Olive Grove

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Jena Tana

Olive Grove

Post by Jena Tana »

Olive Grove --

The tall Orion woman stood outside the house she had designed and built for herself, Olivia and her family and Aimee and her soon to be children. Originally it was going to be a two story bungalow but it had turned into a four floor 'Mini-Mansion'. It had a modern look on the inside, but on the outside it looked like a quaint, rustic house that seemed to blend into the surroundings, as if it was always there. They had called the plot of land 'Olive Grove' as sort of an in-joke. There were three master bedrooms, essentially she built it so that Olivia and her family could have their own 'part' of the house, Aimee had a part of the house and she had a part of the house. Even though she and Olivia were pretty much a couple, they were both keenly aware that while their friendship was strong, they weren't quite ready to commit. And she even sort of envied Olivia and Aimee, being around little Vin and hanging out with the now teenaged Lana, made her almost a little envious. Clearly she wouldn't be able to have children with Olivia. Both of them had attractions toward men and while Olivia was not quite as 'omnisexual' as Jena, she wasn't opposed to being romantic with another woman, even an six and a half foot tall green bodybuilder.

"Nice house." the 'other'' Ethan Riddic said as he approached. "I ah... I'm Ethan Riddic... "

"Yeah, the clone or alternate or whatever of Liv's hubby. I remember. We DID serve together for how long?" Jena raised an eyebrow at him. "And there was that three way..." she hummed.

"Okay THAT was the Purple Stuff and none of us were in control of our actions." Ethan said in his defense.

"Yeah right... you were mauling my tits like they were stress balls." Jena chuckled. "No shame in wanting to have a taste of what so many others have tried and enjoyed. Your wife enjoys it."

"Not my wife... well, not MY version of my wife. I dunno... this is all so damn confusing." Ethan sighed and shook his head. "I was wondering if she was here."

"She's in the Capitol with Aimee and Lana, Vin's here though. He's taking a nap finally... remind me never to have a child with a Furyan." Jena teased.

"That's m'boy." Ethan said and smiled. "I... I appreciate you being there for Liv. I mean, it can't be easy raising twins by herself."

"So what did you really come here for? Besides seeing Livvy?" Jena inquired as she lead him up the steps. "Shoes off Marine... I just laid the carpet, I want it to at least look nice until the open house." she slipped off her wedge heeled boots and flexed her toes. "Surprised you're out, usually Intel keeps you kinda guys on a short leash."

"Yeah well... my wife was the best spy in the business, I have my ways." Ethan said and walked inside. "Wow... you outdid yourself Tana, beats your quarters on the Mata Hari."

"Well, in fairness, it was a starship, I never knew if we'd lose everything so I barely decorated and barely cleaned up. Why waste time when the whole ship could be tossed around or my quarters were hit by a stray blast and I had everything sucked out into space? Picking up things would be a waste of time." Jena replied as she turned on the music and walked into the kitchen. "Drink?"

"Sure." Ethan said as he sat on a stool overlooking the kitchen. "So, I was going to ask... if... I didn't stay around. Would Olivia be upset? I mean 'her' Ethan... isn't around. I'm the closest she's got. Granted we're both clones or whatever... but I think maybe it would be too hard to try and rekindle." he glanced around.

"You basically 'giving' her to me?" Jena said as she placed a glass of iced tea in front of him. "No one 'gives' Olivia to anyone she does that herself."

"You know what I mean." Ethan said with a shake of his head. "Look, I won't get in the way."

"That's for her to decide. After all, it's not as if we're exclusive, you see a ring on this finger that even looks like a wedding band?" Jena held up her hand and took a sip of her tea. "Look, I don't care if you get back with her or not. Just don't break her heart. It's been years and neither of you are the same as you were. She doesn't even have the same body."

"That's a fact." Olivia said as she walked in and put her bags down and pulled off her leather jacket. "Not the same woman the other Ethan married. Neither are you, you barely look like you aged a day." she said and walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. "Hey it's actually cold."

"That's what happens when I ACTUALLY connect the power." Jena said with a wink. "House is fully finished."

"Awesome. Lana said she's going to spend the night packing up her things at Trini and Ethan's." Olivia said and looked at Riddic. "Jena... so you think he's alright?"

"A little wiggy, he remembers that three way..." Jena whispered.

"I was barely satisfied." Olivia whispered back. "New clone body, maybe it might work better."

"Liv..." Ethan said with a smirk

"Seriously... I thought it would have been more enjoyable. Jena and I had to... keep going." Olivia said and sighed. "Your intake mentioned that Kirby was on that station... everyone told you not to tell me. Like I can't find out what was said. I was Director of Naval Intelligence."

