When Creatives Attack..

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Becky Sandoval

Re: When Creatives Attack..

Post by Becky Sandoval »

Becky frowned, "I know technically Rebecca is me, and I her, but we have lived very different lives, and I honestly don't see those people as family. Sure a familiar face or a grin that I can say resembles a grandmother or something. Look if you want to call you and I family, " she shrugged, "then by all means."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"You're family." Angel said with a smile. "This has to be similar to the bond that my dad and my 'Aunt Becca' has, they pretty much had an instant friendship bond when they first met. Maybe it's colored by my own relationship with her, but you don't have too much beyond Aimee. And... I know how it feels to be surrounded by family yet still feel like it's you against the universe. Everyone expected me to be the second coming of my father. Part of the reason why I took the posting in Section 31 as an Ops officer. Got me just a little further away from the whole clan for a while. Where legacy meant nothing." she chuckled lightly. "And... then I make a name for myself and people starting promoting me. I always wanted a Command and I wanted to rebuild dad's Fleet. So I'm where I wanted to be when I started. But I've always made sure that my people achieve their goals. If you're happy where you are, then I will entirely respect it and I won't push you. I just don't want you to feel like because I love having you as my XO, that I'm holding you back."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"Well, I'm happy here, and besides you have become the Fleet CO more or less, and thus your ship has become the flagship. Not a bad gig for an XO if you ask me."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Well I'm still only the CO of the 414th, but we ARE the coolest Fleet in the Navy..." Angel said with a wink. "We're the advanced technology and engineering support division when we're not basically doing planetary defense. The way some threats have been lately, have to get smarter and more sophisticated. Kind of why I'm here, picking up the replicator patterns for the new sensor arrays we can deploy like mines. Should help us keep people like Dominus from just slipping past our sensor network. And we need more nanobots. Considering how effective they were at repairing damage to the Seraphim over the past couple decades, I'm going to have delivery systems throughout the new ship."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

She shrugged, "Do you need more nanites? As shitty as it is to be assimilated it sure does come in handy from time to time. I don't recommend it," she smiled and took a sip of her drink. "At any rate the Kitea is ready an awaiting your orders. I even have a few tricks hidden up our sleeves courtesy of the Borg and Species 8521."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"I'm sure you do." Angel said with a wink. "But I've been testing the new repair nanites, they should make it easier for us to recover after whatever battles we may get into. Essentially, if we're hit, they'll deploy and repair the damage. Considering we're pretty rough on our ships, I kinda want Kitea to be the last one I command for awhile, if dad could keep the Tigris more or less running continuously since it was launched before I was born, then Kitea can last until my daughter grows up and has a daughter of her own and beyond." she sighed. "Y'know... ever since we got back, I understand my dad and your counterpart more. Just little things that always sort of bothered me or worried me... I understand why. Although there are days when I feel like if I was treated like they were, I would throw my communicator at someone and quit the service. Not like I HAVE to serve to survive. It's not all I'm good at. Aunt Natalia has asked me time and again to join her more full time. Or there's always my clothing company. At least Olivia has gotten out of the grind. Oh we were invited to one of her shows. They're doing a little thing for Admiral Whitson's 138th birthday... apparently he loves his hard rock and roll, says it keeps him young. Supposed to be like 2000 people there."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

She frowned. Both she and her counterpart despised crowds, her more so, "I hope you aren't expecting me to attend. That's exactly 1,990 people too many."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Oh live a little Becky... besides, you and I both need to actually get out. Who knows, you may meet someone. Not that I'm TRYING to set you up or anything, but... you're healthier than you've been since I met you and Aimee is getting old enough to handle her mom dating." Angel chuckled lightly at the thought. "Lots of men that are not in your chain of command."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"Just what I need. A dick without the brains God gave a toad. There's a reason I don't date. I don't want to deal with all that garbage, and I can always satisfy my needs when it becomes necessary."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"When you're ready the right guy will make himself known." Angel said with a smile. "Still, enjoy the time you have with Aimee... it'll go by way too fast. I still can't believe Trini is walking and talking and in pre-school. Felt like I was still nursing her and teaching her how to walk." she sighed happily. "And I am amazed at how mature a young woman Aimee is, she handled herself really well during all that... craziness. Not many can. I made it a point to tell her that I was proud of her. That we notice and we appreciate it all. At that age, you either feel invisible, like no one cares or everyone is out to point out fault not praise the good. Her beside manner when she was helping you... she's going to make an excellent doctor someday. Or counselor. Or nurse or whatever she sets her mind to." Angel put her hand on Becky's. "I'm all about encouraging people... especially those I care about. I made a vow when I was on my first posting after I left my dad, that I would be a CO that wouldn't hold anyone back, after I was kept in the same crap job for my entire tour on that first ship, simply because 'I was young', 'I was a good for nothing legacy riding daddy's coat tails'. I worked twice as hard and no one thought I did even half of what I did. I see all the hours you put in, the dedication you put in, hell... you came here to give me a status report. You are seriously the best XO I have had. "