It Was Just a Quiet Morning

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Isabella price

It Was Just a Quiet Morning

Post by Isabella price »

It was still early in the morning when Bella made her way downstairs dressed only in a silk robe. They were into the second day of their day off and so far Jon had done everything in power to distract her from Bartyn and Solara. The more she thought about it the more she regretted putting Solara in that situation. Asking her to slip into his mind was a mistake and could have gone terribly wrong had Jonas not been there. They both had a right to hate her but she had her reasons for pushing just no one knew about them yet, not even John.

Bella smiled as she walked into the kitchen, her hand on her stomach. She still hadn't worked out how she wanted to tell him she was pregnant. It was still early and anything could happen. Her grand father still needed to be told and he would need to run tests. There were a thousands things that would happen once she uttered those words. Right now she just wanted to enjoy it before it became a thing.

"No one will leave us alone." She whispered as she placed the tea kettle on the stove.

While the water heated she picked up her padd sitting on the edge of the counter. Bella powered it on but turned it off before she could read the first alert. No work they had promised each other laying in a tangle of sheets the night after Bartyn showed up. The Alliance would survive without them for two days Jon had promised her. Agreeing had been hard but when he started kissing that spot on her neck she couldn't refuse him.

The tea kettle whistled as Bella layed the pad back on the counter and pulled down two mugs. She turned off the water and dropped two tea bags in then filled them with water. She inhaled the rich scent of Earl Grey, savoring what would be her last cup.

"Tea's ready," Bella called up as she picked up both mugs and started back toward the stairs.
First Lady Isabella Price

Jonathan Price

Re: It Was Just a Quiet Morning

Post by Jonathan Price »

"Oh good." Jon said as he was going through the boxes of clothes that Angel and Nick had given him, there were neatly folded and pressed suits and shirts, a whole box of new ties. A few weeks prior someone made a comment in the news that Jon had been wearing the same ten ties, there were even drinking games around which tie he would wear. So he thought he'd have some fun with them and Nick had sent over a whole box of ties that were gifts and ones he bought but never wore. He imagined with having four kids and an untold number of assistants, ties were a default gift. But few people ever gave him things like that. Cufflinks on the other hand, he had so many he started donating them for raffles and he still had a few dozen. And he hated French cuffs with a passion, but it was almost 'required of a gentleman of his status' so he wore them. Even had regular shirt buttons replaced with fancy buttons to look like cuff links. It was the 25th Century and his wardrobe was still stuck in the 20th. "I think this one would look nice with that pink blouse of your's." he picked out a tie with a fancy purple swirl. "You could entirely 'rock' a tie dear. At least give people an easy out when they look at your chest."
Jonathan "Jon" William Price
3rd President of Terra Alpha

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

“Or maybe just the tie.” She offered with a wiggle of her eyebrows as she handed him the cup of tea and took the tie. “Oh yes It would do nicely.” She added drapping it around her neck.

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

"Oh yeah... that suits you just perfectly." he said and cocked his head. "God you're beautiful. I like the robe." Jon said as he took a sip of the tea. "Could wear it for that photo shoot that lifestyle magazine booked us for. They seem to like showing a bit of skin, which I don't mind. Look at the one Nicholas and Alice did? Very tasteful, yet sexy. May as well do those kinds of things while we're still young enough to pull it off." he sighed happily. "Technically this isn't work talk, we haven't done a shoot together since before... the incident. Should be fun, the artist that does the styling is amazing. Maybe even something on the grounds or in the house. I feel like your father would have a future as an architect if people saw his work." he kissed her neck and smiled. "So what shall we disguise ourselves as when we go to brunch? I was thinking a mustache for myself, maybe black hair and a nose ring for you." he teased. "No one bothers the goth girl and the hipster."

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

Bella laughed softly, “Or we could stay in and invite my grandfather over. We haven’t had brunch with him in awhile.”

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

"That's an idea..." Jon nodded is head in agreement. "Wonder how much sleep he's gotten with little Nora." he chuckled lightly. "Sure, may as well call him here, we can stay in. I don't feel like wearing a wig today anyway."

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

Bella laughed again as she took a sip of her tea.

“I told you not to let Dad pick out your wigs.” Bella said as she sat her mug on the dresser. “Jon...there’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you. I...I just haven’t figured out a good way. I...”

Bella trailed off as she walked over to the balcony doors and nervously twisted her fingers. She didn’t know why all of a sudden she was so damn nervous it wasn’t like they hadn’t talked about it before.

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

Jon took another sip of his tea and raised an eyebrow. "Bella luv... just tell me. We don't keep secrets you know... well, other than birthday presents."

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

She turned back to face him biting her lower lip.

“I’m pregnant.” She blurted out.

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

Jon's eyes lit up. "You're pregnant?!" he went closer to her and looked at her. "How long have you known? Oh my... I was quite vigorous the other night..." Jon laughed and embraced her. "I can't believe it!"