"Wow... really? That's great... why'd you quit?" Ethan said as he looked at her.

"When they took our kids away. When I lost my daughter. When I basically had to choose career or my family." Olivia said and sighed. "Now I'm going to be a singer... and model for Angel's clothing company. Should keep us comfortable and being a performer at least keeps me from risking my neck. Anyway... it's getting late... stay the night. You can figure out where you want to go."

"I take it you don't want to pick up where we left off?" Ethan replied.

"Ethan... I still love you but... it's been too long. I let you go. Why do you think I'm living with Jena? It's casual but... I'm trying to be open. And well, girl has needs." Olivia said and put her hands on her hips. "Look... we've got the house to ourselves. We'll see what we come up with."

"I got a bottle of Romulan Ale from T'Kir... she sent it over for you." Jena said with a wink. "Gotta love her."
Jena Tana Ph.D
Structural Engineer
Drummer

Olivia Ryder

Re: Olive Grove

Post by Olivia Ryder »

The next morning --

Olivia's bed was literally full, between Jena and Ethan's large frames, it was a good thing she was comparatively smaller. Basically had her head on Jena's chest and the rest of her across Ethan.

"You need a bigger bed." Ethan said as he started to stir.

"Not used to it needing to hold three of us." Olivia said with a slight yawn. "Well that was fun... although you did it again babe." she poked his stomach.

"What?" Ethan looked at her, confused at her statement. "Again what? You came..."

"Yeah... but you did it in Jena, seriously, do we feel that similar?" Olivia sighed and shook her head. "It's alright, after... years without, it's not like I'm really used to... well you."

"Sorry..." Ethan sighed and laid back as he pulled her over and wrapped his arms around her. "So... no spark?"

"Oh there was that old spark... but... it wasn't like before. You never fell asleep after only four hours." Olivia said and traced her finger across his abs. "And... maybe I'm just... nervous."

"About?" Ethan raised an eyebrow.

"Having more kids... I mean, you didn't use protection." Liv said as she pulled her hair back. "I told you not to, but... you know... Jena's kinda been... hinting."

"I always did like her... not more than you though."

"I know... but... you know... it's not like she would have a problem with you being her baby daddy... look at our kids. They're awesome. Vin's her favorite, I see them playing all the time. I can see why his future counterpart is so jacked. He's huge. Bigger muscles than you ." Olivia teased.

"Yeah I saw... I think I may need to spend some more time in the gym... so really... if... I kinda... explored things with Tana?" Ethan raised an eyebrow.

"You have my blessing, as long as you're still there for your kids." Olivia said and kissed his lips. "You do know that it was always between you and Kirby... I mean... I only really stepped back because of her and Marcus, but Marcus has been dead and his son is already married. And... I was still sort of... seeing her while you and I were dating."

"I always knew that... seriously... you shared clothes for a while there. I know what underwear you own, mainly because you made me pay for it!" Ethan said with a laugh and sighed. "You're still just as insane as ever."

"And you're still a good kisser. So you know... I never had a problem with an open relationship. Seriously. I mean the idea of my brother sleeping with the same woman I was in love with since well... ever. Was a bit... ick. Angel and I had a shared boyfriend in middle school but that poor guy never got anywhere with either of us, I think because we were like 'ewww... sister cooties' or something childish."

"Lana is as gorgeous as you... she's going to be a heartbreaker." Ethan mused.

"Oh I know... when she was the same age as Vin, I knew it... but I'm... oddly fine with her being older. I had a terrible experience as a teenager, kinda wouldn't mind living vicariously though her's... the right way. No training her to be a deadly assassin. Or a professional charming flirt. Or dumping her in the woods in a sports bra and yoga pants and flip flops..."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Ethan Riddic

Post by Ethan Riddic »

"You tell that story so often..." Ethan said with a look. "You still learned from it... your mother was a psychopath, still is. I'm entirely shocked she's still around."

"She's attempting to be normal but... we'll see. I have to give her some credit for at least trying." Olivia said and closed her eyes. "For a little while there, I was worried I was going to be just like her... that's why I had to get out of the spy game. At least with the new body... which IS sort of what I used to look like before my accident and dad let me decide for myself what I should look like. And... it could by why I haven't quite put the time into toning this new body up to what my old one was."

"Honestly... I like the little extra padding... " Ethan mused.

"Shush!" Olivia teased and swatted at him. "God I missed you... but... having you here... if this light,breezy thing we've got works for all of us... then... y'know... let's try to make it work. Just because Jena and I basically retired, doesn't mean you have to. Could work with the Talons."

