The Devil is in the Details

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Angel Ryder

Re: The Devil is in the Details

Post by Angel Ryder »

"So what will you need to find them and take care of them?" Angel said as she looked at her old Ops officer. "You know that the purse is very large for something like this... I could assign an AI system to you, that way no one else but that AI will know exact details of the cloak and at the end of the mission, we purge it's memory. It won't be one of the high level AI's, like Becki, Miki, or Iris. But we've got some 'disposable' ones Iris and I developed. Designed to be used for sensitive matters like this, where we don't even want people remembering certain details."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

A'mira Stormborn

Post by A'mira Stormborn »

"A sensor modification," A'mira replied.

"I'll talk to the Emperor about declassification of this technology," Kahlina said. She nodded to A'mira, an unspoken attention to brief those present.

With Kahlina stepping away to make the call. A'mira cleared her throat, "This can't leave this room without the okay from the Emperor or Parliament. The Mark 2 works on a phase alignment of 102.4 terahertz. As such it will leave a neutrino wake that can be detected along the theta band. The downside is they will dissipate into the cosmic background within 15 minutes."
Agent A'mira Stormborn
Narlin Intelligence Division Liaison to
Alpha Section Intelligence

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"That's not long but not short either." Clint said as he tapped his chin. "Could probably repurpose some of those micro sensor nets we set up when we were on Earth a couple years back. Basically so we had advance warning of a mass fleet build up."

"So that's what they were..." Julie gave him a look that shot daggers.

"Like you didn't 'bug' Terra Alpha space..." Clint shot back and smirked. "Besides, took your guys like a solid year and a half to find them. I've got a newly built Defiant that's basically waiting for a mission."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence
Codename: Hawkeye/Hawkguy

A'mira Stormborn

"She did," A'mira added. "The Empress's little spies even bugged the Emperor's bed chambers. We have three Narlin Intelligence ships in Imperium space. That's how we knew about the attack. But, here's the biggest issue here. Who is encouraging this?"
Agent A'mira Stormborn

Julie Lei

Post by Julie Lei »

"Dominion?" Julie replied. "Granted the Imperium has no shortage of enemies, but Kai's done a pretty good job of smoothing over ruffled feathers. True Romulan Empire? Haven't heard from the Tzenkethy in a long time... maybe they want to be taken seriously again."
Julie Lei
"A Whisper in Limbo"

A'mira Stormborn

A'mira nodded, "It is the Dominion's modus operandi, to stir the pot so to speak to weaken their potential foes. That's where I bet this is coming from."
Agent A'mira Stormborn

Malcolm Foster

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"Aye, the Dominion are tricky sons of bitches." Malcolm said with a nod of his head. "Not the kind of enemy we want to let get a real foothold again. See, all of you thought I was nuts for wanting to have more put into intelligence... we're going to need sneaky to beat them, because we all know what overt action did the last bloody time."
Malcolm Foster
Vice President, Terra Alpha

Kahlina Starbreeze

Post by Kahlina Starbreeze »

"Well, we do have one ace in the hole. V'pir," A'mira commented.

"That may not be all," Kahlina said returning to the gathering. "The Emperor has authorized us to disseminate the specs on the cloak. He is also going to reveal Narlin ship positions from the last three years. Empress Lei I trust that when you discover that our ships have been in constant surveillance of Earth that you won't do anything hasty?"
General Khalina Starbreeze
"Lady Breezecroft"
The Duchess of Kormel
Narlin Ambassador to the Terra Alpha Alliance

Julie Lei

Post by Julie Lei »

"I'll make sure the Imperium doesn't do anything stupid." Julie replied and rolled her eyes. "Ugh... V'Pier... Nick and him together... " she groaned. "You really don't want them hanging out. The Independence was the result of one of their collaborations. I didn't see Nicholas for a month while the two of them were holed up working on it. Don't even get me started on their overhaul of Section 31. Alice would never forgive any of us."

"I don't know... V'Pier is an engineer at heart, Alice would probably enjoy it." Angel said and sighed. "That was the difference between you and him, he tried to build things. You just manipulated them. You were always the agent. Everything was either an asset or a tool. Same with the Dominion. Everything is an asset or a tool. They don't build. They dominate BUT they don't grow. I will bet that the Dominion today is the same Dominion that my father fought. The same Dominion that thought they could run roughshod over us."
Julie Lei
"A Whisper in Limbo"

Kahlina Starbreeze

Post by Kahlina Starbreeze »

"Some people see all problems as they are the hammer to the nail. Sometimes finesse is in order," Kahlina added. "You can't blame your mother for being the hammer any more than you can blame the sun rising at dawn."
General Khalina Starbreeze
"Lady Breezecroft"
The Duchess of Kormel
Narlin Ambassador to the Terra Alpha Alliance