Corruption of the Innocent

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Ashley Walker

Re: Corruption of the Innocent

Post by Ashley Walker »

Her jaw nearly hit the floor and she started backing out the room, "The Ajem are evil!"

"Ms. Walker," Abby started. There was a commanding tone to it that demanded obedience. "Do we seem evil? He either of us done anything that isn't for the betterment of the Alliance? The Jase'dasis think they are the sole holders of truth and virtue, but they missed the mark by a mile. Could you become one of them? Not usually. Have they spoken to you? Has their pet come and said 'Oh please Ashley join us.' No! Why? Because you are a threat to them. Once you learn the truth, and oh yes you will learn the truth. When that day comes you will become more powerful than Master Gundlay. You might just be the most powerful ijulna user in the entire galaxy."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Victoria Underwood

Post by Victoria Underwood »

"And the Jase have this 'thing' about only training the young... 'you're too old'. I was twenty six..." Victoria rolled her eyes. "Although the Ryder clan... incredibly adept at using the Iljuna, only because of Nick and his bestie the formerly dead Rebecca Sandoval they would be trained. But you... you're not a Ryder nor are you even family. The Jase would just ignore your power. They would make you feel like you are incapable. I think you could find great satisfaction." she said and sat on the arm of Abbygale's chair. "Evil... 'good' all in the eye of the beholder. Abbygale and I are in a loving relationship... some would consider that 'evil' in and of itself. We do trust you'll keep THAT under your hat, of course, I think we shouldn't hide it. I'm not ashamed to be in love with someone like Abby."
Tori Thorne aka Victoria Thorne-Underwood
Former Governor of New Georgia - Former Ajem'dasis

Abbygale Porter

Post by Abbygale Porter »

"Well, to be fair they had Ja'larin as a sponsor," Abby said. "I don't think they would have been accepted if not for her."

"I... I... I gotta go. I can't be a part of this," Ashley stammered. She turned and pushed her way out the front door.

Abby smiled, and gave Victoria a knowing smile.

Victoria Underwood

"Ashley..." Victoria said as she used the iljuna to close the door. "What scares you so? The power we both possess or the lies you have been told about the Ajem? You've read the books... you already seem to understand there are two sides to this. Think about it dear..." she approached her and held her out her hand. "I can sense that all your life you have been lead to believe your power is a curse, it made you a freak. It ostracized you from your friends, your family, even your country. How many years did Dominus treat you as nothing but a warm set of holes, mocking your power with his own? Threatening the lives of others if you so much dared as lift a finger? They have all done nothing but hold you back, restrained you. I simply want to let you be free. Free to express yourself. Free to embrace who you really are. Do you think it has been easy for Abbygale and I to have to hide who we are? She may not possess our power, but she has a power all her own. Ashley... have either of us had anything but your best interest at heart? Abbygale is the sweetest soul I have ever met. She knows a kindred spirit when she sees one."

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

"But, the Ajem are evil! One killed the Admiral... or at least tried to."

"Ashley don't be daft," Abby cried. "A few bad apples don't mean the lot is rotten."

"But.."

"No buts okay? Only honesty. You need the acceptance that we can only offer you."

"So you are Ajem? Her apprentice?"

Abby shook her head, "Unfortunately the gift of manipulating the ijulna was not grated to me." She shrugged, "That said it allows Victoria and myself to act as true partners. Not peers, but we each give the other what the other lacks."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Victoria Underwood

"But I am looking for a suitable apprentice." Victoria said as she stood next to Abbygale. "I think we could work together just beautifully. You need someone to mentor you, to teach you, help you be the best you that you can be. I ask nothing in return. As for the Ajem that killed an Admiral, that one no longer exists. You see Ashley... we're here to support you. The Jase will fear your power and try to control you. I want to let you explore the full range of what you are."

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

Weeping she approached Victoria and kneeled before, "I can see clearly now, master. Teach me what you can."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Victoria Underwood

Victoria smiled and touched her hair. "Rise Princess... you and I are going to be very good friends. Now... I heard that your sister is on Terra Alpha looking to take you home for a visit. I think it's a wonderful idea... I can give you some texts and holograms to read and absorb on your trip." she walked around her and helped her up. "I'm not one for bowing, a simple nod will suffice, but of course with your royal upbringing... I do have a couple of small favors to ask of you. Nothing bad, I assure you. Well... depending on if one of the 'Bad Girls of House Windsor' give two shits about import and export law. Our President was attacked, I would like it very much if you could bring a nice sizable quantity of real English tea and perhaps a real English tea set. Remind him of home. Given that he recently lost his. And the second favor... support your sister. Bite your tongue if you need to, but ensure she has what she needs to regain power. We could use an ally like her on Earth. And... when you return, we'll begin your training in earnest."

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

"Would it be out of place to ask why?" Ashley asked.
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Victoria Underwood

"Why to which? The tea and tea set or the helping your sister?" Victoria said as she refilled her glass. "We have precious few allies on Earth, the Imperium took care of that, and as the Prices are the reigning power couple around here, keeping in their good graces is important. I mean, my late husband did try to kill Isabella Price."