Out of the Blue... Into the Black

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Re: Out of the Blue... Into the Black

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I'm sure He's like 'why are there now like ten of this one person? I created one." Nick chuckled lightly. "I wish I had spent more time researching the rifts in Pythus years ago, was not expecting them to rip across the galaxy like they did and really throw things into disarray. There's still a deck on Starbase Byron that's like half in our reality and half in another." he shook his head. "Alternate Byron is just as weird as our's." he looked at Becca and smiled. "We're going to make it through this, it won't be easy, but we'll manage. This is a rescue op, we find Jack, get whoever else we find and get home while at least making things more difficult for Dominus. At least we'll have an idea of what we're facing if we bring a larger team or a Fleet here."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"That may be true," she said giving a white gravy-like substance that had peices of fish, a very suspicious look. "Why I chose a sample of this... whatever it is?" She took a careful bite, and immediately spat it into a napkin. "Yeah, no! It might take a whole cask of wine to wash down that taste. God, that is awful! Anyway, that might be true, but the two of us seem to always operate in the extremes. It either goes exceptionally well, or horribly. I am betting the later."

A'mira Stormborn

Post by A'mira Stormborn »

The short Narlin that she met before appeared carrying a plate. In Narlin standards she had dwarfism, but she still stood taller than many of the humans.

"May I?" She asked indicating an empty chair.

Rebecca shrugged, "By all means. Oh, don't eat that white stuff," Rebecca cautioned.

A'mira raised an eyebrow, "I take it that it's bad? I was told it was an a traditional Scandanavian dish."

Rebecca shrugged, and the other woman continued, "I have taken the liberty of briefing my agents, and your Marines on everything we know about the region. They're ready. I just spoke to the bridge. I guess we're getting close."
Agent A'mira Stormborn
Narlin Intelligence Division Liaison to
Alpha Section Intelligence

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick poked a fork into the white fish dish and cocked his head slightly. "Fish is a bit on the fishy side, I think they left the skin on." he took a few swigs of his coffee and rolled it around his mouth to get the taste out. "Yeah, not good..." he cleared his throat. "Close but not there yet." he commented and tapped the frame of his glasses. "I've got our position linked to the HUD in my glasses. Agent, can I ask you something... you can be entirely honest with me, it's just 'us' here." he folded his hands on the table. "What do you think our chances of this going badly are? My best friend thinks either it will go exceptionally well or exceptionally bad in either extreme. Of course I've always been the more optimistic of the two of us."

A'mira Stormborn

Post by A'mira Stormborn »

"Everything I know about Dominus would make me believe he'll make this as difficult as possible," A'mira replied. "Well, your food is weird, but your wine is excellent. Not as good as our thousand year old vintages, but you could export this to Talaria."
Agent A'mira Stormborn
Narlin Intelligence Division Liaison to
Alpha Section Intelligence

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"We'll have to do that." Nick said with a chuckle. "If there's one thing Terrans are good at, it's making tasty things to drink." he shook his head. "I have two main goals, get my son and throw a wrench into Dominus' plans, so we have a bit more time to build up before we're facing his forces. Once Kinsey and Noonian leave, we'll deploy cloaked drones to start mapping the area."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca frowned, "I'm almost tired of waiting. I just want to get this over with."