Kings and Queens

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Kaikoa Lei

Kings and Queens

Post by Kaikoa Lei »

Earth -

Emperor Kaikoa Lei was waiting in the main assembly hall in the newly rechristened United Nations Hall, which was once the old UN General Assembly hall, before the United Earth accords. He decided that, while he was still the 'Emperor' of the Earth Imperium he would recognize other leaders and they would have some measure of autonomy as long as they would abide by the terms of the United Nations. It wasn't quite like the Alliance, but it was similar, and a hope that perhaps would lead to the Imperium being more than just a 'friendly' state and a full ally and partner.

"Emperor Lei... a pleasure to meet you in person." a woman with a very posh English accent said as she approached, flanked by two guards.

"Lady Windsor." Kai said with a polite bow.

"Queen soon, if these accords are to be trusted. My mother is ready to abdicate, given that I'm really her only remaining heiress. The war saw to that and Starfleet saw to that decades ago." she said and shrugged her shoulders. "Pity this didn't happen longer ago."

"At least it is happening." Kaikoa replied. "I am trying my hardest to keep the spirit of what my mother started but with compassion and honor."

She leaned over and whispered. "Too bad you're not still single."

Kai gave her a raised eyebrow and shook his head. "I am very much a happily married man. So I take it the record about you having a husband is out of date?"

"By about two years... the fool had sex with one of the housekeepers, in my bed. Literally right after I left for the day. If I didn't forget an earring I wouldn't have known." She said with a roll of her eyes. "Under your mother's law... I had him executed. He was also trying to sell off what little remained of British defense. The little tart he was sleeping with was a spy for the Orion Syndicate. I took care of her myself."

"Hell hath no fury eh?"

"You have no idea my dear Emperor Lei." She said and sighed. "Now, I will only sign if you agree to three of my terms, These are not negotiable and if you do not at least consider them right now. I am getting back in my car."

"And they are?" Kai raised an eyebrow, partially regretting this whole idea.

"No royals are to serve in Starfleet. We lost sixteen of the family over the past 30 years, that's two a year. There is practically no one left. They serve in world, and in particular... Europe. Two. We want the old UK borders. Scotland... can remain independent but we'll be allies. I am part Scot of course. And three... your mother never returns to Earth. Her exile is permanent." she looked him in the eye. "I know it will be hard, the last especially but the new Parliament will not agree to reform unless it is assured the 'old' Imperium will never return. We have no problem with what you are creating, but if she is involved. The deal is off."

"I will discuss it with the advisory board." Kai replied. "I do not think those are unreasonable demands, but you ARE asking that your own family essentially are no longer able to do what they wish."

"They can hate me for it, I won't bat an eyelash. Admiral T'Ver delivering me a condolence letter via subspace all those years ago, that my sister was lost in Pythus Sector and they have no idea if she's alive or dead. I've hated Starfleet since then, and then over the years as more and more of my family and those attached have been lost. Frankly, unless it's something that benefits the United KIngdom... I am not at all a fan of Starfleet. You can let the Slavic Bloc sit on the board for that. I've already introduced legislation that needs to be voted on that will basically discourage any of our residents from serving in Starfleet in favor of the new British Military, that will handle our defense so Starfleet doesn't have to."

"Again... that is something that the board will need to discuss, you are asking that essentially the main protective arm of the Imperium no longer protects your people." Kai said with a bit of concern in his voice.

"We lost London during the Imperium War, we just rebuilt. We need to rebuild... and gallivanting off into space is not a good use of our people." she sighed. "I may not be Queen yet... but I still have considerable sway."
Emperor Kaikoa Lei
3rd Imperium Rex - Terran Imperium
Legacy of Empress Julie 'Whisper' Lei

Rumiko Lei

Re: Kings and Queens

Post by Rumiko Lei »

Once the 'Queen to Be' walked away, Rumiko approached her nephew and whispered to him as they walked together. "I am impressed, your mother would not have tolerated that kind of attitude." she smiled softly. "I'm glad I didn't kill you when I first met you."

"Yes, I am as well." Kai said with a nod of his head. "You were so intent on it, thought I was so under her thumb."

"Well, let's be honest... she messed up my mind, I still have no idea where my daughter is and my husband thinks I'm a zombie... so yeah... I had issues." Ru said and shrugged her shoulders. "I do appreciate the Betazoid healers. I'm pretty much back to my old self."

"If a leader can't help his Auntie... then he has no right to call himself that." Kai replied and nodded his head. "So what do you think of her terms?"

"I think she's angry, hurt and more than a little nationalistic, but for the first time a Brit isn't interested in expanding the British Empire's borders, that's a shock." Rumiko said as she sat down and looked at him. "I think it's a good idea that you made a good case for me staying with you."

