Back In the Saddle

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Becky Sandoval

Re: Back In the Saddle

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"At any rate," Becky said steering the conversation into something more productive. "Here is a list of Kitea security personnel I want to train with the Marines. I expect that you treat the officers like enlistees. It will do them some good."

Peter Matau

Post by Peter Matau »

"They are all equally worthless in the eyes of the Drill Sergeant." Matau said with a grin. "By the way ma'am... the boys wanted to invite you to movie night on the Kitea's flight deck. I'd say yes, the only way half of them will actually clean up is if you're on deck. They like impressin' you and the Admiral."

"See... being feminine has it's uses." Trinity said as she gave Ethan a wink. "Alright... I've got a lot to do before we meet the Narlins. Commander, need me, I've always got my comm on me. Matau, bring whoever you think needs the butt kicking. Our guys are good at that. They will be so sore and yet... they're going to feel like they can take on anything once they get back to your ship. And this is coming from a Navy kid, but... I am starting truly love the Corps."

"Knew we'd make you one of us!" Matau said with a laugh. "ONE OF US! ONE OF US! OOOh RAH!"
M.Capt. Peter Matau
Marine Squad Leader, TAS Kitea
54th Maori Guard

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

Becky shrugged, "We'll see. No promises. I promised Aimee I would see her at the Academy if the Kitea wasn't deployed anywhere. But, I can certainly knock heads together when I get back, and I don't think they are trying to impress the Admiral. It's good old fashioned fear. You don't want to see her angry. Only thing scarier is her father... of course that's usually accompanied with fire balls."

Peter Matau

Post by Peter Matau »

"True enough. Still, gotta say, the leadership on the Kitea... it's the best our boys and girls have had. Y'treat us with respect and like we're not just disposable grunts. Doesn't hurt that you and the Admiral are easy on the eyes. Some of these lot have had grizzled old farts like me with more grey hair and wrinkles than a shriveled kiwi." Peter said with a smirk and a nudge. "Not that I'm THAT bloody old... but the Corps does age ya. Then you realize that the only thing that really ages a body is you so... I'm self identifying as a thirty year old. Just a bit older than some of the privates, younger than the other Captains."

"Not a bad philosophy... more should adopt that." Trinity gently nudged Ethan.

"Islander thing... you aren't truly old until you need to be wheeled around on a cart." Peter teased.
M.Capt. Peter Matau
54th Maori Guard

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Well, in that case I must be getting close you a hundred then. The Corps has tore up my body something awful. I'm practically more machine than man."

He kissed Trinity on the cheek, and gave her a quick squeeze of the hand. "I'll see you around noon?"
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Sounds good." Trinity said and stood on her toes and kissed his lips. "More machine than man huh? Only way you can keep up with me stud." she whispered.

"Another first, a Colonel kissing a General." Peter said with a grin. "I'll just give you a crisp salute. Pleasure meeting you again."

"We don't have much time Commander, let's get your people set up before he and I have to go." Trinity said and snapped from newlywed to professional. "Might even be better, just a sudden, ready or not get your butt here kind of thing."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Nonsense," Ethan said with dismissal. "Plenty of couples have served in the Marines. Some of them generals and colonels. Besides, unlike you we are militia. Our UCMJs are more relaxed."

Ethan gave Trinity a last smile and squeeze of the hand, "Come along Captain. You might as well join this meeting. We got Cowboys and Indians, Scots, and Irish, might as well have an Anzac."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Peter Matau

Post by Peter Matau »

"Nice that you didn't call me a Kiwi." Matau said with a smile. "Not that I find offense at it, I can be a little round furry fruit at times. Or so my old Drill Instructor used to say. I'll admit, I'm impressed at the diversity here. And the celebration of the old Earth cultures. Rarely got that in Starfleet."
M.Capt. Peter Matau
54th Maori Guard

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"If you weren't in the Marines, you'd be a Kiwi," Ethan retorted dryly.

The pair entered the main building. The made a left and walked down the corridor with various Marines of all ranks past them. They turned into a room marked "Briefingroom 122, 82nd Volunteers".

Ethan ducked in and there were already four officers sitting there waiting on them. Two of the men had long raven in a single tight plait, and dark olive skin. "Mr. White Elk," Ethan muttered.

"General," the other man replied.

The other two were a man and a woman. Fair skinned and fair haired. The woman was pretty with eyes of jade, and a short bob of dirty blonde hair. A spattering of freckles spanning from cheek to cheek over the bridge of the nose were the only imperfections.

Ethan walked behind the podium and set his forage cap in front of him. "Let's give the others a chance to get here, and we'll get the introductions taken care of all at once. Colonel Mor..." He cleared his throat, "Colonel Talon won't be here with us today."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Colonel Morr... Talon..." one of the Marines in the office said as he snapped to attention and gave her a salute.

"At ease... no... not at ease... so much not at ease." Trinity said as she looked around. "Seriously what the fuck guys? Paperwork is so screwed up, people aren't where they're supposed to be? I go away to get married for what? A few days and shit falls apart around us? I want this mess cleaned up before anyone leaves for the day or I swear every last one of you will be out there in the middle of the night, running the course in high heels and '1stLadies1st' Pajamas!" she glared at a couple of the women. "Especially you... I expected more from you. Now get this shit together. I told you, I wouldn't yell at you over comms, so do what I hired all of you to do. I don't like our unit looking like a bunch of idiots!" she looked around the office. "Now... do I need to repeat myself?"

"Ma'am no ma'am!" They replied in unison.

"Good, when I get back from the Narlin settlement later today, I expect to see this office in ship shape." Trinity said as she picked up a couple of padds. "I'm here for a little while before we have to leave, so anything that needs my approval, I want it on my desk ASAP. I trust this is the only time I will have to yell at you. I didn't bring you on to embarrass me and the Corps!" she nodded her head. "Dismissed, get back to work." she shook her head and walked into her office.

Walking to her replicator she made a few more padds and sat down behind her desk and got to work. A small smile crept onto her lips, perhaps she WAS intimidating after all. No one didn't look like they just the fear of God thrust into them. But sometimes they had to be reminded that she wasn't a push over, or a little girl or simply an Admiral's daughter. She was a capable officer in her own right. And it was then that she understood what her mother and her grandfather as well had said about being a legacy...
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division