Dark Days for Dark Knights

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Victoria Underwood

Re: Dark Days for Dark Knights

Post by Victoria Underwood »

"I do think I will take that as a compliment of my intelligence." Victoria said and sat back just a bit. "I still think you're entirely wrong, but assuming you were right... do you think confronting someone that's as dangerous as an Ajem'dasis in a public place... just a bit risky? They've blown up a hospital and you lost a sensor station to them. There are still people living upstairs in this restaurant, plus the staff and those idiot tourists who think sitting outside in weather like this is 'fun'. Or you Jase'dasis simply inciting the violence? Abbygale has put foward laws to keep Jase from operating openly, would apply technically to Ajem as well... so really... would you really want to expose yourself to that?" she sipped her tea. "Assuming I was an Ajem, which I am not. I'm just a pageant queen turned politician. But I do like that you think I'm intelligent enough to be that sneaky. Suppose all my degrees would have been worth more than the paper they're printed at least."
Tori Thorne aka Victoria Thorne-Underwood
Former Governor of New Georgia - Former Ajem'dasis

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I think the use of a kliden isn't what you do best. It's how you weave your web. How others are manipulated, and coerced. It'shiw you get what you want. Me however, that isn't what I do best. I'm a hammer and I see all problems as nails."

Victoria Underwood

"That's the difference between the Ajem and the Jase isn't it?" Victoria said and gave her a slight smile. "Listen Admiral... Master Jase'dasis whatever it is you're calling yourself I am not some Ajem master... mistress... whatever you call 'em. I'm just a politician. Of course that makes me far more dangerous, an Ajem can only kill you, a politician can make a lot more people's lives a living hell. So let me ask you this... why do your Jase friends hate the Ajem so, it seems they only cause problems when they're threatened."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

She laughed, "That's a fair question. There wouldn't be either without the other. No night without the day. But, the Jase'dasis are about balance and the Ajem'dasis are about power."

Victoria Underwood

"But if there were no Ajem, what of the Jase? Or no Jase what of the Ajem? Nature abhors a vacuum... could it be some of your own would turn? Or some the Ajem ?" Victoria mused. "Kind of bleak if you ask me... perhaps neither are best."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Perhaps," Rebecca said with a smile. She stood, "Have a wonderful day Ms. Underwood. We'll be seeing each other very soon."

Victoria Underwood

"Is that a threat or an invitation?" Victoria said with a small smile and a raise of her glass. "Enjoy the lovely weather while you can, we're in for a storm."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Statement of fact," Rebecca said and slipped on a pair of sunglasses. She glanced around, "Nah, that storm is already here. Been here for a while I would wager. Neither of us are immune to lightning." She gave Victoria an odd expression, "The last time nearly got me didn't it?"

Victoria Underwood

"Amazing what you can live through when you need to." Victoria said and glanced out the window. "For what it's worth... I am glad my late husband's lackey didn't end your life. Of course how many second changes does a person get? Not something I'd care to find out." she cocked her head slightly. "You could stay, I'll even pay."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Enjoy your meal. Until next time," she said with a polite, but practiced smile. With that she was heading down the street, the heels of her black pumps clicking on the sidewalk. The high end dress designed by Angel clashed with the obviously blue collar area.