A Gilded Cage is Still a Prison

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Bellatrix

A Gilded Cage is Still a Prison

Post by Bellatrix »

The stateroom aboard the ISS Vendicator was lavish, even by Starfleet standards. It was broken into three rooms offering the occupant a lifestyle that nearly mirrored a home. The main room had a full kitchen with a dining and seating arrangement, then a bedroom with a full jacuzzi bath. Bellatrix sat at the edge of the marble counter.

"I hope that you will find these accommodations comfortable," she said to Trinity. The last time these quarters were used the Telosian King used them. Of course it was a one way trip. Unfortunately he didn't feel compelled to sign the treaty. I'll have the doctor come by later and make sure you are doing fine after your barbarous treatment. For my involvement I am truly sorry. You should be happy to know that your friend Tereska make it home."
Lady Bellatrix of the Ajem'dasis
Consort of Dominus

Trinity Talon

Re: A Gilded Cage is Still a Prison

Post by Trinity Talon »

"I'd be happier if you let us all go. I still have no idea why you kept me. It's not like I'm that easy to manipulate... although after what the 'Artist' did to me... I'd have done anything but I'm not THAT broken." Trinity said as she looked around the stateroom. "So what did my mother offer that you turned down? I'm pretty sure she would have given you something worth quite a bit more, or at least would let you achieve your goals, more than a Colonel that has no intention of being your 'good little soldier'."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Bellatrix

Post by Bellatrix »

Bellatrix shrugged, "She offered me the Independence." She shrugged and went to the replicator. "Coffee: black."

The device hummed and a cup appeared. Bellatrix took a sip and sighed contentedly. "Took me fifteen years to get that recipe correct. Still is a touch off. Oh well, beggars can't be choosy."
Consort of Dominus

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Holy shit..." Trinity chuckled. "You should have taken it. That's Grandpa Nick's second favorite ship, but the one he's most proud of. In my timeline, someone's ship, some freighter or whatever lost RCS control in space dock, completely sheared through the engineering section. He was crushed, for YEARS he would talk about that. Course if you did take her, he'd probably come back for it personally." she sighed. "Still really didn't answer my question. If you think I'm even half an Iljuna user... it took me a month to learn to ride a horse, I may be part augment, but I have the coordination of a penguin."

Bellatrix

Post by Bellatrix »

"Let's just say my Spidey senses were tingling. They were far to willing to give up their best prizes. Besides I don't need it." She reached into her robes and pulled out the black disk and tossed it to Trinity. "I have the plans to the Independence, Erebus, Choctaw, Seraphim, and Kitea, along with exabytes of other information. Most of it's encrypted, but I have faith that my Tony Ryder will be able to decrypt it."
Consort of Dominus

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Still have to actually build them for it to be useful." Trinity said and ran her finger across the replicator. "Still, don't you think to them, I'm worth it? Although it's not like we don't have a track record of retrieving our people and tech eventually. How many starbases have we blown to hell just this year? I'm sure your boyfriend Dominus is getting really tired of losing bases." she chuckled lightly. "Oh and word of advice, don't try to recreate our AI systems. I made the mistake of trying to do that because I needed another AI for my shuttle... " she pulled out two of her fingernails on her remaining good hand. 'Blew off the tips of my fingers when the virus dad and Tony built in reacted badly. Sometimes I don't really listen too well. Guess that's why I'm a Marine." she said with a smirk.

Bellatrix

Post by Bellatrix »

"I'm certain Tony will figure something out," Bellatrix said confidently. "And yes, Dominus is tired of losing bases. That's why I'm still alive. And, of course my dear you are worth what they offered. They were far too willing to part with them. They were banking that I shared Dominus' greed, and wouldn't be able to see the trap they laid out for me. Don't worry I won't use this tech against the Alliance. I could never hope to defeat your people. Dominus will fail, and when he does I'll not be at his side. Until then I require his resources, and to ensure his continued support I must be his good little soldier."
Consort of Dominus

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"So you're screwing him in more ways than one. Interesting play." Trinity said as she crossed her arms. "I will be utterly honest with you, I don't like or trust you BUT if you've even got a sliver of the woman I know and DO love, then I believe you. I won't be a pawn and really the only importance to them is me. My husband would give up anything to have me back. Of course I don't plan on leaving until I kill the Artist. I miscarried. That's where all the extra blood came from. So when it's time, I'm doing some artwork of my own on a far more sensitive body part. Course, I had a feeling that it wouldn't go full term, no future version of her showed up yet. Not that it means anything." she ordered up a Whiskey. "I won't really 'help' you, but if keeping me gives you some perverse joy, then I will sit here and drink and eat. I haven't gained more than three pounds since I was 15... hope the replicator has plenty of biomatter."

Bellatrix

Post by Bellatrix »

"Miscarred huh? Well, like I said I'll have my doctor come in and check on you. I made a promise to your mother after all. You wouldn't be harmed, and if you died in my care then I would be breaking my word. You'll learn that about me Colonel. I always keep my word. Regrettable that I made that particular promise to your mother, but oh well."
Consort of Dominus

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Yeah wouldn't want to have me die on you before you figure out what use I am." Trinity said and sighed. "Look, all I want is to get back to my ranch. It was a mistake to take the job as Ethan's XO. I think I was flattered and spurred on by my mother record." she took a sip of her drink. "When was the last time you had a real steak, real berries and most velvety cream you've ever tasted?"