Even The Strong Must Fall

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Bartyn

Even The Strong Must Fall

Post by Bartyn »

Bartyn had spent the better part of two days hunting Julie Lei, he wanted to bring her head to Dominus and Lady Bellatrix as a sign of his loyalty and that he was their best assassin. Better than even his counterparts in this reality. They were soft, weak, they lacked his edge.They had domesticated, he would never be that way. He attacked the first couple to prove that no one was safe. He quietly murdered a number of people and left their bodies all over, as a way of instilling fear. But he wanted the prize, he wanted to best Julie Lei in singular combat.

"That is quite far enough Bartyn." a woman with a thick accent said over the whine of a disruptor. "You will not get what you are looking for today, so you had better get back on your shuttle and run with your tail tucked between your legs to Dominus."

"I'm not here for you old woman, I'm here for your daughter." Bartyn said without turning around.

"You think I care about what you want?" Anjali Sasyaki said with a cold glare. "You should know by now that the women in my family do not bend or simply bend over and let any man take what they wish of them. I tell you again leave now with your testicles intact."

"You have fight, I like that." Bartyn said with a smirk as he touched a button inside his glove and a small drone decloaked and fired a stun blast at her. "Like I said, I want your daughter, you can watch."

Julie stepped out and unsheathed her blade. "Shoot a woman in the back... at least you're predictable." she said and took an offensive posture. "You really think you're going to be the one to punch my ticket Bartyn? Better men than you have tried and each have had their blood tasted by my blade."

"Oh I know I'm better the man... and don't worry, your blade will drink some blood... won't be mine." Bartyn said as he ordered his drone to fire, but Julie quickly threw a small explosive throwing star at it, causing it to explode in mid air. "Close up it is." he drew his own dagger and lunged at her.

Julie deflected the attack, but was surprised when he deployed spring loaded blades from the cuff of his gloves and drew blood from her arm. Then he stamped his heel and a small explosive gel deployed where he struck the ground, putting her in just the right position for it to explode and send her backwards. As she struck the ground, she tried to recover, but he caught her by her hair and twisted her around and shoved her face first to the floor.

"Not that you're slow 'Empress' it's that you don't trust the Iljuna like I do." Bartyn said coldly as he broke her nose and put his foot on her back and pulled her neck back with her hair. "Now let's relieve you of that blade." he ignited his kilden with a speed that almost defied description, it was so quick and smooth and sudden that it was only milliseconds between activation of the blade and her arm being sliced off. "Any last words..." he used the iljuna to pick her up, and had her face him. "Not that I care."

Julie spat at him and gave him a defiant to the end glare. "You're going to die sooner than later."

"After you, I insist." Bartyn said with a smirk and twisted her neck until she was literally looking behind herself and then used his kilden to sever her head. Grabbing it with the iljuna before it hit the ground he looked into her dying eyes. "Ladies first of course, I'm not a total barbarian." he laughed and shoved her head into a duffel bag he had slung behind his back and picked up her sword and plunged it into her body, going through the heart, causing it to erupt in a small shower of blood. "And so ends Empress Lei's story." he chuckled and walked toward his shuttle.

"Not... by... a... long shot." Anjali said as she staggered to her knees and wept over her fallen daughter's body.
Bartyn the Ronin

Rebecca Talon

Re: Even The Strong Must Fall

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Four klidens activated in the dark, blue, green, and a pair of yellow. Rebecca stepped from the shadows her blade bathing her face in azure. Two Jase'dasis Knights flanked her on either side, both were Cardassian, one male, one female. The female was dual wielding twin yellow klidens.

"I doubt that will be the last we hear from Julie Lei, Bartyn. I doubt that very much indeed," Rebecca said evenly.

Bartyn

Post by Bartyn »

"I dunno... her head in a bag over my shoulder kinda shuts her up for good now doesn't it?" Bartyn said as he looked Becca in the eye. "Your counterpart enjoys seeing her lifeless face. My work is done here. Stand aside or I'll add a few more to the bag."
Bartyn the Ronin

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Oh my goodness. Are you saying we got all dressed up for nothing?" She fluttered her eyelashes mocking way. Her expression suddenly hardening, "I cannot let you go Bartym. Half the Alliance is looking for you."

Bartyn

Post by Bartyn »

"What's the other half doing? Scratching their balls?" Bartyn said with a smirk as he ignited his own kilden. "Now I wasn't paid to kill you lot... but I could make an exception for a freebie."
Bartyn the Ronin

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"That's hilarious... you're out numbered by like... a lot." Clint said as he arrived with a special arrow already nocked in his bow. "Aww man... you killed Lei... that sucks. You realize how many office pools that I lost. No idea how you managed to escape don't even care... but you're going into a deep dark hole. You almost killed my daughter. That doesn't give you a pass." he looked his counterpart in the eyes. "I have no problem killing you, even if you look like me with a really bad haircut."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence
Codename: Hawkeye/Hawkguy

Anjali Sasyaki

Post by Anjali Sasyaki »

"Enough talk." Anjali said as she tapped a small gem on a ring on her finger. "Good bye Mr. Bartyn." she said coldly as a dozen small cloaked Miki units activated and opened fire on him. "You kill my daughter. I kill you. That is how it works."
Agent Anjali Sasyaki-Lei
SHIELD Strike Team Leader
"Queen of the Snakepit"

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"No one is killing anyone," Rebecca intervened. "If we murder him we are no better than him. Stand down Bartym. Last chance!" Rebecca approached him, kliden at the ready. Her companions spreading out.

Bartyn

Post by Bartyn »

"You really want to take me alive?" Bartyn laughed and shook his head. "Silly wabbit, mind tricks are for kids!" he said as he used the Iljuna to turn the Miki's around and with his kilden sliced their holographic projectors in half, then used those shards to penetrate the skulls of two of the Jase'dasis that were with Sandoval. With a quick stroke of his blade, he sliced off about four inches of Becca's long red hair and her robe's hood. "Mourn your dead." he said coldly and tapped a control and beamed out, leaving a small grenade behind.
Bartyn the Ronin

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca threw herself onto the grenade using the ijulna to shield her from the blast. There was a muffled thump, and the rending for flesh. Pain like she had never experienced, and then blackness.

She came to a few moments later, her head swimming, and hurting in places she never knew she had. She was on her back, how she got there she didn't have a clue. Everything was confusing. She could taste copper in her mouth, and the sensed rather than seen the others were around her.

"Who is injured?" Rebecca whispered. "Anyone else get hurt?"