The Gathering (Carried over from old forum.)

Old enemies rear their heads, new threats make themselves known, and an old hub of craziness is the center of it all.
Ethan Talon

Re: The Gathering (Carried over from old forum.)

Post by Ethan Talon »

"I dinae kin Scots are even ready for that kind of Independence," Jenny laughed. "We've been ruled by sasanachs for so long we've forgotten how to do anything but complain aye. You ken that as well as anyone Mr. Foster."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Malcolm Foster

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"Oh aye... no one can complain about things, and I mean REALLY complain about things like a Scot!" Malcolm said with a laugh. "Still, there's got tae be a time when when we finally get off our arses and just do it. I never held elected office, then some wankers put me on a ballot to make me mayor of Capitol City, I actually won. Then the Capitol went 'boom' and Isabella Price, m'best friend... she made me her Veep. Couldnae say no to her. So here I am. Second most powerful man in the Alliance. Figured it was time to quit bitchin' and just bloody do it." he said and took a sip of his drink. "Clans can take some baby steps... go from there. I know from when I used to be a wee lad and attended Clan Donald meetin's that outside of bake sales where pretty much it was an excuse to drink and eat... gettin' the clans to actually take some political power will be a rather tall order. Of course let us not forget that majority of the English crown holders are Scot so we can do it if we put our minds to it. I fr'one would love to see a bit of home here, outside of meet ups like this. That... and my lady would like to actually raise our future children as Scottish as we are."

"But... she's Romulan..." Trinity raised an eyebrow.

"Aye, but her heart is Scottish. And... she has mine. She said 'yes' General." Malcolm said with a grin. "And then she passed out but she said yes and recorded it, so I have proof she said it!"
Malcolm Foster
Vice President, Terra Alpha

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"I was raised as a cowboy," Ethan said. We was looking a Malcolm with one eye closed in a futile attempt to bring the world into focus. "Look what it's done to me, and I'm dragging Trinity down that same path."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Hey you died and left me a ranch so I became a rancher... and a sheriff's deputy." Trinity said with a laugh. "And I'm loving every minute of it, best gym in the galaxy is a ranch. Plus... if I didn't go down Ethan's path... I'd never start that berry farm and if it wasn't for my berries, the Presidents Price may never have had that special moment. I think my berries are responsible for at least a dozen couples and more than a few children. I'll have to send you and T'Kir a basket... "

"Naughty girl." Malcolm teased.

"That's why Ethan loves me." Trinity said with a grin.
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Well, I can't think of a better way to raise a whole passel of youngsters. Hard work does them good. Putting up hay, branding calves, fixing fence. You name it. I reckon I turned out okay."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Even if you do tend to get grumpy if you're not out on a horse all day." Trinity said with a chuckle. "Although we'll see about the 'whole passel' of kids... haven't exactly been a good Catholic girl and saving myself with him... although when the time is right it'll happen. Otherwise, lots of kids to adopt. I want to get a start on raising a family, give me an excuse not to want to follow Ethan into battle and keep my toned behind in a desk chair."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"I don't know what I'd do without my partner guarding my left," Ethan said with a frown. "Last time I did it without you I lost both legs, and an arm."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"I can't always be at your side, but I plan to be there as much as I can. Oh and everyone is wearing SKIN under armor in battle, no exceptions. If I see hair, your ass is getting the liquid metal version and it'll be cold and clammy and not warm and comfortable." Trinity threatened. "That's what saved his life, from bleeding out and from going into septic shock."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"It did. Thanks to your mom for giving it to me."

Suddenly from the anonymity of the campsites a tall kilted figure emerged. Gray Scots bonnet covering his head. The current Scottish folk band stopped, and silence fell upon the gathering

Dougal MacDonald was a handsome man in his mid forties. His dark beard was streaked with gray, but his icy blue eyes still held the vigor of youth.

In his right hand he carried a burning evergreen bough. "The Clan MacDonald is here!" He tossed his makeshift torche onto the pile of timber in the center of the clearing. Bowing he returned to his camp, having claimed his right as Chief of the clan.

Another figure emerged. A petite woman, with a comely face marched towards to pyre. Her unbound wheat colored hair flew about her shoulders. Tossing her torch onto the pyre she shouted, "The Mackenzie's are here!"

One by one the Chiefs and leaders of the Terra Alpha Scottish clans made their way to the center of the clearing, and quickly a massive bonfire rose into the sky.

"The Grants are here!"

"The Macgillivrays are here!"

"The Frasers of Lovet are here!"

"The Campbells are here!"

"The Chisims are here!"

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

With the organized festivities over the entire gathering fell into the low hum of a beehive. Over the bursts of laughter, and popping of campfires various musicians plied their trade. From nothing more than scales, and random chords on a guitar, to Scottish folk songs like Black Bear and Blue Bonnets Over the Border, to Chopan, Mozart, and Tchaikovsky.

Ethan was sitting companionbly around the fire with Trinity, Jenny, and Malcolm when a dark figure emerged from the forrest. Dougal MacDonald nodded to the Scots.

"Back in Scotland our fires are peat. This is a wee bit better aye?" The massive Scot introduced himself, "I'm Dougal, Chief of the Clan MacDonald."

Ethan awkwardly made it to his feet. "Brigadier General Ethan Talon. Nothing quite so fancy as a clan behind me, but I am the Commanding officer of the 82nd Volunteers."

"Aye, I ken who you are well enough. Mr. Foster," he said with a nod. "An what part of Scotland might you be from?"