A Day Which Will Live in Infamy

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Noella St. James

Re: A Day Which Will Live in Infamy

Post by Noella St. James »

"Or keep it in a kennel." Noella replied and shook her head. "Just... don't be too tempted by the resources that Pythus has... it's not worth it."
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance

Abbygale Porter

Post by Abbygale Porter »

"There's plenty here," Abby said simply. "The dilithium exports from the Narlins bankroll many of our programs. I have no interest in Pythus, and I won't be in favor of expansion into it. Perhaps, we could just give it to the New Federation."

Noella St. James

"I wouldn't wish it on our worst enemies but we'll see. Perhaps with hope it'll blink out of existence again for another few decades." Noella said and sighed. "In any case... just suggestions. And how is New Georgia? Governor Underwood fitting into her new role alright? Our Ambassador there hasn't had a chance to meet with her in person yet. Not that you get so many visitors from outside worlds, but it is a growing world."
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance

Abbygale Porter

"The governor is doing well, and once our resident slave trader was eliminated it has gotten better. I will need to thank Ms. Ryder and Sandoval for that."

Noella St. James

"They are good at what they do, although I hear that was their last mission of the sort." Noella said as she crossed her arms. "Have to say, good for her. Girl has a lot of talent, lovely singing voice, excellent dancer, creative writer. Nicholas used to share some of her writings with me now and again." she sighed and closed her eyes. "I still do not like having the former Empress on this planet. But she's been abiding by the terms of her agreement. As if to mess with me. Yet she was helpful lately, but... I still get flash backs to her standing over me in my shower, a blade to my throat while I was practically getting water boarded by my shower. Calling me every kind of vile thing under the sun." she shook her head. "I've forgiven her, she's apologized but... I doubt I would still feel much remorse if I never saw her again. I can't legally revoke her asylum and she's been working with the Vice President and with Intel. She nearly killed her own mother, I've had to hide her out on several planets to keep her safe. Granted she's a bitch and a half like her daughter, but I can respect her. She's brokered numerous deals in the past decade. Say... you think New Georgia could use her? Anjali Sasyaki Lei... it does seem of late that New Georgia's leadership is becoming far more... female. If nothing else, maybe Julie will screw up and I can ship her off to Underwood's world and I don't have to deal with her."
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance

Abbygale Porter

"I am not qualified to say," Abby said, "I don't represent Victoria. We are just friends. Why don't you ask her?"

Noella St. James

"I thought you two were spending a lot of time together, had her ear as it were?" Noella said and shrugged her shoulders. "I suppose I should talk with her... " she glanced toward where Julie and her aide were sitting previously. "Fred always sort of gave off a weird vibe... so I never really quite got a chance to get any kind of relationship with Victoria... never imagined he was an Ajem, but it explained a lot." she cocked her head slightly. "She seems stronger than him anyway, like she could have done anything if he wasn't holding her back."
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance

Abbygale Porter

"We are, but... Alright I will relay the message. As far as Fred goes," she shrugged, "You weren't the only one."

Noella St. James

"Excellent! You help me take care of two of my headaches, I would be amiable to maybe agreeing with something of your's that you may need help with at the next Council meeting." Noella whispered. "Price seems to value my opinion much more than even Nicholas did."
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance