Let Them Come

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Rebecca Talon

Re: Let Them Come

Post by Rebecca Talon »

She gave him a rather dirty look, "Let's hope there isn't a next time shall we. We are both getting too old for this sort of thing. For some reason the Marines are calling me "General", whatever the hell that is all about. I don't know about you but I am ready for the rocking chair."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Too old? Please... you've been listening to Old Man Talon. You didn't piece yourself back together, train yourself to be a magical space wizard to sit your tiny ass on a rocking chair and knit." Nick said with a smirk. "Need to find you a younger man if you and Milo are done. Admit it Becca, you'd be bored a week in. If nothing else to field test new gear. Why do you think the lovely Mrs. Ryder basically gave me the 'okay' to do this? I was like a caged animal and I've got a half decade of stuff that I've developed that needs field testing." he raised a finger. "Which reminds me..." he cleared his throat. "Tactical... arm the jelly fish torpedoes."

"Jelly fish sir?" one of the Marines raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah... it looks like a typical Type 9b torpedo but when it deploys... it releases a sensor obscuring 'cloud' like ink, and then the casing falls apart and the payload is a biomemetic gel, like a gel pack, but held within a polymer casing that can slip through shields and adhere to a hull like well... jelly and then... boom." Nick explained. "I've only tested it once on a small scale, first time against a Starbase... should be interesting to see."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"You're right of course. I tried the retirement thing, it didn't stick... for that matter I tried the being dead too. That didn't stick either. Apparently I am like that cat I had growing up. She got hit by a shuttle, survived a flesh eating bacteria, won a fight more or less against a coyote, and had our dog Pergi terrorfied of her."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Yeah that poor cat... still, was a nice kitty when you got to know her." Nick replied and tapped his chin. "Feel like poking the bear? I probably should open hailing frequencies and talk with him before I start shooting at him. If only for protocol." he glanced to Ops. "Hail Starbase Python."

"Hailing frequencies open... and they prefer Starbase Hel." the ops officer replied.

"Like I give a shit." Nick shook his head. "I'm pretty sure you know who I am, but for those of you who don't. I'm Nicholas Ryder, former Admiral former President, former Exploration and Colonization Division CO of these parts. And by the order of the Terra Alpha Alliance I am informing you that it's Dominus Season. Any of you who want to spare yourselves, don't resist us, we're here for my son and any of our people you're illegally holding. Hand them over, and we won't blow that station out of the stars with you still on board. Refuse... we're going to board anyway and there will be casualties. Mostly on your side. I have a ship full of fighters who are well trained in taking down whoever they're pointed at."

"So much bluster and bravado... such a difference when last we met." Dominus said as he appeared on screen. "I had a feeling you wouldn't leave us alone."

"Yeah, you see... when you invade my planet, take one of our citizens and then we find sentient life form trafficking happening... kinda upsets people. So much so they've declared war on you and this sector." Nick said sternly.

"About time... I was getting tired of amassing an army oh and your son's been making me clones as part of the deal to keep him and his friends alive. Of course now that you're here and I've gotten what I wanted. I have no further use for him or his friends." Dominus said as he cocked his head. "Guards... execute anything living in that section of the station that isn't one of us. Prisoner, whore, or worker, kill them all."

"Throwing away lives so easily... wow." Nick shook his head. "It's going to make ending you so much more legal."

"You'll have to catch me first. Otherwise, first one I go after is your pretty wife and young son. Perhaps the redhead next to you. Hello Rebecca... a shame your counterpart didn't have the nine lives you seem to have. Your ship will look lovely as a trophy bolted to this station and your bones will make excellent decorations."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I don't think so," she replied. There was humor in her voice. All that bluster and bravado, would soon come to an end. "You see, it's not Starfleet people you are fighting. You have managed to piss off all the wrong people Dominus. We aren't Starfleet, and neither are Nicholas and I going to roll over and accept defeat. You see not only are you going to face battle hardened Marines of the 69th, and Jase'dasis members you will be facing your own army. I don't even have to be there to know Jack didn't clone you an army without causing you a headache." She laughed, "But, we will gladly accept your unconditional surrender and save everyone a lot of hassle."

Dominus

Post by Dominus »

"Oh I anticipated that, I just needed the hardware, his own 'software' means nothing... " Dominus said and laughed. "Me? Surrender? Not on your life... and bring on your forces, i'll send you dogtags when they fall. " he looked intently at them both. "You're also not fighting just me and a rag tag bunch of 'goons' and 'thugs', you're fighting the entire fucking fabric of reality! I control the multi-verse, I can have ten of your counterparts, all with a major hate for your kind. You won't even know which way is up. So by all means... bring it. I can always use a another footstool and another whore. My usual girls may not survive this."
Lord Dominus

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"If you found ten of my counterparts who were evil they would be just a great of threat to you as they would be me. You see in another lifetime I was highly ambitious. I wanted to be the youngest captain in Starfleet." She smiled sweetly, but there was no joy behind it, "If you had found my evil counterpart I would have slit your throat in your sleep and we'd be talking to her, and not you. You don't control shit. You are delusional."

Dominus

Post by Dominus »

Dominus chuckled. "Oh... you think so highly of yourself... just like the other Sandovals." he shook his head. "Why don't you come aboard... I'll show you myself."
Lord Dominus

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Not exactly. I just know who I am, and what I am capable of. Just like I know you..." She shrugged, "That and I can sense the future. We will not meet today. You are a coward, and will run before we can confront you. You will die, but not by my hand."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"In other words... we're done talking Dominus." Nick said as he stood up and looked him in the eye. "If you valued people over power, treated them like they actually mattered... they would work so much harder for you. But... you never learned that lesson." he gestured to his tactical officer. "In about ten seconds, you'll be feeling the effect of my brand of leadership versus your's. When the Jellyfish bore through your hull... I hope you can hold your breath."