When Creatives Attack..

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Angel Ryder

When Creatives Attack..

Post by Angel Ryder »

TAS Kitea - Admiral's Quarters

Angel and Nathan Morris were curled up on the rather large couch in their quarters, covered up by a warm fuzzy blanket and watching an old romantic movie. Neither had a stitch of clothing on, nor were there any signs of clothing anywhere in the living room. A small holographic clock had a timer counting down time. Every so often one of them would look at the timer and continue watching the movie. They had the door not only locked, but sealed from the inside, so that no one would be able to come in and bother them. Special curtains and filters were installed over the windows, so they could look out, but no one could see inside. It was their own little fortress on a flying space fortress.

"I really want to get up to refill my mug, but this is my favorite part." Angel said with a sigh as she rested her head on her husband's chest. "Another hour and we give it another go." she had a big grin on her face. "I'm glad you agreed to this. I want Trinity to have a brother or sister. I was pregnant during wartime, wasn't that bad. At least this time around... I have a ring on my finger and we both share a ship now. No reason we can't be together more time around. And I'm teaching you a new craft or art technique... you can BS paternity leave too you know. Jon Price just added that in. We're going to create more than another kid."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Angel Ryder

Re: When Creatives Attack..

Post by Angel Ryder »

The next morning --

Angel was padding around their quarters in a pair of black tights, a long grey sweater on top and a 3D holographic camera in her hand. She was mapping her quarters, so that when it would inevitably get trashed during a battle or other situation, the computer knew exactly where everything went. The holographic crew would put everything back in place, she knew not to keep anything truly irreplaceable in her quarters, although a brother that had access to a time machine... she got a few items that had great sentimental value back that she thought she lost forever, but those remained in a safe spot and she had copies, which still held great sentimental value but wouldn't break her heart to see damaged.

"Scan complete. Uploading to main computer core." the computer intoned.

"Now it's home." Angel mused as she put the camera back in its case and slipped into a pair of low heeled pumps and grabbed her purse. Touching up her lipstick she programmed the personal transporter to take her to AlphaTek Tower. "Computer, leave my usual 'be right back' message for Nathan."

In a shimmer of blue light, she was transported to the lobby of the AlphaTek Tower, a small group of kids were on a tour when she arrived.

"Is that Admiral Angelica Ryder?" one of the kids asked, as she walked up to the main desk.

"Sure looks like her." Angel said over her shoulder and grabbed her badge from the desk.

"Admiral!" the teacher said with a laugh. "Hilarious meeting you here... I was just telling one of the other teachers I used to serve on the Mata Hari with you."

"Of course, I remember you, Joyce. You kept teasing me about having twins when I was still dating Dr. Lee." Angel said with a wink. "So which school are you at now?"

"Isabella Price Middle School." Joyce replied and shrugged her shoulders. "New school, just opened this semester. President Price was super embarrassed that there was a school named after her already."

"Hey, late 20s, 2nd President and with a school named after her... I'd be nervous about it too. She'll get over it." Angel said and put her hands on her hips. "So, starting or finishing the tour?"

"Just starting. Natalia Ryder was supposed to be meeting us down here." Joyce said and looked around. "I love her... we use her old Science Chick shows in my classroom all the time. Think it would be weird if I asked her to sign the isolinear chip?"

"You know she wants to start that show up again, she's trying to find some good science teachers that can take her place. My brother Jack was a contender but... only I can call him 'Science Chick' and get away with it." Angel said with a slight laugh.

"I hope they find him." Joyce said softly.

"I do too... " Angel said and then turned her head when she heard some commotion.

"HIT THE DECK!" a voice yelled as a canister rocketed through the lobby and smashed through a window, going until it hit a car parked across the stret.

"The hell was that?" Angel said as she got out of a protective position around the children.

"Sorry! Sorry! My fault..." Natalia said as she ran out from a side room. "I was prepping the experiment for the kids, when the gas canister valve broke and well... you saw what happened." she winced as she saw the car explode into flames. "Shit. I'm still blowing things up."

