Reassurances

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Dalahn Stormrage

Reassurances

Post by Dalahn Stormrage »

The transmission was being broadcasted on all RF and subspace frequencies. If your device had a comm unit in it it was being picked up. Not that you couldn't just close the transmission, but it was there for all to see.

Two Narlins were centered in the screen. One was seated upon a throne. To be more specific it was throne of the Narlin Empire. He was huge, even by Narlin standards, and his white hair complimented his pale features.

The other Narlin, a more timid looking individual who was wearing a standard Alliance buisness suit. He keep glancing to the other Narlin and back to the camera.

"My subjects," the seated Narlin spoke. "I come to you this evening with some news. For many of you, you will greet this news with joy in your hearts, and for some there will be great sorrow. Our Empress Kahlina the First is dead. Her treason to the Empire and the Alliance could not continue. For many of you, you know me as the Duke of Tamerale, but, in reality I am Emperor Magus' only living heir. Through deception, and a series of lies your former Empress stole the crown from you. That web of lies has been broken, and your true Emperor, Emperor Dalahn the Eight, has taken to the throne. "

Tamerale stood, and black Cape fell about his feet. He placed a hand on the shoulder of the other Narlin, who gave a terrified jump, "Your Prime Minister here has made the decision to do the best thing he could for the realm, and he and is other ministers in the House of Commons will be stepping down, to allow myself the sole control of our great Empire. And under my rule Narlins will be the new power species of the Quadrant. Not that we harbor any ill-will towards our human cousins. We support the Alliance in all of its forms, and will remain a proud member state. For Narla, for the Empire!"
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale
King of the Five Kingdoms,
Emporor of the Narlin Empire,
Protector of the Weak, and Defender of the Faith.

Arisu Lei

Re: Reassurances

Post by Arisu Lei »

Arisu had done as Kahlina had ordered her to do, she had no idea that Tamerale would just kill her like that. It was all her fault, she kept telling herself, she should have just stayed away and yet, Kahlina was a friend and she was loyal to the Alliance. Now... who knows what will happen to their alliance with Terra Alpha. But for the moment, she had a job to do, get Kahlina's people to safety and not do any more harm.

As she made sure the last of the loyalists were aboard the cloaked ship she had ordered, she took a final look at Taleria and wondered maybe it was time for her family to come to an end as well. During the whole battle, she kept hearing her mother's voice 'never give in, never let the enemy get the upper hand, use whatever you have to win' Anjali Sasyaki-Lei was a strong woman and yet she entirely saw where her sister and now her had gotten her bad habits from. The only one who didn't quite follow her was their middle sister Rumiko, she was more calm. 'Your ego will get you killed someday or others.' she kept telling her older sister and herself. The baby and the older sister more alike than they care to admit.

Perhaps it was time to follow the Lei tradition... her father took out his brother when he was breaking rules and going rogue, perhaps it was time to challenge her sister and if both fell to each other, so be it. Julie had been ready to pass for a long time. Now... she was too. She failed as Director of Homeworld Intelligence. Now she failed as a Jase'dasis. And as a friend.
Arisu Lei
Jase'dasis Warrior & Spy

Ragner Stabarov

Post by Ragner Stabarov »

<Great Hall at the Royal Palace, Talaria>

Fires, and torches bathed the huge room in an orange glow. The ancient pillars shaped like trees ended in stylized branches that made up the ceiling. Electric candles hung from those branches adding to the surreal mystique.

The the head of the hall sat the Narlin throne to which the empire's newest emperor sat. In the center a fire circle recessed into the floor held a cheerful blaze. Around the fire, in a semi-circle, were the dining tables piled high with food, and crowded with celebrating Narlins.

In the back was a lonely table for the overflow. There was no need for anyone to be sitting there, as there were still several seats available at the main table.

Ragner Stabarov was at that single table. His plate untouched, and the pitcher of ale nearly empty. He hunched over the table with his mug in his hand cradling it like a recently found posession.

"Stabarov!" A cheery voice greeted. "Why do you hide yourself over here. We're celebrating. It was you that ensured our victory," a blue skinned nobleman exclaimed.

"Leave me alone Skydancer!" Ragner growled.

"What's the matter with you?" The Narlin demanded.

"Nothing. Now, get the hell out of here."

"You're acting like you actually supported the lying bitch."

Stabarov only glared at Skydancer. After a moment he drained his mug, stood and pushed his way passed Skydancer and found his way outside.

