When Creatives Attack..

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Becky Sandoval

Re: When Creatives Attack..

Post by Becky Sandoval »

Becky smiled, "It wasn't totally selfless. I was bored to tears, and you certainly are not your father. Nicholas Ryder and I were just as close in our reality as they were in yours. Is this as weird for you as it is for me?" She laughed, "The little baby that I bounced on my knee is my boss."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Eh, I'm getting used to that kinda thing happening. I mean, my grandmother looks barely older than I am now, granted a lot curvier but still. I have a niece that's the Chief of Staff, another that's married to Captain James T frickin' Kirk. I'll admit, I was a little jealous of Mackenzie." Angel chuckled. "Still, yeah... it is a little weird. Your counterpart was a big reason behind why I'm an Admiral in my thirties. She trained me well. Taught me things that I couldn't exactly learn from my dad. Like being a strong woman in uniform, especially when other Admirals think that I'm going to drop a baby any second or erupt into tears or whatever cliche. I was pregnant and still commanded a Starship and won two decisive battles against the Imperium, even my 'maternity leave' was still a working vacation. And look... I produced a daughter that came back in time and a Marine Colonel. In her twenties."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"That is unheard of," Becky agreed. "But, one thing I've noticed about the Alliance is it's all about putting the right people in the right place. Age, species, and your genitals don't matter. Only what you can do. I like that."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Dad always believed in that, sure experience matters but sometimes there are people who could do a lot of good in a higher position, despite not having the years under their belt." Angel said and smiled. "In so many ways this Fleet is run the way actual line officers wanted to see things run, even if there are still elements of it that it seems will never change. But he has made friends because he's actually backed up what he said he'd do if he could. Even out of office, he still wants to ensure everything we built and set in motion continues rolling. Kind of why he essentially gave me the 'keys to the kingdom'. Gave it to both of us actually."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"Oh I wouldn't go that far, and nor would I want the responsibility. Like I told you; I am happy right where I'm at."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"I know... but I mean... he gave us access to his files. All the tech and notes and plans he's had amassed over his career. I think he feels like the two of us can do something that he couldn't. If nothing else, it gives us something to read through when we're bored. Although I am rather intrigued by this concept he had for a nanotech based shuttle, essentially it can reconfigure itself on the fly, convert from a shuttle to a fighter to a cloaked pod that attaches to a ship's hull, even an exosuit of sorts, like a big space robot. I think he watched too much Transformers... but the tech and the concept is solid. Always did think it would be cool to have like... mecha suits. Maybe it's just the Asian in me."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

She shrugged, "Always the better weapon eh? Well, I guess if it allows out people better survival all the better." She checked her chronometer, "Well, it's almost shift change. I guess I best be getting back."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"That's what it's all about, protecting our people." Angel said and finished her coffee. "I guess I should finish what I came here to do. By the way... come over for dinner, bring Aimee. I made paella. I don't want Nathan to have too much, can't handle that much shell fish. Besides, after the other night... I need to recover." she said with a blush. "If we have company neither of us will be too tempted to get freaky too soon. And I want to kind of make it a new tradition on the new ship, the three of us, with or without kids having dinner at least a few nights a week. Aurore and Jhu and I used to do that all the time, we'd rotate who prepared or bought. Lunch time is usually too hectic and breakfast... our brains are still waking up."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"I think I can manage that. What should I bring?"

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Just yourselves. Seriously, I have a lot of food and Trinity doesn't eat much." Angel said with a smile. "Now if you brought an actual date... " she teased.