"I just might... so you ARE serious when you say that... you're cool if I explore things with Jena?" Ethan said as he propped his head up with his arm.

"Of course... the woman, as much as we joked, she's an amazing friend and a wonderful lover. And you're probably one of the few males she likes that could potentially give her a child... just saying... you knew when I married you that I was fine with being poly." Olivia said as she glanced at Jena, who was still passed out. "And it's Jena... she's kind of turned into my best friend, next to Aimee. Who no... I am not in love with or even have feelings toward. Okay she's pretty but she's BFF."

"Hey I only had two women in my sack you and big green here... " Ethan said as he shook his head as he watched her sleep. "You may have had a point about me and her..."

"Y'think?" Liv said with a smirk. "Like I said... I'm fine with it... just be there for our kids."

"I can do that." Ethan agreed.
Major Ethan Riddic
Marine Clone

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

Later that morning -

Lana walked into the kitchen of the new house and immediately made herself at home by brewing up coffee and having a big bowl of cereal. A couple of baskets of clothes and a box of makeup and 'girlie' stuff that Trinity gave her sat on the floor near the main entry way. Her large full length mirror was propped against the wall and she glanced at herself in it every so often as she played with her hair and various clips. She had been experimenting most of the night with makeup and trying to find 'her look'. Granted on the Ranch, even Trinity only really got made up when she was entertaining or heading to work, but she encouraged Lana to find her own face.

At the moment it was dark coal black eyeshadow and liner and dark purple lipstick.

"Morning Lana!" Jena said as she walked down the stairs, the robe just barely covering her body.

"Morning Aunt Jena." Lana said as she pulled the two clips she put in her out. "I wasn't sure which room was mine and you and mom and... was that dad? Were... well..."

"Kind of a clone I guess." Jena said as she walked over to the teenager. "He came over last night... one thing lead to another..."

"No, it's cool... really. I wanted to look him up when I heard about him after Uncle Jack was taken by Dominus..." Lana said and sat on the edge of the couch. "It's so weird... I mean, I never met him. At least not conventionally. I felt him in the womb, some weird Furyan thing. I've seen holograms of him, interacted with them even. But... is it strange that I'm more curious than excited? Like... he's my dad. At least in the ways that matter I guess, same as mom. And yet... I just don't... 'feel' it. Y'know? You're almost more a dad to me."

"Gee... thanks... I think." Jena chuckled.

"Well, you've always kinda been the protector when mom and us needed it. You babysat for us all the time, when we weren't at Granma Tess's." Lana said and looked up at the stairs. "You and mom have been like my parents. I call you 'Auntie' but it's more than that." she looked at Jena. "So... what happens now?"

"It's a bit complicated. They're still friends and they still love each other and you guys a lot, but Ethan and I... may be dating." Jena bit her lower lip. "We always sort of had a bit of attraction and we've served together for years, as long as I've known your mom and your aunt Angel. You mother... I think, no matter how close she and I get or as close as your dad and her were... there was always someone else."

"Zeke's mom." Lana nodded her head. "Course, if they did get together, I wouldn't be here."

"Never say never kiddo.." Olivia said as she walked down the stairs, black leather slacks and a purple blouse swishing as she walked. "K and I always swung both ways, course, with your uncle dead... there isn't that 'weirdness' it's like you dating someone that liked your brother Vin.'

"Eww." she made a face.

"EXACTLY the face I made." Olivia said with a laugh. "God, you're my kid."

"Whatever makes you happy mom, really. I mean... this whole family is so screwed up. I nearly slugged one of Trinity's hands for touching my butt for a second when he helped me down off a horse." Lana said with a wince. "I didn't... but after what I went through, I'm very very much in favor of staying away from any dating. So yeah... don't worry about me finding a boy and getting you a grandkid. I fully intend to embrace my childishness for as long as I can."
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Aimee Sandoval

Post by Aimee Sandoval »

There was a knock at the door and Aimee let herself in. "Knock, knock." She waddled a bit and she was showing now.

She was carrying a basket filled with baked goods. She found everyone in the kitchen. "Hey!" Taking one look at Jena and Olivia Amiee grinned and teased, "Well, I know what you two have been up to. Hi Lana," she greeted and kissed the younger woman's temple. "I made baked goods! A house warming gift if you will. Mrs. Ackers knows her stuff that's for sure. My first attempt at biscuits turned into a lot of smoke, and a pan full of hockey pucks."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

Olivia smirked and gestured with her thumb to the tall, muscular bald man and wiggled her eyebrows and held up three fingers. "Well that oven is weird... " Olivia said with a smile. "These smell great... normally I don't eat carbs, but fuck it... cheat day." she said as she went for one of the biscuits. "Oh these smell like the ones at that cafe. Was nice of the owner to give us the recipe. Or rather gave it to the President's kitchen staff." she added with a slight giggle. "I have gotten recipes from pretty much all the 'good' places using that line." she turned to Ethan. "Aimee... meet my... late husband Ethan Riddic. Apparently he was cloned like me... or possibly an alternate that was cloned from a similar reality. So much matches up, but... status quo."

