A Day Which Will Live in Infamy

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Claire McKenzie

Re: A Day Which Will Live in Infamy

Post by Claire McKenzie »

"That isn't even an offer I can entertain, let alone accept, but thank you. In my position loyalty is far more valuable than anything. I can't do my job if the Empress cannot trust me implicitly. And likewise, I can't use her connection to me to get things taken care of if there is a rift between us. Besides, I am Imperium. I don't think I would be entirely welcomed, nor would I want to be."

Arisu Lei

Post by Arisu Lei »

"Benefits to being an outsider." Arisu replied and slipped her glasses on. "I've got to go an secure your exit so you both can slip out before everyone else." she got up and put her hand on McKenzie's shoulder. "Still, I'm glad she's got at least one loyal friend."

"Only one that matters." Julie said honestly
Arisu Lei
Jase'dasis Warrior & Spy

Claire McKenzie

Post by Claire McKenzie »

Claire nodded, but she wasn't sure that she and Julie were friends. They had a good working relationship, and they trusted each other. She supposed that was enough.

Bowing she spoke, "Mistress I must be getting back to the compound. I am expecting some sensitive reports."

Julie Lei

Post by Julie Lei »

"Of course. And Claire... I do appreciate everything you do for me." Julie said as she stood up and took her hand. "It means a lot to have at least one person who doesn't look at me with utter contempt. If that makes us friends, then so be it."
Julie Lei
"A Whisper in Limbo"

Abbygale Porter

Post by Abbygale Porter »

Claire smiled and bowed her head before retreating.

Abby stood back until the side was gone before approaching. "Ladies," she said with her antebellum accent. "A surprise to see you all here today. I trust Presidents Ryder, and Price will be pleased."

Julie Lei

Post by Julie Lei »

"Can't speak for my ex but I'm pretty sure from Malcolm's speech that Price is happy." Julie replied and cocked her head slightly. "Quite the feat, I don't think even with threat of death my congress ever voted for something nearly unanimously." she smiled sweetly. "You looked commanding up there."

"Well, my mother can't speak for my father, but I think I could... I'm sure this will help matters. And since I was the only other one that Dominus held that came here to see this..." Olivia said and crossed her arms. "Jackson feared Dominus and Jackson really feared no one, he was a cruel butcher of a man that I wanted to rip his face from his skull because he didn't deserve the wear my brother's face. He did 'save' me, but in his twisted mind, he just wanted to keep me alive longer to torment me." she closed her eyes. "I trust you'll be allocating enough resources to make this actually work, after you gutted a lot of the budgets. There are still funds we can tap, that are meant for just this occasion. Let Cross and his people do what they need to without counting pennies."

"Thought you didn't care about Intel?" Julie teased.

"I will always care about it, I just don't have to running ops or going in the field anymore. Over twenty three years... I think I earned my retirement. Not to say I won't keep tabs on things." Olivia said and looked at Porter. "So how are you going to celebrate this win?"

"We could take you out." Julie said and then quickly added. "For drinks. Take you out for drinks!"
Julie Lei
"A Whisper in Limbo"

Abbygale Porter

"I believe in a small government," Abby said. "But, not a suicidal government. Don't believe everything you hear about me on the news net. McGrady, just wants to beat me. There is a provision for 600 billion credits to cover the initial war effort. War bonds should cover the rest."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Good... " Olivia said with a nod of her head. "I may not plan on serving but I'd donate my time for the USO, at least I can behave myself on the front lines, unlike some other entertainers. And I don't need to be shuffled off to 'safety'. My whole band is made up of seasoned combat vets." she handed her a card. "Should bring your girlfriend to one of our shows..." she whispered. "Takes one to know one." she gave her a wink. "Secret's safe with us. We've all been there."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Abbygale Porter

"Then it would no longer be a secret," Abby said coyly. "Besides, there are still plenty of Neanderthals. Even in my district."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Too true... and I live on a ranch with a bunch of cowboys." Olivia said with a shake of her head. "Although the woman that I'm with, could bench press them if they say anything... ungentlemanly about us." she shrugged her shoulders. "Offer stands." she whispered. "Why do you think my father never said anything about your choice in partners? I was going to be your ally if it ever came out, since well... I've been bi since I was fifteen. I'm picky, only certain men made it to my bed and certain women. You stood by dad before you stood with Underwood but... you're still part of the circle. Dad isn't in charge. And the Prices... they know to work with people they know can do what have to be done."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer