It Stands to Reason....

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Kat Donovan

It Stands to Reason....

Post by Kat Donovan »

Kat Donovan entered Trinity's quarters, black Ajem robes billowing around her. "The Mistress has asked that I train you in the use of a kliden," she explained.

She hesitated and looked around nervously. Then resolve spread across her face as the decision had been made, and she wouls deal with the consequences as they came. "I must ask Colonel. Am I in your reality? Is there a Katherine Donovan there?"

Trinity Talon

Re: It Stands to Reason....

Post by Trinity Talon »

Trinity put the book down and nodded her head. "Well, there was until recently. She killed our Becca Sandoval, but... I guess she got better, Kat on the other hand apparently had a change of heart and helped my Aunt Olivia rescue my cousin Lana and a bunch of other orphans and stolen children who were artificially aged so they could be basically prostitutes and slaves. Kat was killed in that operation." she sighed. "I hated her for taking Ethan's mother from him, yet... she died a hero and that's how she's remembered."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Kat Donovan

Post by Kat Donovan »

She frowned, "I assumed our realities were mirrored. My evil Becca yours good. My Nick Ryder evil, and yours good." She shrugged her shoulders, "If I get you off this ship will I have a place in your society? I don't wish to be a prisoner, but actually a part of it. Julie Lei... my Julie Lei was right. This Becca... Bellatrix as she calls herself is evil. She puts on a pretense. She's smart enough to know you can't rule indefinitely with an iron fist, but she wants nothing more than power."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Anything could happen." Trinity said and cocked her head. "And how am I to be sure this isn't some odd test of her's? That you aren't trying to just get me killed?"

Kat Donovan

Post by Kat Donovan »

She shrugged, "I canae bloody do that, and you ken that well enough. It's up to you. I shall not offer again. Bellatrix will kill me."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"If you get me off this ship... and this isn't a trick... I will do whatever it takes to ensure that you have a place. Even if it's on my ranch, or in my unit somehow." Trinity said as she looked at the slim redhead. "Got quite a few Scots in the 82nd, you'd fit in. Or you can always go the civilian route. I'm not forcing anyone to fight."

Kat Donovan

Post by Kat Donovan »

"She'll come after me, ya ken that well enough. She doesn't accept betrayal lightly," Kat said with her Scottish burr. "But, this is yer only chance lass. She'll no let ye go."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"You're risking a lot... but if you're willing to risk it, I'll do whatever I can to protect you." Trinity said as she walked over to her. "In the meantime, let's just do what she says. So... you came to train me in the use of the kilden? I do have some sword training, but not this kind, the weight throws me off since there's so little air resistance."

Kat Donovan

Post by Kat Donovan »

"Defend yourself!" Kat shouted, and drew her twin klidens, one red, and one violet. She flurished the ancient 'dasis weapons. With practiced grace she advanced on Trinity. "The kliden isn't your only weapon. Don't forget your senses. Those can be far more effective than your blade. As a woman you'll never be able win by brawn, especially against a man. So, use your brain. Use the lightness in your feet. Use your quickness."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

Trinity ignited the kilden that Bellatrix gave her and like Kat said, moved with a bit more grace and didn't focus so much on making contact with the blade, as much as avoiding it and using her own kilden to stop any strikes from coming. "I did take two years of ballet before I broke both big toes." she said with a graceful spin away from Kat's kilden and then flipped the blade around and dodged another blow. "Aunt Olivia thought it would give me an edge in a fight, mom just took it as an excuse to make me new ballet outfits."