"I find that I have much atone for my mother's actions." Kai said as he looked at the room. "This will hopefully help the healing process."

"You're a good man Kaikoa Lei... although I DO think you be Kaikoa Ryder." Rumiko whispered. "I know that half your DNA came from him. Not Tiberius."

"Even stripping DNA couldn't strip the good stuff out." Kai replied and smiled. "So tell me something... do you think this will actually work?"

"If you took after your mother? No. If you took after the other half of your DNA... then yes. Worked out well for him." Ru said and pecked his cheek. "Now... I need to find a place to watch the others."
Rumiko Lei
Aka: Agent Flare

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

A young aristocrat approached him, and bowed his head politely. "Allow me to introduce myself sir." He had a rebellious grin and obvious restrained excitement. "Prince George. I trust my sister was very 'concerned' about the loss of so many of the family."

He laughed and handed them both a martini, "Don't believe a word of it. She was practically ecstatic when Ashley came up missing. The family, but especially her, didn't like her.... hmmm... let's call it oddities." He leaned in conspritotaly and now obviously intoxicated , "She could move things with her mind!"

Rumiko Lei

Post by Rumiko Lei »

"Well that is only... slightly unusual in the circles I run in." Rumiko replied and took a sniff and sip of the offered drink. "Normally we don't drink when we work, but Lei's are not lightweights. So... you must be the 'pain in the arse' relation that Deputy Minister Walthers refers to. Five auto accidents, three shuttles, and a horse drawn carriage... impressive vehicular carnage count. I've wrecked more in the line of duty and... off duty... but a carriage, that takes some skill."
Rumiko Lei

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

George chortled, "I am the current shame of the family miss. After my good sister of course. They didn't know how to handle a 'freak' like her. Their words, not mine," he added hastily. "That's why she joined Starfleet to begin with. As far as my own accomplishments... Well, they have been grossly exaggerated. And the carriage wasn't even me! Though I did take the blame for it," he added judiciously. "Saved my poor chap from a heap of trouble. Being a prince and the Duke of Sussex gives me a bit of a pass."

Rumiko Lei

Post by Rumiko Lei »

"That's nice of you... so bad boy with a heart." Ru nodded her head. "I wouldn't even joke about calling anyone with those abilities a 'freak', course in the circles I used to run with, beyond my brother in law being able to shoot fireballs from his hands, I've been friends with high level telepaths and telekinetics, as well as... other special people. My daughter was something of a techno-path, could intuit pretty much anything mechanical and had an almost mental control over anything of high enough technology... of course, my sister pretty much put a stop to that, thought her and I a threat... so I know all about bitch sisters." she glanced at Marissa. "So Prince George... any particular reason why you came or you just heard there was an open bar and wanted to heckle." she whispered. "I wouldn't blame you for wanting to heckle her..."
Rumiko Lei

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

He bowed regally, "Miss I would never come to a function like this to heckle my dear ambitious sister. Nor would an open bar do it either. No, this was forced upon me. After all it's not every day England receives the bloody Emperor of Earth is it?"

Rumiko Lei

Post by Rumiko Lei »

"True true... still... not everyone will be here, at least I hope not from a security point of view." Rumiko said and sighed. "I'm honestly here because my sister isn't on planet and I actually think Kai is good for Earth and the Quadrant." she crossed her arms. "So, how would you like to help guide us around? Few of your fellow royals care to give us more than vague directions. When they rebuild the land around the UN here, they changed the roads and routes. I used to find my nephew Jack here all the time, the telepath he used to work with was an aide here. And usually he'd turn off his communicator and his mother, being the Asian helicopter mom, sent me to hunt him down."
Rumiko Lei

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"Guide you?" He laughed at that, "I could show you all the best pubs here in London, and give you a tour of my favorite Met stations. Y'know the ones the serve food fit for human consumption, and the beds don't smell too much like vomit."

Rumiko Lei

Post by Rumiko Lei »

"Just so we don't look like we're complete idiots would be fine." Rumiko said and glanced at Kai. "He's trying his best to make a good impression. I must say, even though just saying the name 'Imperium' makes my skin crawl, I am proud of what he's trying to do with what he's been given." she gave George a smirk. "Would also go a long way to your own reputation if you're in our circle, that could certain use the rehabilitation... given that from what little I know of you on the grapevine, rehab has been suggested of you as well. Honestly, you're downright sober compared to some I've met. One of the Deputy PMs grabbed my butt and tried to pass it off as an 'accident'. I almost wonder if the whole drunken royal thing is an act." she mused.
Rumiko Lei