We're Here To Help

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Michelle Ortiz

Re: We're Here To Help

Post by Michelle Ortiz »

"Well, one of those freighters are Jase'dasis Knights, and the other is vibranium ore, which I understand is resistant to those laser swords of theirs," she said. "Courtesy of Admiral Talon by the way. You just get ships and security officers from us."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"We'll take it and trust me, we'll compensate." Nick said with a nod of his head. "We're not the type to just take aide and not give something in return." he spun his chair and looked at a monitor. "I didn't put all this work into this to see it go down the crapper in less than a decade. And I will not have some dark reflection of myself do it either."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Michelle Ortiz

Post by Michelle Ortiz »

"If anyone is going to fail it's me," she said with a frown. "The Federation is on a much more tenuous footing. But, for as long as I am alive I will fight to fulfill Archer's, Soval's, and Cochran's dream."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"What do you need to stabilize?" Nick inquired as he turned to face her. "Like I think Jon has said and I'm pretty sure I've said the last time, we're better separate than all one big happy fleet like the UFP used to be. That was our problem, we got too big, we invited too much contest and it was staggeringly easy for our government to fall from within in a short time." he shrugged his shoulders. "But that's why I like the word 'Alliance' we're allies, we're not taking over worlds and installing a new government like I would install a new Operating System in a ship. I think our first encounter... we were... maybe a little threatened. That a new UFP would undermine what we've done, but Jon and I have spent many hours discussing it and I think what you've got is what we were founded to do. Foster planetary unity under whatever form it takes. As long as we're friends of course and support each other."

"What Nicholas is saying in his typical long winded way..." Jon said with a smirk. "We think it's in our best interest to help you get the stability you need to ensure your new UFP lasts. Just like the United States and the old European Union once upon a time. Allies, yet still sovereign."

Michelle Ortiz

Post by Michelle Ortiz »

"Nothing at the moment, but it takes just one natural disaster, or an attack from someone to wipe us off the face of the map," she said with a frown. "Or in fighting. There's a growing Earth Unification movement."

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

"Well, I cannot speak for Emperor Lei, but he's far more reasonable compared to his mother. Perhaps something could be arranged." Jon mused. "After all, they are trying to restore the image of Earth and Terrans. Of course, us Terrans are still not exactly 'liked' in many corners of the galaxy after what the Imperium did. Hard to know who was an Imperium stooge and who was part of the resistance against it. Part of the reason why originally we had a Romulan Vice President. And why I am still trying to get more of our non Terran allies to hold a public office. But... there is a movement to have sovereign nations on Earth again. The United Kingdom is reforming as an independent entity. Canada was independent since my in laws liberated them. Perhaps another region could be a part of the UFP, keep the Imperium in check."
Jonathan "Jon" William Price
3rd President of Terra Alpha

Michelle Ortiz

Post by Michelle Ortiz »

"Well, that's the plan," she said with a shrug. "Let's just hope we don't vote ourselves out of existence, or the Dominion swoops in."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well I'm in the process of getting some of our fighters refit with my new power cores, I might be... convinced to donate a squadron to the new UFP's cause in exchange for a favor." Nick said as he smirked and took a sip of his coffee. "I want to train your brightest engineer, my dad dyin'... kind of makes me keenly aware of my own mortality again, usually when that happens, I try to impart some of my knowledge and skills to someone."

Michelle Ortiz

Post by Michelle Ortiz »

"You already have our best engineers," she quipped. "Between yourself, Admiral Talon, and the Laforges that significantly cuts into our top tier engineers." She smirked, "I'll talk to Admiral Riker. I'm sure he can get you a good protégé."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well I have been discussing it with my brother, we're going to grant a license for AlphaTek equipment to the new UFP provided that you sign on as allies. Officially. We're not asking you to join, but codify that our two governments are friends and will work together." Nick said with a shrug of his shoulders. "You need help, we'll come running."

"The Cabinet has been discussing that pretty much since our last meeting, we're a more solid Fleet at the moment but we weren't always so we're returning the favor. Similar arrangement the Royal Navy had with the United States Navy at times, if they needed help, the Americans came to assist. Same the other way around." Jon sipped his tea and gestured with his hand. "Bajor as the home world of the new UFP, kind of close to the recognition that they have wanted since what? The 2370s and now we're in the 2420s... it's beyond past time they got the home world status they deserve."

"Multiple 'home worlds' was something I long tried to suggest to the Federation, Earth was always too much of a target. Every bad guy that we ever encountered, the Romulans, the Borg, the Klingons, the Dominion, the Xindi, they figure 'take out Earth, you take out the Federation'. What we've both proven with our respective governments, that isn't the case, we simply move. Set up shop else where. Decentralize." Nick said with a smile.

"And fresh starts... sometimes that is exactly what is needed." Jon said and slid a padd toward her. "Look it over with your people, if you think it makes sense, sign it and we'll make sure that if the Dominion rattle sabers in your direction again, they're met with more than aging starships."