It Was Just a Quiet Morning

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Selene Cross

Re: It Was Just a Quiet Morning

Post by Selene Cross »

“Then I think that’s even more of a reason to find them.” Selene said matter of fact. “Clint?”

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"Let's get to the Compound's medical center, it's where they took Bella and Jon... " Clint said as he turned away from the wreckage of their old home.
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence
Codename: Hawkeye/Hawkguy

Selene Cross

Post by Selene Cross »

Selene took Clint’s hand and squeezed it tight as they walked to their shuttle. She knew his mind was on Bella and Jon so was hers. She was also work on ways to make !
Bartyn pay and whoever had helped him. Selene just hoped for Clint’s sake it hadn’t actually been Solara.

Helena Vogel

Post by Helena Vogel »

Meanwhile in the Compound's Medical Center --

Dr. Vogel and her team were working furiously trying to save both Jon and Bella's lives, Bella was in the worst shape, a very large piece of armored door was embedded in her abdomen. Nurses worked hard to keep the loss of blood and the other organs from failing while they removed it using a combination of transporters and a special medical replicator that created a special mesh inside of her to keep things in place. But there were so many bits of glass and wood in her flesh. Jon was the same way, hundreds of shards of console glass in his skin, isolinear chips in the muscles of his right leg, the knee was twisted around. Both were hanging on by threads but they were both fighters.

Nearly an hour later --

Vogel walked out of the operating theater and saw Clint and Selene. "I've got good news, bad news and... ehh... iffy news."
Dr. Helena Vogel
Presidential Compound Medical

Selene Cross

Post by Selene Cross »

“Clint.” Selene said softly when she saw the doctor. Kaitlyn was asleep in her arms and Coulson was laying by her feet alert. “What is it?” She inquired.

Helena Vogel

Post by Helena Vogel »

"Good news, they're both resting... mostly comfortably." Dr. Vogel said and sighed. "They'll probably need some more treatments later, but for now they're out of the woods, so to speak. Mrs. Price... she was very touch and go, Dr. Singh managed to help with some of the repair, but unfortunately it's unlikely she'll be able to conceive a child in the future, there was so much damage there. We could almost build a computer out of what we pulled out of the President and First Lady." she sighed. "The bad news... we're going to need to keep Isabella in the medical center for observation for a while, the burn damage is not going to be an easy fix, nor will some of the muscle damage in her abdomen. It may be extensive rehab before she'll be able to really operate the way she did. The President, he's going to need a brace for his leg that will take some time to heal. They're in pretty bad shape... and the iffy news... we couldn't find their wedding rings."
Dr. Helena Vogel

Selene Cross

Post by Selene Cross »

Selene held Clint’s hand and squeezed it gently.

“They’re alive is what matters. The rings can be replaced.” Selene said and glanced at Clint. “Clint said he thought Jon mentioned she was pregnant.”

Helena Vogel

Post by Helena Vogel »

"Was being the operative term. The part of that door that embedded itself into her... there was no way to save the baby, in fact, we're probably going to have go back in and rearrange some of her organs just to ensure things go back to how they should be. Of all the injuries she's sustained since she's come to this timeline, this was by the far the worst." Vogel sighed and shook her head. "They're both fighters, they both hung in there longer than we thought. Your father is quite the medical genius... for now they're in these recovery pods, knitting bones and tissue back, so I would probably just let them rest until at least tomorrow. If we let them wake up they're probably going to go into shock."
Dr. Helena Vogel

Selene Cross

Post by Selene Cross »

Selene nodded squeezing Clint’s hand tighter.

“Thank you Doctor. Please let us know if you need anything.” Selene said with a small smile. “I’m a universal donar and Clint and Bella share the same blood type.”

Helena Vogel

Post by Helena Vogel »

"We may need it." Vogel said and nodded her head. "They both lost a lot of blood and we're going to need to operate a few more times on them, but... I wanted to tell you that they're both alive and hopefully will recover fully well... almost fully... it'll just take time."

"Still good news." Clint said with a smile. "Great even and yes please... take my blood, whatever you need."

"How do you feel about... a skin graft?" Vogel winced. "Dermal regenerator did manage to heal up most of the burn damage but there is still some that a graft would at least give the tissue more of a chance to heal properly."

"I've got a lot of skin, take what you need." Clint offered. "She's my daughter, I would do anything for her."

"I can see that." Vogel smiled and nodded her head. "In the meantime... it might be a good idea to get the Vice President as the Acting President, this was far more than a simple remove debris and dermal regenerator job, I'm... recommending that the President and First Lady be on both bed rest and in a chair for a while. Singh thinks he can speed up the process but again... it's going to take time."

"Which is a luxury we can afford when it comes to them." Noonian said as he walked into the waiting room. "Isabella has nothing but good things to say about Malcolm, he will take care of things just fine during their recovery, as will his new bride T'Kir... "

"You're done already?" Helena looked at him in shock.

"I have done all I can do for today for them, but let them rest. That means you too Clint." Noonian shook his finger at him. "Selene... I tried as hard as I could to save their child... but there was nothing I could do. She was only about three weeks, maybe a little less. I think she may not have believed it herself."

"She surely didn't see any of my staff here." Helena added. "If she found out, she took a home test."
Dr. Helena Vogel