A Fool's Errand

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Rebecca Talon

Re: A Fool's Errand

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Well for the record, it's Aimee, not Ethan. So, it's when a girl gets drunk, has a one night stand, and gets knocked up with twins. The girl makes a mother proud." She shrugged, "Oh well, not my life. Secondly I have only lost two ships. The first one, well you got me on that one. But, the Erebus, that one was out of my control. How was I supposed to know Aimee would ram me with her ship? It's not like the Big E could dodge."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Yeah well that's the problem with through deck carriers, can't just whip yourselves around." Nick agreed. "That's why Indy didn't have one."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Yeah, welll the plan was to keep it far enough away that dodging wasn't necessary. " She shrugged, "Is what it is. Speaking of the Erebus. I visited Kat this morning. Who ever picked out that grave did a good job. She would have like that."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Oh I'm sure Aimee or Olivia had a hand in it." Angel replied. "We... made sure she was buried with military honors. She saved my niece. That means something."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca sighed, "I... well I am just glad she came back. Raven wasn't her. Not the real her." She made a sad laugh, "Remember that time she was flirting with you right in front of Julie just to piss her off?" Grinning, she glanced at Angel. "That was when you first put on your uniform."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"I remember that. That was hilarious and mom turned three different shades of red that day." Angel said with a laugh. "I'll give dad one thing, he was loyal even when they were fighting."

"Hey, I'm not Tony, I don't flirt all the time. Course when I'm single, I'm not that way for long. Although Alice is my last. Given her DNA and mine are so similar, only way it ends is with a funeral and even then... I don't think I would marry again. Last time I had a dead wife, she came back. Three times." Nick raised an eyebrow. "So even putting a body in the ground isn't going to work." he gave Becca a look. "Death really doesn't scare me anymore. By the way, Angel, Becca... you two ever keep something as epic as what happened from me again..." he chuckled. "I'll probably do nothing."

"I'd still like to know who told her all that, but I'll admit... I wanted to spill the beans sooo often, but I was a good girl for the most part. You both taught me well enough in time travel instances. Little did I know WHY Becca taught me so much about that until that day. Gotta love paradoxes." Angel said and sighed. "I just hope we get to Jack in time. Kinsey would go utterly insane without him. They're a matched set now. And I can't lose another brother. I'm sure he's probably shaking his fist at us like 'you better save his ass'"
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Becky entered the lounge, and bustled over to Angel, "There you are Admiral. I was ordered to inform you that the Narlin Intellegence delegation has arrived."

"Whoah," Rebecca muttered looking at Becky.

"Whoah is right," her younger counterpart said.

"I thought time travel gave me a headache, " both of them said at the same time.

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick nudged Becca and chuckled. "You didn't change that much did you?" he said with a wink. "And not just time travel Commander, time and space. So now you know why I shudder and twitch when someone used to mention Pythus Sector... weird ass sector of space huh?"

A'mira Stormborn

Post by A'mira Stormborn »

"Seeing yourself is..." Rebecca started.

"Weird," Becky finished. "If you'll excuse me ma'am." Becky turned smartly and left the lounge with Rebecca frowning behind her.

"I don't remember being so... perky."

Suddenly the doors parted again, and six Narlins entered. They were lead by a small Narlin in leather pants and jerkin belted at the waist with a dagger hanging on the hip.

She was followed by four fully armored soldiers. Their conical helmets and pauldrens, with crimson capes hanging from them. Their curved swords were in there scabbards on their hips, and they carried phaser rifles over their shoulders. It a contrasted with the modern decor of the ship, and Rebecca had to force herself not to laugh.

The last Narlin was a tall lithe woman with pale human like skin. The same color as tanned porcelain. Her white hair cascaded over her shoulders and down her back to the back of her legs just above the knee. She wore a loose white robe over a leather and ablative armor brigandine. She carried a menacing looking staff, a canvas bag over her shoulder, and a phaser pistol on her hip. A Priestess of the Moon.

The leader approached and bowed, "Mr. President. I am Agent A'mira Stormborn of Intelligence."
Last edited by A'mira Stormborn on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent A'mira Stormborn
Narlin Intelligence Division Liaison to
Alpha Section Intelligence

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick whispered to Becca. "You were perky when you were younger. I remember it well. We both were perkier and we were thirty years younger." he smiled as he approached the Narlin and returned the bow with a nod of his head. "Agent. Leave it to the Narlins to make an entrance. Okay, can you explain why all that armor is comfortable for a stealth mission? Still looks great. I wanted to thank you for joining us on this operation. Now for the duration of this mission, just refer to me as the Commander."