Dark Days for Dark Knights

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Olivia Ryder

Re: Dark Days for Dark Knights

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"And considering we're going back to Capitol City on the way back in, you blend in better." Olivia said as they approached their shuttlecraft. "So do we swing by Porter's and try to rattle her as well, or leave that be? It's interesting how she's not quite hiding that, Porter's been seen around here almost as much as she's back home. Maybe more so. Locals think that she's good for the colony, gives them some Council recognition." she handed her a padd from between the seats. "Should keep an eye on her, all that anti-Jase stuff came from her."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Technically it was anti Ajem," Rebecca said with a shrug of her shoulders. "We just got lumped into it all, and they have always had counsel recognition. Our problem is that she's been here from the beginning. She was representing Terra Alpha back when it was just another human colony of the UFP."
Last edited by Rebecca Talon on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"I know, dad even teased the press with her, which would be his first running mate, her or Shiarrael, but I never quite got a good feeling from her. She was an ally and dad trusted her, but I dunno... something about her. Like if she was given the right opportunity, she would have taken it and pushed out dad or followed her own agenda." Olivia sighed. "I don't trust her... never quite did. What if Victoria makes a play for the Presidency or uses Porter as a means to exert control? The whole time we've worked around Porter, she's never had a steady like Underwood. Plenty of nice girlfriends that she always pretended were just 'friends' or whatever. I practically invented that line. I've been that 'friend' to enough politicians in my career. I... may have even been proposed to a few times. Remember Senator Vazquez from New Mexico? Intel thought he was hiding some dirty stuff in his district, gave me the biggest rock... after about three months of... undercover work." she blushed and tapped a control on the dash that opened the rear of the shuttle and lowered the hatch. "Almost said yes, wasn't a bad guy, honestly was trying to do what dad did, set up things in case something happened." she sighed. "He was one of the first to die in Tiberius' purge. Point is... politicians are good at seduction. Probably built their whole thing on the fact that Porter's been pretty much in the closet at least publically."
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebbecca shrugged, "I don't think she was always this way. I think she was corrupted. Of course I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. I helped her get elected the first time. She seemed decent then."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Question is... can she be brought back if she IS corrupted?" Olivia said. "Underwood too... I mean... we do have a pretty good track record of turning enemies into allies. Even family. Aimee was an enemy combatant, but I knew that she regretted her actions... now we're like sisters."
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Aimee was mad at the world. She had a chip on her shoulder the size of Texas. The Imperium just gave her an outlet, but I don't think she ever drank that Kool-Aid. It just took a change of perspective to erode that chip. As far as Porter goes... I don't know, but if I had to guess Underwood is simply feeding the thoughts and ambitions already there that she buried because it didn't fit with civilized society."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Well given the politicians I've met in my career, some doth protest too much about people like Porter... and myself. 'Oh how shameful...' riiight... and they have two boyfriends and three girlfriends..." Olivia rolled her eyes. "But I suppose if I was in that environment, with different feelings... and someone came along, that I was maybe attracted to and made me feel... welcome. It'd be incredibly hard to resist."
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca shrugged, "Possible sure. But, you'd need loose morals to begin with the fall in with an Ajem in the first place."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"She's a politician, most talk a good game but deep down..." Olivia cocked her head and smirked. "Lot of skeletons in a lot of closets. Still... who knows, maybe she's playing a long game. Keep Underwood as close as she can, keep herself protected. Victoria is much better at hiding than her husband was. Playing a role. She's got stage presence that's for sure. Shocked Intel didn't nab her years ago, or maybe they did. They love people that can act and perform. Why do you think I surprise people when I perform? I've done it since I was a teenager, hell... half the musicians on tour at any one time are probably working for some intelligence service."
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"She's not greedy," Rebecca said. "She knows incremental gains are true lasting gains."