Running

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Clint Cross

Re: Running

Post by Clint Cross »

"And when have I not?" Clint replied. "When haven't I cared about you? You asked for space, I gave you space."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence
Codename: Hawkeye/Hawkguy

Solara

Post by Solara »

“Space?” Solara snorted as she got to her feet careful to not step out of the cell and away from the inhibitor. “Where were you after Dominus? Giving me space? If it had been Bella you wouldn’t have left her side. You’re only here now because you think I worked with Bartyn.”

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"Oh that's a crock and you know it." Clint replied. "I called, you weren't exactly in the mood for visitors, if you called me... I'd be there. If you said you needed me I'd be there. You didn't HAVE to go to Bartyn to get some twisted daddy issues out." he sighed. "Look, you screwed up... "

"Clint, lay off her man." Jonas said as he woke up. "She probably feels like shit... stunned in the middle of the street like punks... "

"Yeah because you didn't answer your comms, thought the worst. Not like we haven't take some serious hits of late. Jon and Bella were nearly killed, our home was nearly blown up by Bartyn, Trinity Talon is still missing. Dominus's buddy Bellatrix wants an Erebus and ol' Nick Ryder is giving the ship to her. We lost a lot of good people... and oh yeah... the Narlin Empress, our old friend Kahlina Starbreeze was killed. Everything's going to hell... and the last thing I Need is my daughter involved in all this."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence

Solara

Post by Solara »

“I wanted to know where Dominus was and...” Solara trailed off as she sat back down on the cot. “I liked what I saw in his mind...he and K’n’zy. I always wondered what life would be like if you’d been around. But I’m more like Bartyn then you.”

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"Maybe, but not for lack of us caring." Clint said and crossed his arms. "Where were you two heading?"
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence

Solara

Post by Solara »

“Any where but here.” Solara replied glancing over at Jonas as she twisted her engagement ring around her finger. “We wanted a change. I’m tired of Bella using me as a tool.”

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"Fair enough." Clint said as he looked at her hand. "Engagement ring huh?" he looked at Jonas and pointed his finger at him. "You take care of her, you love her and you do not fuck it up or I will hunt you down."

"So I take it that's your twisted way of saying 'I approve'?" Jonas said with a snort.

"Yeah... and seriously... lay off the Whiskey." Clint said as he reached into his pocket and gave her his cred chip. "Don't let it be said that I never gave you anything, love, concern, comfort." he sighed. "Selene isn't going to like it that I just let you go but... she knows my girls are my weakness. And you are my daughter. Not Bartyn. You may be like him, but you're my blood."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence

Solara

Post by Solara »

Solara took the cred chip and turned it over and over. She considered refusing, she didn’t need his money.

“He’s still in my head.” Solara said softly instead.

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"Talk to Cece... she'll help you. Strongest telepath we have outside of Jack that knows things." Clint said. "I know you don't want her in your head, but it may get him out."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence

Solara

Post by Solara »

Solara shook her head she wasn’t ready to let someone into mind not after the things she’d been through.

“I’ll work it out.” Solara said as she stood again and smiled at Jonas. “We’ll work it out.”

Solara stepped out of the cell to go to Jonas, a smile on her face. The second she cleared the cell voice slammed their way into her mind. The guard, Eli, Jonas, and her father in addition to all the people in the compound. Solara clamped her hands over her ears as if it could muffle the sound and sank to her knees.