"The Science Chick everyone!" Angel gestured to her Aunt. "Next on 'When Creatives Attack' will the Admiral that's trying to get pregnant actually be able to hug the very very pregnant Aunt?"

"Shut up, I'm not that big." Natalia looked down and couldn't see her feet. "Okay I am that big. Oh just get over here." she laughed and gave her niece a hug. "Wellll... I could use you to get another can of argon gas..."

"Or we could avoid things that go 'boom' while you're baking my newest cousin." Angel said with a sly wink.

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"How about staying away from everything that goes 'boom' period," Becky teased as she approached. "The computer'd said you were here Admiral. You are looking fit today. I see you got..." she paused seeing all the kids. "Well, I see you had a very nice and productive night. I'll expect some details later "

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

Angel laughed and nodded her head. "Oh yeah, totally." she wiggled her eyebrows and glanced at her reflection in the window. "Yeah, I do look pretty fit today..." she smiled and put her arm across Becky's shoulders. "Remember being that little and going on these kinds of field trips?" she sighed and looked at her XO. "So what's up Becky? Or do you just miss me so much? I have to admit, it's been a while since I've had an XO I've really enjoyed spending a lot of time with. Kinda missed it. Although my last XO and I were both pregnant around the same time, which meant we had matching maternity leaves. Speaking of... Grandma Tess said that Aimee's welcome to join her at the hospital she's setting up near Trinity and Ethan's ranch. Setting up a new clinic is pretty educational, I remember helping her set up the one she had in Poland. Not that I had a huge interest in medicine, but it was interesting... learned a lot. I can still find my way around a sickbay or field medical unit."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"I'll let her know," Becky said. "Here's the system report you asked for... and the latest from your father."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"So you came all this way for the system report?" Angel raised an eyebrow. "C'mon... I'll get you a cup of coffee." she motioned to the cafe and tucked the padd into her purse and ordered up two drinks. Handing her XO the hot steamy beverage they made their way to a seat away from the other office staffers and visitors. After a couple of sips of her coffee, she sighed and looked at her XO. "Do you think any of the 'plans' we set up while we rotated in and out of cryo sleep are still in place? I have this sinking feeling that, while they're going to rescue Jack, this mission is not going to wrap up quickly. They're going to find something that requires their attention."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

She shrugged, "Oddly enough there isn't squat to do. Sitting there in space dock isn't the most exciting. And... if you must know the nest is a bit lonely without Aimee."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Well, she's a brand new ship... why do you think my father had so much time to have kids and build spy networks and design tech? I've got his old job." Angel chuckled. "It'll pick up I'm sure." she sipped her coffee. "As for Aimee... maybe she doesn't HAVE to spend so much time in school she's still young. Although it's pretty cool how much she's thrown herself into medical. Y'know... someday she could be your CMO." Angel wrapped her hands around her coffee cup and sighed. "So... can I ask you something Becky... where DO you see yourself? If you see yourself in a Command... as much as I would hate to lose you, I don't want you to think I'm holding you back."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"That would be weird don't you think? Aimee as our subordinate?" She laughed, "I'm good as your xo. Maybe one day I will be ready to move up, but I've had command. I've made those tough decisions. I watched the Tigris being ripped apart, and heard your father's... well, my Nick's voice before... before... Well, you get the point. I'm happy not making those decisions. I'm happy living here in peace."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Whatever makes you happy Becky." Angel said as she touched her hand. "I mean it, we've been through too much together. Never thought I'd quite have the bond I have with you. I always envied your counterpart and my dad's relationship. Oh sure they butted heads now and again and drove each other nuts, but when it came down to it, they were always in each other's corners. I feel the same with you. And hey... we're technically family now. Someday there's going to be a little boy or girl or both running around with half Ryder and half Sandoval genes. Baby Boom 2 is coming, I'm pretty sure of that. It's like shortly after the war began with the Imperium, it seemed like all of a sudden everyone that could get pregnant was. Even my grandmother."