Epilogue

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Re: Epilogue

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Plenty of time to figure that out later Lieutenant." Nick said with a warm smile. "I am pretty sure our Secretary of State is going to push to have every last one of us coming home kept in quarantine for a minute, so you'll have plenty of time to plot a new course. If you want to return to Earth, we can arrange that, but they may not be best suited for helping you..." he whispered under his breath. "With your 'other' abilities. C'mon, I know... I can shoot fireballs, my son is super telepathic, I'm the one they call when someone can move things with their mind."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"She's too old train," Rebecca said. "Without Ja'larin the Order will never allow it ."

"Well, I'm not exactly welcomed at home either. I was a freak. The shame of the family."

"Well, I suppose you have a new family," Rebecca said. "And myself, Nick, and Jack and teach you to control your abilities so they don't control you."

"I already know how to do that," Ashley said. "I haven't accidentally used them in years."

Rebecca raised an eyebrow and glanced at Nick. "Fascinating. Nick is the only one ai know who was able to do that on his own. Of course his abilities manifested earlier than my own."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"That's only because I had family that kind of helped me." Nick replied. "And then I was enhanced when I was still in the Academy, that amped everything up. Course the second time I used my fireballs offensively I charred the hell out of my forearms." he held up his hands. "But it lead me to develop heat resistant alloys and electronics and synthetic flesh that no one will deny looks, feels, smells, even tastes real."

Kassie Kaine-Calhoun

Post by Kassie Kaine-Calhoun »

"I'll attest to that." Kassie said as she beamed aboard. "I remember when you were trying to install that fake molar thing."

"Lieutenant, Kassie Kaine, my former Yeoman, now my... granddaughter in law?" Nick raised an eyebrow. "She's President Price's front desk, but Jack gave her a small starship for a wedding present which we put to use."

"Ship's already locked onto the habitat module, my holographic crew is helping with getting people sorted out." Kassie said as she went over and gave Jack a hug. "Although this is who I really wanted to see. You don't look too worse for wear, what the hell was that? Was watching it on sensors and couldn't believe it."

"Oh that was Becca Sandoval and I being... awesome as always." Jack said, trying to feign that he wasn't exhausted. He looked at Kassie and raised an eyebrow. "Kass... were you and Jason... y'know?"

"Screwing like dogs?" Kassie whispered. "You better believe it. Why?"

"Oh... no reason." Jason said and gave her a wink. "Tell m'boy when he's got a minute I need to talk to him."

"Of course. I'm glad you're back, and Jason owes me, he was getting pessimistic, I to remind him many times why he married an optimist." Kassie said and handed him a chip. "Might need to talk to the Presidents Price... they wanted to get you to verify who you are before they even let you close to Terra Alpha."

"Remind me to tell mum not to worry so much." Jack rolled his eyes. "Nancy or Noella giving him that 'watch everyone' order?"

"Noella."

"Figured." Jack muttered. "Oh and contact Mackenzie and JT, we need a family meeting."
Kassandra "Ka'h'zy" Kaine-Calhoun
Price Administration - Xenexian Delegate

Livvy Sandoval

Post by Livvy Sandoval »

"It had to be done," Rebecca said.

"Hey," Ashley exclaimed. "Where's Livvy?"

Rebecca glanced around, "Who?"

"I'm here," a tall red haired woman said as she stepped forward. "Hi grandma, hey Uncle Nick."

"Grandma?"

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Uncle?" Nick looked at Becca and then slapped his forehead. "That's right... I forgot, Aimee's pregnant. Huh... so she named one of her daughters after mine."

Livvy Sandoval

Post by Livvy Sandoval »

"I'm her only daughter," the woman said.

"But, you're Klingon," Rebecca blurted stupidly.

Livvy shrugged as if she had gotten that reaction all her life, "Apparently my paternal grandmother was half Klingon."

"Do you know who she is?"

Her granddaughter shook her head. "I don't, but I think my mother might... or at least have a suspicion. Da... My stepdad is General Dougal MacDonald."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Shhh on the last bit." Nick put his finger to his lips. "Well, Livvy... good name by the way, little known fact... we named Olivia that because when we did the original ultrasound, she looked like a little olive." he said as he put his arm across Livvy's shoulders. "So Uncle Nick... guess that means that I don't do anything stupid in the next couple of decades."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I was named after her," Livvy said.

"Well, nice to meet you," Rebecca said. "Nick, I'm going to put Kim to bed. Will you see to Ja'larin? I'm be back down as soon as I can."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Of course." Nick said with a somber nod of his head. "I can do a basic preparation... guess mom 'punishing' me by sending me to work in the ship's morgue for two weeks when I scraped the paint on her shuttle comes in handy."