Back In the Saddle

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Ethan Talon

Re: Back In the Saddle

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan smirked, "I'm not sure how popular Magus is here on on Terra Alpha. Most of them are refugees from the Imperium War. A good many of them blamed the Emperor for allowing Tessman to invade the homeworld." He shrugged, "Though, it never hurts to keep all your cards in case you might need it."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"I know Magnus helped us out more than he let on to others, so... y'know... I kinda like the name. Magnus Talon sounds strong and badass... even as a middle name." Trinity mused. "If we have a boy. I'm half expecting twins. I'm actually shocked I wasn't one, they run in the Ryder family, twins, triplets. Not so much in the Lei side or Morris, but... well, Lei's... there is a mortality rate." she said softly. "Didn't know it until Carly and I traveled further back during our testing of the time drive... but... Aunt Arisu had a twin brother and grandmother Julie had a twin sister and a twin brother, the sister was dead in birthing, the brother lived until he was 5... then... nothing. No pictures, no stories, nothing. Just erased from the family history. I don't know if I could do that... I'd want to remember them."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Folk can be real strange," Ethan agreed. He stooped and handed her, her jacket and Marine regulation cover. His own forage cap was in his left. The odd looking slouch topped hat wasn't regulation, but the Civil War era cap had gained popularity during the Imperium War.

Ethan figured a history buff had started wearing it out of a sense of irony. After all the Imperium War was more or less a rebellion by the Alliance. That also made Ethan wonder. How would history see them? Brave and noble Patriots like the American Revolution? Or racist and rebellious traitors like the Confederates? Though, history was written by the victor, and they were most assuredly the victors in this contest. And that he supposed was that.

He followed Trinity out of the office, and he must of had an odd expression upon his face. Smiling he explained his thoughts, and laughed trying to dismiss the thoughts as utter nonsense.
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist