Corruption of the Innocent

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Ashley Walker

Corruption of the Innocent

Post by Ashley Walker »

<New Georgia>

Ashley looked around the ornate parlor while Abby looked up from her book when she entered.

Smiling she crossed the room and gave Ashley a friendly hug, "Well, ain't you a sight for sure eyes! Come in! Come in! Have a seat darlin. Can I interest you in some tea?"

Ashley returned the smile, and sat down. "I would love some tea please. One lump, and a dash of milk if you don't mind."

Abby glanced over her shoulder and smirked, "Bless your heart darlin' it's not that kind of tea."

To Ashley's astonishment Abby filled two hurricane glasses with ice and topped them off with a brownish liquid from a clear pitcher.

"You have a lovely home here," Ashley observed.

"It belongs to a close friend of mine."

"Mrs. Underwood?"

Abby handed Ashley the tea wirh a nod, and returned to her seat, "It is her's. I must also apologize. I sometimes forget that us Southerners do tend to do things a bit differently. Northerners don't pre add sugar to their tea. If you ask me that's just down right foolish."

Ashley smiled politely and took a sip of the tea, and it took all she could to hide her revulsion. It was so sweet!

"So, how goes me campaign?"

Ashley was thankful for the opportunity and set her glass down, "It goes very well. You are up another four points."

"I knew you would have a keen political mind. And have you read the text I gave you?"

"I have. It's very interesting."

"I thought so too. The Ajem aren't evil like the Jase'dasis want others to believe. Have there been rotten apples? Absolutely. Sidious, and Frank Underwood to name a few, but there have been bad Jase as well. I bet you won't here that from them."

"I would imagine not. But, how is it that you know so much about the Ajem?"

"Sun Tzu said that if you know your enemy as yourself then you cannot be defeated... or at least something to that effect."

Ashley nodded, "I think I understand."

"So, Ms. Ashley what brings you out here? I can't be for you to tell me I'm up in the polls."

"That's correct... Um... Well, my sister requires my presence on Earth."

"Does that mean you are moving back there?"

"No.. no. It is a temporary visit of a personal nature. I intend to return."

"Well, we are in the slow part of the campaign cycle. Too early for the primary's and too long after the announcement. I think we can manage with out you for a bit."

"I thank you ma'm."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Victoria Underwood

Re: Corruption of the Innocent

Post by Victoria Underwood »

Victoria walked in from the garage entrance and was glad she thought to reach out with her senses and find out if anyone else was in the house besides Abby. Although what a sight for the 'proper British girl' to see this mature Southern Belle in sheer black underwear and six inch heels. Still, she knew better than to be THAT overt. Her meetings went well and she was actually in a rather good mood.

"Ah Miss Walker, a pleasure to finally see you here. I was afraid Abbygale was somehow ashamed of letting people know she stays here more often than not. Big house for little old me is just silly, needs to be shared." Victoria said and extended her hand. "So what brings you here? I was just about to order dinner, I insist you stay."
Tori Thorne aka Victoria Thorne-Underwood
Former Governor of New Georgia - Former Ajem'dasis

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

"Madam Governor," Ashley greeted with her best court bow. "It is an honor to meet you."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Victoria Underwood

"I feel like I should be the one bowing to you Lady Walker. I must say you are lovelier in person than in those paparazzi photos." Victoria said with a smile. "So how IS my Abbygale treating you? Not working you too hard I hope?"

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

"The paparazzi can mind their own bloody buisness," she said with a bitter tone. "As far as Senator Porter goes, she is treating me well. She has even taken to teaching me a few things I missed out on while prisoner. Especially how misunderstood the Ajem'dasis are. It's all quite fascinating."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Victoria Underwood

"I'm glad. They are fascinating people aren't they?" Victoria said with a smile as she glanced at Abbygale. "One must be informed of one's enemies and allies and how the lines between the two can be... blurred." she said as she poured herself a glass of sweet tea. "Although it's dreadful how much you missed out on. Must have come as quite a shock that the old Federation fell. Of course, I saw that coming for years, too myopic, didn't change with the times. The Alliance, even with it's growing pains, at least is a step in the right direction. Of course without careful handling, it will be just like the Federation and we will have to do this all over again."

Abbygale Porter

Post by Abbygale Porter »

"We mustn't forget that the Federation had the same lofty goals. Entropy is the way of this reality," Abby replied. "Like the Federation, and the British and Roman Empires before it the Alliance will crumble into history."

"Britain still exists," Ashley said definitely.

"It does, but not as it was. Hell it's not even independent either. It's just part of Earth which is part of the Terran Imperium," Abby countered. "What Henry VIII created, and Victoria grew no longer exists. Only a tourist attraction remains in Buckingham."

Victoria Underwood

"That's why people like us must not fall too deeply into patriotism, if all we care about is a plot of land or a flag, that's not really worth our lives. What does matter is the legacy. As much as my late husband and I fought against the Ryders in the election, I do have a tremendous amount of respect for them. They saw this quadrant through a period of great upheaval and for as wealthy and powerful as they are, they do try to help people. I cannot deny that a first couple that spent a month trudging through sewers and ram shackle outskirt towns setting up schools and computer equipment and infrastructure on their own, no media, no real agenda other than they're just do gooders. I respect that. However, they do still tend to think in rather black and white terms. If you're not with them, you're against them. Middle ground is tenuous at best." Victoria said and took a sip of her tea. "Now we do live in rather exciting times... your sister is about to be crowned Queen... which is more ceremonial than actual power, although I suspect she wishes it were true, does she not? Well... why not make it true? Emperor Kaikoa Lei, while a strong leader, much like his mother, he is also a... 'good guy', and a man trying to forge his own legacy. I suspect, if he is... handled the right way. Your Britain could become Sovereign. You may not rule the whole planet, but... as I recall at one point, you had an Empire."

Victoria walked next to Abbygale and put her hand on her shoulder. "I know you hate your sister, or at least... your have a very strained relationship, but perhaps we could assist her in her goals. We have some... powerful friends. If she's happy, then you will not need to spend any more time than you need to in her presence and you can return to doing something that matters to you. You're a strong, mature woman... no one should dictate to you what you should be doing. For too long you had no agency, no freedom. You have much more within you than you realize."

Ashley Walker

Post by Ashley Walker »

"Within me,?" Ashley asked.

Abby glanced at Victoria, "Shall we show her? Perhaps it is time for her to embrace her true destiny."
HRH Princess Ashley
Countess of Harewood
House of Windsor

Victoria Underwood

Victoria smiled and nodded her head as she hiked up the hemline of her skirt and removed the kilden she kept strapped to her leg."You see Ashley... I am an Ajem'dasis. Not as cruel or violent as my late husband. He trained me, tried to make me into something that suited him. Like a man would." she chuckled. "It took quite a while and the right conditions to finally break out of his hold. Abbygale helped me. I don't think I have to exactly spell out what she and I are. You're a bright woman. When she told me about you, how you seemed to have a command of the Iljuna, I knew we had to keep you close. Too long men have tried to tell you what to do, define you. Use you and your power for their goals and their needs." she used the iljuna to float a flower from a vase. "The Jase would try to teach you to be serene, to simply let things take their course. When things took their course, you were captured and abused. They think passion is a bad thing, that attachments distract. I see the opposite, passion is what keeps us going, emotions, attachments give us something to protect. To try not to lose. I think you are more powerful and stronger than you realize."