A Day Which Will Live in Infamy

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Abbygale Porter

Re: A Day Which Will Live in Infamy

Post by Abbygale Porter »

"I have always been on your father's side, and of course the Alliance," Abby said with a diplomatic smile. "As far as Victoria Underwood goes she is nothing like her late husband." That was completely true, but not in the way Abby was implying. "And there was always contempt for Donovan."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Well it's good to hear that." Olivia said and whispered. "Even though Carly still distrusts the lot of you, but I'm blaming that on Fred Underwood's manipulation. Ajem Masters are notorious for manipulating people. For as mature and old as Carly is, there was still a need that he filled. I understand that. All too well. You just take care of yourself. I may not have my license to kill any longer but you don't need a license to hurt someone really badly with just cause."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Noella St. James

Post by Noella St. James »

"Hey no threats of any violence in the chambers." Noella said as she walked over to the small gathering. "I hope you're behaving yourself Julie... didn't think the terms of your asylum gave you the right to come and watch these."

"It's fine." Olivia said and shook her head. "She works for Foster. Counter Intel."

"Crikey... you got more lives than a fockin' cat Lei. Whatever... just behave yourselves. All of you." Noella said with an eyeroll. "Miz Porter, a word with you in private...?"
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance

Abbygale Porter

"Of course. Ladies, " she said with a smile and followed Noella.

Noella St. James

"First... I wanted you to know that the State Department is ready and able to support this, but I would also caution a little... I don't want to say restraint, but... if we do end up taking Dominus down, then that will leave an awfully large swath of space in a rather... contentious spot." Noella handed her a padd. "The other planet and system ambassadors are considering post Romulan War era like DMZs around the Pythus Sector, wherever it moves. Even without Dominus there is a very good chance someone else could come to power in there and not many are willing commit forces to a sector of space that's been known to chew up good officers and spit them out." she walked Abbygale into a private room and closed the door. "I... should know. It's how I came to be. I was not always Noella St. James, I used to be known as Dr Nancy Peterson. Pythus Sector... split me up, altered me a bit, I lost my desire to practice medicine and instead got into diplomacy. Married Nicholas, had his children. Julie returned... she ended what we had. All that was in a swirl of temporal and I don't know what... Nicholas has no idea how old he really truly is, neither do I. It was 2379 and then it was 2383 and then back to 80. Reality changed and shifted around us so much... it was insanity. When it went away, I was so happy that Nicholas and I were already divorced and I was running an embassy out of Starbase 39. I tried to put it all behind me, but... now... " she looked at Porter. "Tread softly in there. Focus on Dominus, his forces, get the hell out, declare victory and keep everyone out of that damnable sector of space. No matter what is found there, no matter what resources are there. Just leave them be."
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance

Abbygale Porter

"Fascinating, but you have to know. That isn't my decision. You need to talk to the President and Joint Chiefs. This is up to the executive branch now, not the legislative."

Noella St. James

"Oh I know... but you've got a lot of influence. You say something and it's on the news hours later or less." Noella said and whispered in her ear. "Sooner Pythus is a memory the better."
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance

Abbygale Porter

"What you ask is costly. No, not in credits, but in an even more valuable resource. Political capital. I am not prepared to guilt or influence the Compound just to satisfy your demands. What I will do of course is have a discrete conversation with certain elements and pass on my suggestions."

Noella St. James

"Caution is all I ask." Noella said. "I'm not approving any residences in Pythus. If someone wants to go there outside an actual military mission, they're on their own. They can make a case, but... no one sane should be going into that sick pit."
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance

Abbygale Porter

"Perhaps the best way to tame the animal is to civilize it," Abby suggested thoughtfully.