Wish You Were Here Then

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Wish You Were Here Then

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey nodded in agreement, “You can’t tell Korba anything I’ve told you. It could change the future and Jack and my children are probably the only good thing that has ever happened to me. I can’t loose them in any reality.”

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"Oh the things I don't tell Korba could fill a book." Tali said with a wink. "Still... I may try to find a way to ensure that even if I lose you, that I find you... or maybe that's why you're here. To give me a tether. The Pit... and the desert around it... it's unstable, people sometimes go in and never are found. There one moment, gone the next."
Tali'Zorha Calhoun
Presidential Intelligence Agent

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“It’s unpredictable even the weather.” Kinsey agreed having been caught in one of those popcorn sand storms. During one of those storms she had seen her future with Carly. The daughter that was hers but wasn’t. She found herself suddenly missing home and her children. “It’s late Korba will realize you’re missing.”

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"Yeah and I think it's best that he doesn't know you were here. He may suspect something. And... you probably don't want to stick around when I yell at him for shredding my dress in the throes of passion. This bed sheet is certainly not clean." she sniffed it and wrinkled her nose. "I am not sure if this helps you, but I keep a small journal diary, it stays in the same place all the time, near a cave in the western ridges. Easier if I show you." she touched Kinsey's forehead and shared the mental location. "Perhaps there is something I write that will help. Maybe some clue what happens to me... if you can save me without ruining the timeline, do it." she looked at Jack. "And he wants a blood sample..." she mused as she looked around and scratched her arm with a long fingernail and then used her abilities to turn the glass she was using into a sort of ampule, turning the glass into a bubble around the blood that seeped out of the small wound and captured it. "There, that should work for your needs." she took a piece of the bedsheet and dabbed the cut. "I've had worse, I heal quickly."

"That will certainly help." Jack said and stood up. "And I promise you, if there is a way, we will find it, in the meantime... just... consider this one of your visions of the future."

"Oh I already plan on that... at least this time I know it's real and I'm not going insane." Tali said with a slight wince. "Sometimes they are so real and so vivid... I don't know what's just a vision and what's actually happening. I don't ever tell Korba about that, not sure if he'd understand it anyway." she put her hands on Kinsey's shoulders. "Take care of yourself... even when it feels like everything is going to the hells around you. Someday you and I will share another drink."
Tali'Zorha Calhoun

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“I hope so.” Kinsey said and embraced Tali. “Thank you for this.”

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

Tali smiled and gave her a wink. "Perhaps I needed to see what I would produce... so I don't fear it. I suppose I should go back upstairs... he may want to go another round before we leave here." she let out one of the knots she tied in the sheet she wore and looked at Jack with a grin. "You two could do the same. Your mate is now starting to understand you a bit better. You found a worthy one. I barely need to enter his mind to know that. Someday, when the time is right... we shall all have a very long conversation over many bottles of brew." she snapped her fingers and reached out for one of the bottles. "I love the brew of this region, their water has a slightly different flavor thanks to the rocks around it, gives it an odd spiciness to it."
Tali'Zorha Calhoun

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey nodded in agreement, “good night...mom.”

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"I may need to make sure Korba makes extra sure that happens..." Tali said with a sly wink. "You and Jack have a good night as well K'n'zy. Like I said... I'll do my part to make you if you do your part to save me."
Tali'Zorha Calhoun

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey sat at the bar and watched her mother leave. She finished off the last of her brew and stood.

“We should go before they wake up again.” Kinsey said softly a hint of sadness in her voice.

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Aye." Jack said as he put his arm across her shoulders. "Y'know, I rather like her and meeting her... a lot of things make a lot more sense now." he kissed Kinsey's neck and smiled. "Perhaps with a little research, I can find a point where we can bring her home. Although is Terra Alpha ready for Tali'Zorha? Still doesn't change my feelings for our Kiera." he nodded his head. "We won't mess with the timeline, but I'll try to find the point in history she stopped being a part of it and go there."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius