Dark Days for Dark Knights

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Victoria Underwood

Dark Days for Dark Knights

Post by Victoria Underwood »

Victoria was sitting in one of her favorite restaurants on the outskirts of the main part of town. It was a bit seedy, a bit run down, even a bit dangerous, but the food was good, people left her alone for the most part and it was one of the few areas she was comfortable being seen in public with Abbygale.

"Usual Miz U?" Myron, the owner of the restaurant said as he dropped off a pitcher of sweet tea and a basket of fried pickles.

"I may switch it up today... how about the brisket instead, my lady and I spent the night at this little club and they had these lovely beef kabobs, have a taste for beef today." Victoria said with a smile.

"Oh good choice, brisket is just being pulled now, ribs aren't quite ready." Myron replied with a slight drawl. "Gotta say, that stimulus package you pushed through, helped a lot... can actually air condition this place now."

"I thought I was your stimulus package?" Victoria said as she poured herself a tall glass of sweet tea.

"You are... but got five kids and two grand kids i'm takin' care of." Myron said as he sat on the edge of the counter. "So is Porter coming?"

"I hope so, I..." Victoria started to say but sensed something and rubbed her temples. "Sorry, headache... still just a tad hungover."

"Need a pill or a shot?" Myron asked as he walked over.

"Got some in my purse." Victoria said and sighed. "Maybe I just need food."

"I'll get your plate ready myself." Myron replied and went into the kitchen in the back.

Victoria, finally alone in the dining room, pulled out a padd and accessed her private sensor net system. Sure enough, there was a freighter full of Jase'dasis that entered the Terra Alpha system, she could sense there were masters as well as warrior knights. It seemed as if Bartyn's attack had brought in 'the big guns'. She knew now that she had to keep those she cared about closer and those she counted on to fight ready.
Tori Thorne aka Victoria Thorne-Underwood
Former Governor of New Georgia - Former Ajem'dasis

Rebecca Talon

Re: Dark Days for Dark Knights

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca sat down across from her. Myron saw her sit down, but Rebecca waved him away. "So how long have you been going here? Best ribs and brisket in town. Memphis barbecue no?" Rebecca shrugged, "I prefer Texas myself."

Victoria Underwood

"Texas is a bit too smokey, can't taste the meat as much." Victoria said as she took a sip of her sweet tea. "And Myron has the best meat on New Georgia, I think it comes from your son's ranch if I'm not mistaken." she looked at the redhead and smiled. "To what do I owe the honor of your presence Admiral Talon. Or is it Sandoval again?"

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Hard to say, but likely. We only process grass fed beef. The Monferts, and Cullens meat producers fatten the cattle up in feed lots. They make more money, but the quality of the beef is decreased."

Rebecca sat back and folded her arms over her chest, "Still Talon."

Victoria Underwood

"Sometimes keeping one's married name even after the union is no longer there is beneficial, when it's a rather strong last name." Victoria commented. "Partially why I haven't gone back to Thorne. That and I've been an Underwood most of my adult life, far too much stationary to change." she chuckled lightly. Which was true, she had considered returning to her maiden name but it would have been more of a hassle to change her name and still keep the rep she had built up as Victoria Underwood, Victoria Thorne barely lived. "I assume you didn't come all this way to chat about brisket? Although if you did, it may be preferable to whatever it is you really are after."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Nodding and leaned forward, her left hand resting on her knee and her right on her thigh, inches from her kliden. Not, an overt threat, but it let Victoria know not to do anything foolish.

"I know you didn't kill my friend. That was Dominus. And I know it wasn't you who kidnapped my daughter in-law, but I can't help but think you're connected to all this. Somehow pulling the strings. And, I'm not fooled by your girlfriend's act of innocence either."

Victoria Underwood

Victoria maintained her cool and smiled. "I have no idea what you're talking about... I've been either holed up in the governor's mansion's office or with my girlfriend." she took a sip of her tea. "I'm not secretive about our relationship, we're just not advertising it. But we do have plenty of witnesses at the clubs she and I danced at the past couple of nights. It was Fred who was the one who had anything to do with that dark business. But think what you will. I'm used to people making assumptions. Judging me." she hummed. "I have no idea who took your daughter in law, shocked that even was possible."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"It was a dark version of me," Rebecca said coldly. "It has an Ajem smell to it. Just like you Ms. Underwood."

Victoria Underwood

Victoria sniffed herself. "Does it smell like Dior?" she smiled and cocked her head. "Are you accusing me of being an Ajem?"

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Let's just say, I'm not ruling the possibility out," she said diplomatically. "But, when something quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck it's usually a duck. Frank was too careless, and frankly not smart enough to be a true Ajem master. You, on the other hand are smart enough, and clever enough to fly under the radar and let others take the credit."