Family Reunion

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Ashley Walker

Re: Family Reunion

Post by Ashley Walker »

"Not my first choice, but I'm not getting a stupid old crown stuck on my head either."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Marissa Windsor

Post by Marissa Windsor »

Marissa laughed and shook her head. "Same old Ashley... millions of little girls loved wearing tiaras but you hated it."
Queen Marissa of the House of Windsor
United Kingdom, Earth

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

"Wasn't that. The problem was that all the things that were considered right and proper for a girl were bloody boreing. Who wants some stupid old tea party when you could be swimming, or playing with our pups?"
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Marissa Windsor

"True... I will entirely give you that, we were pushed to be women far sooner than we needed to be. I think I was barely sixteen when they started setting me up with other royals to get me 'interested' in someone so any marriage at 18 would be considered a 'long term' relationship. Although they were all as bloody boring as we were. Didn't interest me. That and I always liked older men, less wishy washy. And they usually came with some built in reputation, while a younger man... had only their parents." she sighed. "But we are no longer children Ashley, we're adults. Not only that, we're royals. We will never be 'normal'. I called you a freak because I thought it would anger you enough to prove me wrong and stay. Make it your mission to show me up. You had beauty, intelligence, bravery... you could have been a positive influence. Like we couldn't use a biologist that could move things with her mind back home? What did Pythus have that we didn't?" she closed her eyes. "I also hated that you joined Starfleet, I almost wanted to have you disowned for that. And look, you almost entirely missed out on most of Georgie's life... maybe you could have been a good influence on him."
United Kingdom, Earth

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

"Hey!" George exclaimed. "Just because I enjoy a good time with my mates does not mean I'm a screw up."

Ashley laughed, "He's got you there Marissa. I remember you coming home more than once reeking of booze and pot. Come to think of it, I'm sure I did the same thing. And, while we are being brutally honest here, you never wanted a biologist that could move things with her mind around. You and mum both were always shaming me for it. When I was ten I was convened that mum would have me executed if I let on, and you seemed to always be there egging her on. What did Pythus have that home didn't? Shame and guilt. No one knew who I was, and if a little magic slipped from time to time... well it didn't matter."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Marissa Windsor

"Well we all did stupid stuff when we were younger. As I recall said booze and pot was from mother's stash that we both partook of." Marissa chuckled. "Look Ashley, I'm trying to rebuild a relationship that we both shoved down the loo years ago."
United Kingdom, Earth

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

"I can't argue with that," she said simply. "And that's why I haven't told you to get bent."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Marissa Windsor

"So are you at least open to returning home, even for a short while?" Marissa asked and sighed. "I had hoped that I could persuade you to return with us, appeal to your 'duty and honor' as an officer, but... perhaps it isn't meant to be. Still, aren't you at least the teensy bit curious about what home looks like?"
United Kingdom, Earth

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

"It's not home, and it never was, but yes I will return with you."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Marissa Windsor

"Splendid." Marissa said with a broad smile. "And I will do you one better, how is this... you give me a month, you do some interviews, make a few statements, some public appearances, whatever it takes... then I will not only let you come back here or wherever you wish, I will even pay for it and supply you whatever it is you need to make yourself comfortable. If you don't come home again, I will understand but... it comes with no other strings past that. Now if you do wish to stay..." she smiled and chuckled. "Well, then I would truly appreciate you acting like Princess Ashley. Who knows you may come to enjoy it, after all you're older, wiser and none of us are children any more. I won't even badger you to find a suitor."
United Kingdom, Earth