What Do We Do With a Problem Like Ashley?

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Marissa Windsor

What Do We Do With a Problem Like Ashley?

Post by Marissa Windsor »

Lady Marissa walked through the rebuilt Buckhingham Palace, the official coronation was still a way's off, but it was clear that she was going to be the new Queen, given that Ashley was still considered a non issue but Marissa had her concerns. Making her way into the wing of the Palace that had her office, she glanced at the security officers guarding the door.

"Milady." one of the said with a nod of his head and opened the door for her.

"Waylon, how is Trudy?" Marissa asked politely.

"Oh hanging in mum... thank you for askin'... Emperor Kaikoa Lei has left three messages. Shall I delete them for you or do you wish to listen to them? They all say the same thing. He wishes to talk again... apparently something happened on Terra Alpha and he's concerned. Which is curious..." Waylon reported and cocked his head. "But what am I to question an Emperor, I'm just a security officer."

"Can you get George in here, the insufferable prick promised to spend time here today and not in some bleedin' bar or club." Marissa said and chuckled. "Oh and can you inform the staff that I no longer want cars to use the side driveway, I plan to keep that for military and official vehicles only."

"As you wish. Anything else?" Waylon inquired

"A bottle of gin for my desk..." Marissa said dryly and as she went into her private office and closed the door. "George, where the fock are you... "
Queen Marissa of the House of Windsor
United Kingdom, Earth

Prince George

Re: What Do We Do With a Problem Like Ashley?

Post by Prince George »

George entered a few minutes later. For once he wasn't drunk, nor did it look like he had slept in yesterday's clothes on a park bench. "You wished to speak with me Lady Regent," his words were measured and polite, but there was rebelliousness in his tone. "Have you decided what to do with the current embarrassment of the family?"
Last edited by Prince George on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marissa Windsor

"You mean the one that isn't you?" Marissa teased. "You're looking quite more polished than usual, actually smelling presentable, not like a pub." she gave him a sideways glance. "It's not that Lei woman's effect is it?" she shrugged her shoulders. "Doesn't matter. I am thinking I want to send you to Terra Alpha to retrieve our wayward Princess. While I am fine with her being out of our business, I still do not want her presence on Terra Alpha sending the message that she's somehow there as an endorsement. I do not like the idea of her out of our reach."
United Kingdom, Earth

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"I will not," George said obstinately. "Haven't you done enough damage to our sister? If she wanted to come back to Earth she would have."

Marissa Windsor

"She doesn't get to decide that. She's one of the few of our family remaining after all the battles and frankly... I want to prop her up. As an example of why we shouldn't support Starfleet. I can even live with the fact that she's the freak of the family, we can blame that on Starfleet as well. Emperor Kaikoa is not getting support from any of our citizens, not if I have anything to say about it. I've already been formulating our own Military to defend our borders if need be. The British Empire ruled most of the free world at one point and this planet needs that. And you George need to get serious and stop fucking around with tramps and Chav girls and look for a proper mate. Someone needs to continue the family line. Doubtful if it'll be Ashley. Besides... what life does she have on Terra Alpha anyway that she couldn't get here?"

Marissa gestured with her hand. "Besides... it would make me happy to see her unhappy here."
United Kingdom, Earth

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"Christ!" George swore. "You are a bitch. Ash should be the queen not you, and now you want to make her life here miserable? What did she ever do to you? I am not going to drag her back here kicking and screaming. It's not going to happen. You want her? Get her your own self."

Marissa Windsor

Marissa stood up and glared at George. "Ashley will never hold any leadership role but she will serve this monarchy just the same. As do you George. Like it or not, we are the new government here and unless you want to be royal janitor you will do what you are asked of by your superior..." she clenched her fists and took a deep breath. "I do not care if she's miserable here, she'll be miserable there too, if she even lives. I don't know if you listen to the news, but the former President's own father was killed and they lost a couple hundred Marines on a sensor station. She spent years as a slave to Dominus, do you really think she's in any position to take care of herself there?"
United Kingdom, Earth

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"Umm no I don't. Can you imagine the fallout making the prince, your brother, sweep floors?" He laughed, "You'll last as long as Lady Jane-Gray. How long was it? 9 days? Look, you want her here put you conniving, scrawny arse on a ship and do it herself. I'm sure she'll tell you to kindly fuck off, just like I am."

He smiled and bowed, "Your majesty. Good day."

Marissa Windsor

"Then you can pay your hefty bar and legal tab yourself." Marissa said as she sat down. "And my trip to Terra Alpha." she gave him the finger. "At least Ashley is reasonably intelligent and educated... unlike some slacker I know."
United Kingdom, Earth

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"I may not have an Oxford degree, but I learned things you could never learn out on the street." George reached into his sport coat and tossed a bag of credits onto the table. It was his entire gambling winnings from two nights ago. It had turned out to be a considerable some. £38,000 as a matter of fact. "That should cover it."