Wish You Were Here Then

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Wish You Were Here Then

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Oh she acknowledged but I would really like to not imagine my husband with my mother.” Kinsey informed him and sighed. “I have a lot to tell Keira and even more questions. As if things weren’t already complicated. Oh Jack...why aren’t we like everyone else? What the hell makes us so different then other Xenexians? Where did this power come from and why?”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"No idea luv... but we were blessed with finding each other and being able to use these abilities to help people." Jack replied. "Besides, normal is bloody boring."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey laughed softly as they reached the pod camouflaged as a cave.

“There are day when I wish I was boring.” Kinsey said as she ran her hand through her hair. “But that girl never existed. That girl never would have left Xenex.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"And that girl never would have met a nerdy scientist, had three beautiful children and the respect of hundreds of Intelligence operatives." Jack said with a smile. "Or three schools, two shuttles, a drink and a dessert named after her."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Wait I’m a dessert?” Kinsey inquired with a raised eye brow. “What do I taste like? Why did no one tell me that?”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Soong's resort has a 'K'n'zy Calhoun' made with homebrew, it's a dark chocolate cake with the boozy saucy layer and cashews crumbled on top, presumably to represent Calhoun." Jack said with a chuckle. "It's not bad, a bit sweet, but if you drink it with homebrew it actually works, don't ask me how. Kinda like us."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Well when we’re back you can take me.” Kinsey said as they stepped into Jack’s pod. “Provided everything hasn’t gone to shit.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"I know... what would they do without us?" Jack said with a roll of his eyes as he followed her in and snapped his fingers to close the door and start the pre-launch sequence. "Still, this was fun... confusing and interesting at the same time, I figured out what the difference in homebrew was." he raised his finger. "The water was filtered through the desert caverns, we make our's with mechanically filtered and purified water. What we're tasting is Xenex itself. I got a little dust in my mouth as we walked up, that's the difference. So quite literally it is made of your home world."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Something i’ll never be able to replicate unless...” Kinsey said trailing off thoughtfully as she walked back to the bedroom to change. “If I opened an operation on Xenex I might be able to replicate the taste. I would have to find a place undisturbed by the Brethren and Tiberius. But it’s possible. I’ll need soil samples and I’ll have to run water analysis. Might even have to relocate to Xenex for awhile until everything is setup.”

When she emerged again she was still deep in thought about the possible expansion of her homebrew business. The possible increase in revenue, expenses, and the chance to go home on a more permanent bases. Kinsey was so lost in thought she almost stepped on Bartyn.

“Jack...why is Clint laying on the floor of your pod?” Kinsey inquired kneeling down next to him and touching his hair. “And what the hell did he do to his hair?”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"That is Bartyn and that bastard killed my grandfather... almost killed some more people." Jack replied as he was shifting the pod for another jump. "Taking him to that spot I prepared for K'n'zy if she ever got to the point where we couldn't safely keep her on Terra Alpha. That old outpost underground that I found ages ago." he said and glanced at Bartyn. "I telepathically knocked him out, he'll be in la la land until I wake him up and we leave. Bastard almost died and I would not have shed a tear but apparently Becca Talon would have gone to a really dark place if she took him out, so... here we are." he said with a sigh. "Feel free to kick him in the balls a few times, apparently he was screwing a version of my mother and a version of you in his reality. Disloyal little psychopath."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius