Out of the Blue... Into the Black

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Out of the Blue... Into the Black

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"I'm not sure." Kinsey whispered back. "I told her what Jack wanted and Nick seemed to back the sentiment but I'm not sure."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

<Meanwhile>

"Nicholas, do you know where Dominus is?" Rebecca demanded with a raised eyebrow. "Yes, we need those two to be themselves. That's why you wanted them here in the first place. And just because it's dangerous, does not mean it's suicidal. I don't plan on dying anymore than you do. But, we need someone high value enough for Dominus to want captured and not just killed. Does Kahn, and Kinsey fit that bill? If so more power to them, and they have my blessing."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Kinsey is high value enough to Dominus, given that he had some very... bad feelings toward K'n'zy." Nick replied and looked out the window. "I have no idea where Dominus is, other than he'd take the best defended station in the sector. Which would be Python. But SBP changes positions so often, but clearly people know how to get there." he looked at her. "And Kinsey and Khan need to get their dark sides out for a bit, otherwise... they're going to do something dangerous and we may not be able to pull them back. Buried her once. And I am not having my sister cry on my shoulder because something happened to the father of her child."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Okay then," she said. "Let's give one of them a kliden too in their transporter buffer." She handed two of the disks to Nick. "It's a Narlin Intelligence design. It won't be picked up by any security scan, only a thorough medical scan, which I doubt Dominus will perform. As for you and I. I think we should prepare to engage in overwhelming force."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"That IS why I took the Tigris and not some other ship, we won a lot of battles with this bird." Nick said and patted the walls. "We should run battle drills, get the others up to speed and dust off the cobwebs."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Sounds good," she said with a grim smile. "In the meantime there's a bit of a party going in in the Officer's Lounge. Lots of beer, Irish whiskey, and a heap of food. You want to come?"

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Yeah, always like sharing a meal with people I may be sending into harm's way." Nick replied as he got up and sighed. "Doesn't get easier but it's still a good feeling that people still follow us. I really do not intend on being away from home for a long time fighting battles like the old days. I have a young son I want to be there for, kind of my last shot at raising a son that doesn't resent his parents for not being there. Jack resented Julie and I for always being on missions, kind of why he pretty much took the first chance he got to travel without us. Why he's got that English accent, although... that IS entirely from his mother's side of the family. Never really knew that until he was grown. And Marcus... Marcus is probably my biggest failing. Not going to screw up Gale like Marcus. Angel and Liv... they were strong from the get-go. I feel like I may have favored Angelica and Julie favored Olivia over Marcus, it's not like I ignored him but who was the kid I usually took with me? Angel. Marcus would tag along with one of us, but I fear he got the middle child syndrome."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Acoustic music greeted them as they stepped off the turbolift with the smoky scents of roasted meats. Rebecca smirked, "This is shaping up to be my type of party. Are they singing Danny Boy?"

They entered the officer's lounge and she paused to look around. Even the Narlins were relaxing in their leather tunics, and pants. Their bulky armor long discarded. Their long hair flowing loosely over their shoulders, as they examined and tentatively tried the alien human food.

Several of the 69th were playing instruments. There were the expected violins, drums, and guitars, but there was a strange instrument. It looked much like a bagpipe, but instead of the musician blowing into it he was pumping a bellow at his side. The singer, with 2nd Lieutenant bars on his collar sung beautifully over the dull roar of happy voices.
"But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow;
It's I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow;
Oh, Danny Boy, oh, Danny Boy, I love you so."
The far wall was piled high with foods of every conceivable option. Corn on the cob, smoked brisket and ribs, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, various Polish sausages, sauerkraut, pierogies, sushi, rice, and several Chinese and Japanese dishes.

Rebecca's stomach rumbled, "I just hope this isn't a last meal."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Hardly, we ARE all going back home and we'll have another feast when we get back." Nick said as he picked up a plate and started filling it up. "Alice and I don't usually have this kind of barbecue... when you're pyrokinetic, it's kinda hard to gauge a good fire." he winced. "Or need I remind you of that birthday party we had for the girls and you had to go out for chicken and pizza carry out because I just turned everything into a briquette."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

She smirked, "I already had it ordered. I anticipated the need the minute you said you were cooking." She loaded up her plate with a sampling of everything. Looking down she eyed her selections dubiously. "Suddenly, I'm not so sure this all will go together."

The Irish band started playing a lively jig to joyous shouts of their fellows who lacked sufficient musical talent to entertain.
My name is Tim McDonald, I'm a native of the Isle, I was born among old Erin's bogs when I was but a child. My father fought in " 'Seventy-four," for liberty so dear; He fell at Chin'toka like an Irish volunteer.

Then raise the harp of Erin, boys, the flag we all revere We'll fight and fall beneath its folds, like Irish volunteers! Then raise the harp of Erin, boys, the flag we all revere. We'll fight and fall beneath its folds, like Irish volunteers!

When I was driven form my home by an oppressor's hand, I cut my sticks and greased my brogues, and came o'er to this land. I found a home an many friends, and some that I love dear; Be jabbers! I'll stick to them like bricks and an Irish volunteer.

Then fill your glasses up, me boys, and drink a hearty cheer, To the land of our adoption and the Irish volunteer! Then fill your glasses up, me boys, and drink a hearty cheer, To the land of our adoption and the Irish volunteer!

Now when the evil Imperium commenced a warlike raid, I quickly then laid down my hod, to the devil went my spade! To a recruiting-office then I went, that happened to be near, And joined the good old "Sixty-ninth," like and Irish volunteer.

Then fill the ranks and march away!--no traitors do we fear; We'll drive them all to blazes, says the Irish volunteer. Then fill the ranks and march away!--no traitors do we fear; We'll drive them all to blazes, says the Irish volunteer!

When the Queen of Evil came over here, and made a hubbaboo, Oh, everybody turned out, you know, in gold and tinsel too; But then the good old Sixty-ninth didn't like these lords or peers They wouldn't give a damn for kings, the Irish volunteers!

We love the land of Liberty, its laws we will revere, "But the divil take nobility!" says the Irish volunteer! We love the land of Liberty, its laws we will revere, "But the divil take nobility!" says the Irish volunteer!

Now if the tretorous Imps should ever cross our roads, We'll drive them to the divil, as Saint Patrick did the toads; We'll give them all short nooses that come just below the ears, Made strong and good of Irish hemp by Irish volunteers.

Then here's to brave Mattis whom the Marines now revere. He'll lead us on to victory, the Irish volunteers. Then here's to brave Mattis, whom the Marines revere. He'll lead us on to victory, the Irish volunteers.

Now fill your glasses up, me boys, a toast come drink with me, May Erin's Harp and the Alliance Flag united ever be; May Imps quake, and rebels shake, and tremble in their fears, When next they meet the Alliance boys and Irish volunteers!

God bless the name of ol' Ryder! that name this land reveres; Success to Murphy and Talon, and their Irish volunteers! God bless the name of ol' Ryder! that name this land reveres; Success to Murphy and Talon, and their Irish volunteers!
Rebecca was laughing as she filled her glass with wine, "Well, my friend. It appears both you and your ex-wife are immortalized in song. Do you think they will be singing it as they run into battle?"