It was a beautiful fall evening with just the right amount of crispness. He scampered down the steps and out the Palace gates where his shuttle was waiting for him. "Take me home Galveen."
Lord Ragner Stabarov
Earl of Cam'kor
General of 3rd Hylon Legionnaires

Golondra Windrunner

Post by Golondra Windrunner »

Golondra found Arisu. It wasn't all that hard aboard the Alliance ship. She had bathed and changed into a light gauzy dress. The sleeves were nearly transparent.

With out being invited she sat down across from Arisu. The former noblewoman had lost everything. Her family was arrested, and her lands seized, but she still held her head high.

After a long silence she spoke, "I saw the speech on the monitor. A brave new old world. The dissolution of the House of Commons is unprecedented. It's been a part of our government for a 1,000 years. Long before we took to the stars. I don't know what an absolute monarchy means."

There was another pause, and silence, but it wasn't awkward like it had been before. Finally she continued, "You saved the child. You know that right? Stormrage couldn't risk a legitimate contender to the throne."
Lady Golondra Windrunner
28th Countess of O'Granell
Earldom of O'Granell
Talaria

Arisu Lei

Post by Arisu Lei »

"But my arrogance still got Kah... the Empress killed." Arisu said softly. "I was reckless. I shouldn't have used the technology I had with me, but I thought it was the only way to save lives... to end the battle. To win." she closed her eyes. "I feel like all they said about my sister and 'how can you trust a Lei, she's just like her sister' I tried not to believe that, but... they were right. I took a page right out of the Julie Lei handbook. Win at all costs, cheat if you have to."
Arisu Lei
Jase'dasis Warrior & Spy

Golondra Windrunner

"Did you know that, that violated the treaty?" She shrugged, "You did what you thought was right. The battle was lost with the arrival of the reinforcements. Maybe the war too."
Lady Golondra Windrunner
Earldom of O'Granell
Talaria

Arisu Lei

Post by Arisu Lei »

"We were on the losing side, was the only way I saw that we could at least have a chance. Didn't even know they were that well armed, thought the swords and old school weapons were just how you did things here." Arisu said with a shake of her head. "Even if I did know... I've been in black ops since I was barely 16. I've helped take down regimes, sometimes treaties are all well and good until you're on the battlefield, people are dying on both sides and it has to end." she closed her eyes. "It's how I'm wired... and maybe it's time for me to go away, attitudes like that formed the Imperium and look how well THAT turned out."
Arisu Lei
Jase'dasis Warrior & Spy

Golondra Windrunner

"They were that well armed because they were hoping, and looking for an excuse to do exactly what they did. We all had phasers of some sort with us, but we weren't prepared to use them."

She sighed and shook her head, "Do you know why that treaty was created? Back during the Gorvan Civil War both sides used our most advanced weapons. Chemical, and biological, it didn't matter. Antimatter bombs were just like tossing seeds into the soil. Before the war our combined populations were 112 billion spread over twenty planets. After the war there were only five habitable worlds left in the empire. 20 million survived the war. Another 15 million died from starvation, accidents, and disease since the end of that war. The Gorvan were even worse off. 110,000 survivors, and we don't know what happened to them since. Modern warfare nearly left us extinct."
Lady Golondra Windrunner
Earldom of O'Granell
Talaria

Arisu Lei

Post by Arisu Lei »

"Ah but did you have a shadowy black ops organization quietly taking out leadership and key players in the background?" Arisu said and pulled her knees to her chest. "We use examples of other planets that have had near apocalypses like that as justification for what we do. Better to kill a hundred of the right people than a million innocents. Better to kill off the few to save the many." she closed her eyes. "No matter how hard it hurts. Of all the blood spilled around me both on my own hands and by the hands of others around me... Kahlina's is the blood that I feel will never wash off." she looked at Lady Windrunner. "Why are you trying to make me feel better?"
Arisu Lei
Jase'dasis Warrior & Spy

Golondra Windrunner

"I am not. Only stating the obvious. What happened... What happened was a blessing of Narla. It doesn't seem that way, but instead of poisoning the soil it was fed, and the innocent, and our young were never in harm's way. It's a bloody and distasteful way to kill. Up close and personal like that, but maybe now Narlins will be more hesitant to pick up the sword. I have lost everything for defying the Emperor. My family imprisoned, my lands seized, and I am in exile, but the people I care about the most will live to thrive, and create the next generation of Narlins."
Lady Golondra Windrunner
Earldom of O'Granell
Talaria