Wish You Were Here Then

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Jack Ryder

Wish You Were Here Then

Post by Jack Ryder »

Jack had managed to convince Kinsey that they needed to get away, far away, in time and space. They still went to Xenex, but the Xenex of about 75 years prior, before either of their parents were born, before there was any chance of messing up their personal timelines and so they could see the planet in it's glory before the Brethren attack, before things went backward centuries overnight. Give her a chance to possibly meet her ancestors or at least interact with Xenexians that weren't forced to live in caves or trapped by tradition. When there were still pockets of the planet that weren't completely desert or lifeless.

"Look at that..." Jack said as he landed his time pod and pointed to the monitor. "It's like a paradise and the beautiful thing... that little portion is entirely our's but it's not far from your home town either." he sighed put his arm across her shoulders. "I promised you once that I would take you here, but it took me a while to work out the formula for going back so we'd be able to go forward without either going into deep freeze or hitting an alternate timeline. The way I've got it set, we'll return only minutes, maybe an hour or so after we left. Although I do plan on us still taking a few days away." he nudged her shoulder. "Just in case my calculations are off or we need a vacation from our vacation. I figure we can spend roughly two weeks here providing we don't like... change the timeline."

"And I will ensure you maintain chronometric integrity." An IRIS avatar said as she materialized. "I'm cross linked to the current history, if my system detects changes, I will inform you. Interaction is still possible but try not to indulge in sexual relations outside of yourselves."

"IRIS!" Jack chided. "I am entirely loyal to my wife!"

"Well, it's part of my protocol... don't blame me for reminding you, that was set for Marcus as you recall." IRIS reminded him and crossed her arms. "Go on you two... enjoy yourselves, I will watch the pod and call you if anything comes up."

"Come along my love... we've got your home to explore." Jack said as he took Kinsey's hand. "Unless you have other ideas? This is all for you... any place you want to visit first? Everything is pre-Brethren..."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Wish You Were Here Then

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“You go missing for a month and the first thing you want to do is something for me. It should be the other way about Jack.” Kinsey said a tear in her eye, she quickly wiped it away. “Thank you”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"You're very welcome." Jack said as he held her close. "Besides, being with you is all I want to do. No one quite believed that I was not only married to a K'n'zy but also had your children and you weren't an evil bitch in heels." he teased. "Most days."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"Yes most days." Kinsey laughed softly. "So...what do you want to do first?"

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"I want to try some actual Xenexian cooking, not whatever it is Jonas and the other cave dwellers consider 'haute cuisine'. You didn't go to the stars eating snakes, rats and random desert creatures." Jack said as he held her hand. "That and I want to pick up something for the house, some piece of artwork or... something, some relic that was lost long ago, nothing valuable per se, but like my old movie posters in the den, piece of my planet's past."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey laughed softly, “You have a high opinion of us Jackson Ryder. So we went back 75 years that would put us...right near the end of the Danteri’s rule. Best to stay out of Calhoun.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"That bad huh?" Jack mused. "I bow to your superior knowledge of your homeworld." he said and kissed her again. "Still, it's nice to see the planet looking less devastated. Before the Brethren."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Agreed.” Kinsey said with a smile. “Come one lets go find a cave and I’ll make you the best cave rat you’ve ever had.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"I'm sure we can do better than that." Jack said with a laugh as they walked out of the pod and he tapped the control on the door that cloaked it to resemble just another large rock formation. "Besides... you know all that leads to is cave sex and these are new pants. Upside, if we do run afoul of any one here, they'll be long dead by the time we get home, no one will ever remember us being here."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"What's wrong with cave sex." Kinsey laughed as she pecked him on the cheek. "We could go into Calhoun but your accent still needs work and you need to spend more time in the desert. Capital City made you pale again."