamour »

"That's because it's a bad idea my young apprentice," Ja'larin announced. The Jase'dasis master approached with several Marine in tow. "But, we'll manage. I just hope the cost isn't too high."

"You're late master," Rebecca said.

"Nonsense. A Jase always arrives precisely as intended," she winked before continuing, "I had to get General Talon on his honeymoon to authorize the use of the militia. Figure activating them would arose less suspicion if Dominus had spies. May I introduce Major Seamus Toole, 2nd Batallion, 69th Volunteers."

The Major stepped forward and shook Rebecca's and then Nick's. "Known informally as the 'Irish Brigade'."

"You're all Irish?" Rebecca asked.

"Aye that we are lass. My company commanders," he gestured to the three men and one woman behind him, "Captain Sean O'Hara: Alpha Company, Captain Lindsey O'Malley: Bravo Company, Captain Danny Connolly: Delta Company, and Lieutenant Gregory Donovan."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"J'Larin..." Nick whispered. "No more Lord of the Rings Trilogy..." he rolled his eyes and looked at the Marines. "Donovan?" he raised an eyebrow. "Any relation to Kat?"

Ja'larin Yamour

Post by Ja'larin Yamour »

"Aye, sir. She would be me dah's sister. Colonel Donovan was my aunt," he replied.

"Kat never mentioned she had a brother," Rebecca stated.

"An' she bloody wouldn't either Admiral ma'am. The two 'ad a fallin' out long a'go. Much to me grandsire's dismay."

"So, how did you find yourself with the Irish?"

Greg smiled, "I may 'ave grown up in Inverness, but me grandsire was an Irishman through an' through."