"I resisted it for years but... after spending so much time with Vin and Lana... and watching your pregnancy... I suppose if I'm ever going to even attempt to have a kid of my own, I should really do it now." Jena said with a slight smile. "Besides... it's not like I'm on active duty, I can do what I want!"

"So... Jena will be having my... half brother or sister?" Lana raised an eyebrow. "Eh... could think of weirder. Wait a sec... are they going to be green?"

"Maybe..." Jena shrugged her shoulders. "I'm half human, so they could be like your dad or like me. Or a bit of both."

"Green hair would be kinda cool. There was this girl I met in Vinelli's... she had natural green hair. Always kinda liked it." Lana admitted and glanced at at her father. "I'm only just realizing this now, but... hey I'm only 5... is the bald thing like just a male trait?"

"Shaved it kid." Ethan replied. "Fits a helmet better."

"Whew... I was worried Jena and you'd have like perma bald babies or something." Lana said and chuckled. "Well not that babies have that much hair, although I did."

"I could put it in pigtails after a month. It's from your grandpa's mom's side of the family." Olivia replied "Although personally I think Aimee's family has the best hair... it's thick and it keeps a curl."

"Yeah, totally jealous." Jena said with a smirk. "I am sooo looking forward to seeing those twins. Bet they'll be adorable. Half Klingon babies are cute."
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Aimee Sandoval

Post by Aimee Sandoval »

"You know their dad wasn't full on Klingon right?" She approached Ethan and extended her hand, "A pleasure to meet you."

Ethan Riddic

Post by Ethan Riddic »

"Ma'am." Ethan said as he shook her hand. "I'll admit, it's good to know Liv at least had made some new friends while we were missing." he sighed. "And I appreciate everything you did for my kids. Even though... until now, I've never met them."
Major Ethan Riddic
Marine Clone

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Well Ethan you are entirely going to be on Vin duty for the next few days. Aimee and I have to buy a new ship and I'll be entirely honest... I'm still getting used to seeing you in person." Olivia said with a sigh. "I really needed you and I'm still a little mad that you went on that mission when I was pregnant. We could have had three kids if you were around... I would have kept my ass home instead of trying to bust up fights on Byron." she shook her head. "I'm sorry... it's just bringing back a lot of things that have swirled in my head."

"I know..." Ethan nodded his head. "Listen, offer still stands... you wanna beat me up..."

"Ethan I'm a violent woman yes, but I'm not a bitch. I don't need to beat you up. Just... I need a little time. Besides... if there's hope that Kirby is still alive..." Olivia said with a small smile. "Only thing that kept us apart was Marcus. Clearly you're fine with me being bi."

"Yeah, never bothered me. And I liked her too, that's why she went with us. Thought I needed the back up, she wanted to make sure I made it home." Ethan said as he looked at Lana. "I had to see these kids as more than weird 3D sonograms."

"So, if you and Jena are... thinking of doing whatever, you have my blessing. Seriously." Olivia whispered. "As I recall you got pretty close to getting me pregnant on the Mata Hari. If it wasn't for all the drugs in my system at the time, you'd have knocked me up at least three or four times. Wasn't until that super detox..."

"That I suggested." Jena chimed in. "See, you kinda owe me..."

"There ya go... just don't get my drummer pregnant too soon okay? We've got gigs lined up already. Which is pretty cool, to be honest... and Aimee can shred like no one's business. Even with a bump. Oh... which reminds me." Olivia held up a finger and ran over to a closet. "Just came. I was going to surprise you later... but I love ya too much Aim's." she walked out with a shiny black and silver leather guitar case. "I heard the beam in when I was going to the bathroom at like 4am..." she popped the clasps. "It's specially made to fit you can still do everything you can do with your usual ax, but it'll fit around the bump better and I think it just looks cool. Sort of part of my 'thank you' for sticking with me and I'm still getting you a new ship."
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Aimee Sandoval

Post by Aimee Sandoval »

Aimee shrugged, "I know a little guitar, and I suppose I can sing a little." She smiled modestly, "Now where as good as you guys."